DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Hi Ciribob,

I have not been able to get SRS to work for about a month. When I click connect to the test/BF server the button will grey out and then just go back to connect. Looking at the log it just says

2018-08-10 22:24:21.5637 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker | Running latest stable version: 1.5.3.5

2018-08-10 22:24:39.6130 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync | Failed to connect to server @ 5.189.162.17:5014

2018-08-10 22:24:39.6130 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync | Disconnecting from server

I have done the reinstall and have not pulled my Tacview script back into the Export.Lua One thing I did notice is that your link to .Net points to the 4.6.2 version and I am running the 4.7.1 version, could this be causing the issue?

Thanks

JD

AKA_MattE

Hi Ciribob,

I have not been able to get SRS to work for about a month. When I click connect to the test/BF server the button will grey out and then just go back to connect. Looking at the log it just says

2018-08-10 22:24:21.5637 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Common.UpdaterChecker | Running latest stable version: 1.5.3.5

2018-08-10 22:24:39.6130 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync | Failed to connect to server @ 5.189.162.17:5014

2018-08-10 22:24:39.6130 | Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Network.ClientSync | Disconnecting from server

I have done the reinstall and have not pulled my Tacview script back into the Export.Lua One thing I did notice is that your link to .Net points to the 4.6.2 version and I am running the 4.7.1 version, could this be causing the issue?

Thanks

JD

AKA_MattE

That server was moved. The test server is 5.189.162.17 (note no port)

And the BF Caucasus server is at a different address. See http://gadget.buddyspike.net

If you're flying on BF it'll autoconnect anyway :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi there i just have some issue whit SRS science last night. Any one have idea what can be wrong

Thanks

SRS.thumb.jpg.84e1d9a78833ea6d343afcdd71cf268a.jpg

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

This is a great program.

Is it possible to get an active sound like air/static when transmitting or keying the mic to give the radio a more realistic sound. I've added realistic mic clicks to mine but when you key the mic you get the clicks and no real way to know your keying or active like a real radio.

Also tx blocking so you can't talk over someone who as actively tx'ing

Would be great to get it more realistic. Great program!

Edited by BoneDust

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I seem to be having a problem where my radio toggle overlay is only appearing as a ghost image on my monitor. (I'm using 3 monitors.) I've tried clicking in the task window and hitting maximize on the blank window for SRS, but that doesn't appear to be doing anything. Not sure what I'm doing wrong? I should also point out that when I click the toggle awacs overlay button the overlay displays correctly and is not ghosted.

Edited by Kinger

I seem to be having a problem where my radio toggle overlay is only appearing as a ghost image on my monitor. (I'm using 3 monitors.) I've tried clicking in the task window and hitting maximize on the blank window for SRS, but that doesn't appear to be doing anything. Not sure what I'm doing wrong? I should also point out that when I click the toggle awacs overlay button the overlay displays correctly and is not ghosted.

There is a slider on the bottom of the overlay that controls transparency, it needs to be to the right to be at max opaque.

I would like to request a feature related to Controls mapping. Currently, I can map joystick button 26 to radio 1 and button 24 to radio 2. I also map the same buttons 26 and 24 with a modifier to in-game countermeasures switches. What happens when I activate these countermeasures though, is that it also fires the radios via SRS, since SRS sees that I have pressed button 26 or 24.

Can we have SRS ignore keypresses/button presses with a modifier when a modifier is not explicitly specified in SRS controls screen? This would then allow us greater control over our key bindings. I do realize that I could reverse my buttons so SRS is activated with a modifier, and my countermeasures activated w/o the modifier, but I prefer to keep my radio controls as my main button press, since they are more often utilized.

thanks for listening.

I really like SRS, but I also have a feature request

Would it be possible to have more than one modifier per command? (Even just the radio ones) please

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

I would like to request a feature related to Controls mapping. Currently, I can map joystick button 26 to radio 1 and button 24 to radio 2. I also map the same buttons 26 and 24 with a modifier to in-game countermeasures switches. What happens when I activate these countermeasures though, is that it also fires the radios via SRS, since SRS sees that I have pressed button 26 or 24.

Can we have SRS ignore keypresses/button presses with a modifier when a modifier is not explicitly specified in SRS controls screen? This would then allow us greater control over our key bindings. I do realize that I could reverse my buttons so SRS is activated with a modifier, and my countermeasures activated w/o the modifier, but I prefer to keep my radio controls as my main button press, since they are more often utilized.

thanks for listening.

Do you use VoiceAttack or anything else that can re-map keys?, if you do that's one way around it - set up aliases and their conditions can be set to eg 'no other buttons are down', it's the way i acheive exactly that.

Do you use VoiceAttack or anything else that can re-map keys?, if you do that's one way around it - set up aliases and their conditions can be set to eg 'no other buttons are down', it's the way i acheive exactly that.
Could you please elaborate how you got this working? I'm having problems making it only fire on the single button press, and I'm also not able to create a hold push to talk state. I'm mapping the joystick button press to a keypress that is then mapped to SRS. Thanks,

Could you please elaborate how you got this working? I'm having problems making it only fire on the single button press, and I'm also not able to create a hold push to talk state. I'm mapping the joystick button press to a keypress that is then mapped to SRS. Thanks,

I haven't used Voice Attack to manipulate keys generically (outside of voice recognition), but if you have a joystick/HOTAS that is programmable (like Thrustmaster TARGET, or even simpler programing tools like the Saitek/Logitech programming software for Saitek products, etc.), then this is perhaps a better choice for solving this issue. Alternatively, if your Joystick/HOTAS does not have such support, there are many game controller keyboard mapper programs which can help. AutoHotKeys is probably one of the most advanced, but requires some time to learn how to program with it (it is Visual Basic like, but very powerful).

Anyway, to solve the problem using a simple keyboard mapper, don't map joystick keys directly to DCS and SRS. Instead, map keyboard combos for all the radios in SRS (e.g. R_ALT-F9 for Radio 1, R_ALT-F10 for Radio 2, R_ALT-F11 for Radio 3, etc.), and make sure the DCS countermeasure functions also have keyboard combos. Then use the keyboard mapper tool to make your joystick keys (unshifted) to press the SRS keyboard combos. But for the shifted state the mapper would press the countermeasure keyboard combos.

The down side is, if you are trying to use keyboard modifier keys to "shift" the state of your joystick buttons (like the actual SHIFT, CTRL, or ALT keys), most programming tools will not allow you to use keyboard keys to "shift" the joystick button states. You can only use other Joystick/HOTAS keys to "shift" the button's state. Even TARGET, which is very powerful, can't do this easily, or at all. But AutoHotKeys can as it has access to all keyboard keys, as well as all Joystick buttons and axis.

I can give more details, but for now, the main point is to try the concept of mapping keyboard combos to drive SRS and the countermeasures in DCS and use mapper software to send those combos.

As for how to do this in Voice Attack, I'm curious too. Maybe I need to look into that as I haven't considered using VA as a generic keyboard/joystick mapper. VA is very programmable, and very powerful, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Drakoz

It's the 'no other buttons down' state in voice attack which I can't seem to get to work properly. As a fallback, I did in fact just reverse my mappings. I put countermeasures on the hat switches, and teamspeak, SRS, and VA as shifted states of the hat switches. It wasn't my first choice, but at least every function is mapped without overlap.

hey I had an idea on this. Can SRS detect a second joystick (virtual device) for control mapping? I'm not at my PC until this evening, but my goal would be to leverage vJoy which I'm already using for an unrelated reason. I could then map physical button presses (with and without alt states) to virtual hat button presses, and have DCS countermeasures, Teamspeak, SRS and VoiceAttack all map to the virtual button presses.

Is the harrier working in the latest SRS version?

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Is the harrier working in the latest SRS version?
Yes it's working :)

Make sure you have the latest version. If you're unsure, use the installer to install again

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sure, my particular bindings;

VA 'SRS PTT press' Button:Joystick 1 button 20(shortcut invoked when no other buttons are down checked)

VA 'SRS PTT release' Button:Joystick1 button 20(shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released AND shortcut invoked when no other buttons are down checked)

In both cases the 'key to press' i chose (more or less at random i think) is 'RAlt O'

So in SRS Controls i have 'Push To Talk - PTT' set to keyboard button 24(O) and 'Push To Talk - PTT Modifier' set to keyboard button 118(RAlt)

The end result is that when i use the same joystick buttons with the addition of my 'pinkie finger' modifier for something not radio related, it doesn't clash and i don't issue an unintended PTT.

No need for an additional utility to program your devices.

sorry for the lag in replying - i have been on holiday !

I tried running the installer again. both radios show 127.5 and cannot be changed from that freq, this is still in the harrier. The hornet works fine. The gazelle works fine as well. Not sure why the Harrier is the only one not working.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Sure, my particular bindings;

VA 'SRS PTT press' Button:Joystick 1 button 20(shortcut invoked when no other buttons are down checked)

VA 'SRS PTT release' Button:Joystick1 button 20(shortcut is invoked only when all buttons are released AND shortcut invoked when no other buttons are down checked)

In both cases the 'key to press' i chose (more or less at random i think) is 'RAlt O'

So in SRS Controls i have 'Push To Talk - PTT' set to keyboard button 24(O) and 'Push To Talk - PTT Modifier' set to keyboard button 118(RAlt)

The end result is that when i use the same joystick buttons with the addition of my 'pinkie finger' modifier for something not radio related, it doesn't clash and i don't issue an unintended PTT.

No need for an additional utility to program your devices.

sorry for the lag in replying - i have been on holiday !

Thanks, I'll give this a shot tonight!