DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Hi guys.

I don't have much experience on srs.

yesterday i tried a mp server with srs

it was good but, i heard my own voice while speaking. it confused me a lot. how can i disable it?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yesrterday I had a similar issue as "Japo32" described.

I will update VAICOM and check wether this was a "one time issue", or there is a conflict, which, ATM, is my guess as well. If true, I will report back.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

Hi guys.

I don't have much experience on srs.

yesterday i tried a mp server with srs

it was good but, i heard my own voice while speaking. it confused me a lot. how can i disable it?

Don't use the mic passthrough option
Yesrterday I had a similar issue as "Japo32" described.

I will update VAICOM and check wether this was a "one time issue", or there is a conflict, which, ATM, is my guess as well. If true, I will report back.

Hollywood and I can confirm that there is no conflict between SRS and VAICOM - all is working fine for us in testing.

Best thing as always is to delete the scripts folder in saved games/ dcs

For support please please please go to Discord for support!

https://discord.gg/vqxAw7H

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Right understand now - so its just that alert box and any others should be by the app - not in the middle of then screen?

8<

Yes, exactly. It makes it less likely to miss the pop-up.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Don't use the mic passthrough option

Hollywood and I can confirm that there is no conflict between SRS and VAICOM - all is working fine for us in testing.

Best thing as always is to delete the scripts folder in saved games/ dcs

For support please please please go to Discord for support!

https://discord.gg/vqxAw7H

where is this setting?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Silly question, can SRS support different PTT bindings for different aircraft? Is this what the "Allow INCOCKPIT DCS Controlled PTT" option does?
Not a silly question at all

SRS has two ways of triggering the PTT, using SRS hotkeys and using DCS hotkeys.

DCS hotkeys only work on a few modules, as they have to be built on a certain way for SRS to be able to hook into it.

If you want per aircraft controls, use the SRS profiles, and enable auto select profile.

Name the profile after the aircraft - e.g a10c and that profile will be used or default profile if none matches

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Not a silly question at all

SRS has two ways of triggering the PTT, using SRS hotkeys and using DCS hotkeys.

DCS hotkeys only work on a few modules, as they have to be built on a certain way for SRS to be able to hook into it.

If you want per aircraft controls, use the SRS profiles, and enable auto select profile.

Name the profile after the aircraft - e.g a10c and that profile will be used or default profile if none matches

Ah excellent, just had a play around and I see how you do that now. I can't do it just yet as I'm waiting on a HOTAS upgrade but I asked because it will allow me to do much more realistic bindings for most planes so good future info.

What's the syntax for all the modules to make sure it's recognised? e.g. just f14b, fa18c, jf17?

• Like 1

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

With new "Voice Chat", is this mod still popular/preferred? Just built a new system with DCS VR MP in mind, and was wondering if it's still worth the effort to install and setup.

I had set it up before on my old system, but mp play was so bad for me, I never had a good experience with it. Loved the idea of having realistic comms and prefer that to a dumbed down chat.

If this subject has been raised and discussed in this thread before, please drop a link to that post and I'll take my answer there.

Thanks

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

DCS voice chat as it stands right now is too rudimentary to replace the more integrated SRS in terms of functionality. It just has one channel for red, one for blue, and no integration with in-game radios (ie being able to tune a radio freq). We use SRS here in TAW when we run our Sunday Ops. If you need help setting it up, you can join the SRS discord and I'm sure someone can help, lots of helpful folks there.

Ah excellent, just had a play around and I see how you do that now. I can't do it just yet as I'm waiting on a HOTAS upgrade but I asked because it will allow me to do much more realistic bindings for most planes so good future info.

What's the syntax for all the modules to make sure it's recognised? e.g. just f14b, fa18c, jf17?

For naming - case and special characters are ignored and it matches from the start

For example a10 and a10c would work for A10C

Mig29 would work for all mig29 variants

Mig29a would only work for mig29a

• Like 1

Not sure why but I am having an issue with SRS on MP.

Was on TTF SoCal and everything works great!

Leave server, jump into 4YA_Capture_Bases2_V12A and as soon as I key up, I notice the TR indicator is still on. I call out without hitting PTT if I had a hot mic and got back from a few that it was hot. I had to flip to 2nd radio in order to break off of the hot mic.

This is in the F-14 and I have not messed with any of the cockpit buttons. I am using a TM WH throttle radio buttons that works normally all the time, but in that one server.

Also, it would be nice if the SRS would disconnect when I leave a server. I have entered auto connect servers, then disconnected, jumped into another server with auto connect but it for some reason would not release the previous server. Also, this is an issue when connecting to a server that does not run auto connect.

SRS is great though!!! Everyone should be using it as it helps with comms knowing what everyone is doing especially for ATC.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Loved the idea of having realistic comms and prefer that to a dumbed down chat.

Stick to SRS then, DCS integrated voice chat is still in an embryonic state at the moment and is a little more than a dumbed down chat... while SRS allows for realistic comms.

I think it will take a long time for the integrated system to reach SRS (and maybe it will never do).

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea

Is the name "simple radio" supposed to be sarcastic ?
Absolutely not, it's a one click install and 4 buttons to bind :)

Not sure it could be any simpler

Hi there. With the newest update after setting radio RX and TX to OFF I can still hear it. Any thoughts ?

Bug but fixed in 1.7.2.0 :thumbup:

New RELEASE Version - 1.7.2.0

Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t Please give feedback and use Discord for support

SERVER OWNERS - You need to allow TCP AND UDP on port 5002

AutoConnect Script must be in Saved GamesDCSScriptsHooks now instead of just Scripts folder. Just create a hooks folder in Scripts folder if you don't have one

This is the first release of SRS for the roaring 20's and adds a few new major features along with some bug fixes.

The new Server Side option "Show Tuned / Client Count" if enabled adds a small number next to the radio showing the number of radios **tuned** to that frequency. It wont take into account any Line of Sight or Distance limitations and although someone may be tuned to it - if you're using encryption they wont necessarily hear you :)

Global Chat / Lobby Frequency - If set provides a frequency you can tune into on either Red or Blue and still hear each other - even if Coalition Security is enabled. Spectators can also use this frequency if Spectator Audio is enabled and can be used for troubleshooting or inter-team comms.

Fully backwards compatible with all previous servers and clients of the 1.7.X releases although the new Global Lobby Frequency and Show Tuned Clients options wont work until both the server and client are updated

Changelog:

• Show Currently Tuned Clients on Native SRS and DCS SRS Overlay - Controlled Server Side
  • Added global chat / lobby frequency - ignores LOS, Distance and coalition settings - Controlled server side
  • Added back -cfg= command line option - sets a **directory** to use for config files - will look for global.cfg in that directory and create it if it doesnt exist.
  • Fixed for Radio TX Start playing regardless of setting
  • Fixed AutoConnect LUA -freq command not showing the correct info - you will need to manually update this file!
  • Possible fix for the Auto Updater / Installer not working due to differing .NET versions

Download Here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

To update - just download the SRS-AutoUpdater and run to do a one click install and / or UPDATE

OR

Download the SRS Release - extract the whole zip, run the installer

DCS / VR Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

Default overlay state can be configured in the SRS Settings inside DCS itself

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

Please go to Discord for support

Download Here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo & Installation

Edited by Ciribob

Does anyone else have issues with SRS and 144 hz? When I am navigating through the app it feels stuttery and I think it is due the high refresh rate.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

• 2 weeks later...