DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Yes, diff scripts for different airplanes.

Auto connect on new role is new to me because server I use wasn't configured for auto before. Yes that is working on connect and new role.

When I change script I get this.Untitled.gifSRS will not respond until SRS restart as dialog says. Rescan button has no effect. If script emulates keyboard then SRS recognizes emulated keyboard.

Restarting SRS and pressing connect results in joining "favorite server" not last connected.

Ah yes now I see auto-launch, thank you.

Edited by Frederf

Yes, diff scripts for different airplanes.
Auto connect on new role is new to me because server I use wasn't configured for auto before. Yes that is working on connect and new role.

When I change script I get this.Untitled.gif.70acebc21460247c378a72808ccf6376.gifSRS will not respond until SRS restart as dialog says. Rescan button has no effect. If script emulates keyboard then SRS recognizes emulated keyboard.

Restarting SRS and pressing connect results in joining "favorite server" not last connected.
Ah yes now I see auto-launch, thank you.
Thanks, I'll take a look at target and see if I can make it work with the rescan button

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi All

Hope someone can tell me if the Services Folder with DCS-SRS within should be in the Mods Folder in Saved Games? I'm not sure if I dragged it in by mistake.

Thanks in advance
Please go to discord for support https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Two suggestions to make SRS better:

1.  On the Settings tab, in GLOBAL SETTINGS you can set 'Auto Select Profile For Aircraft', but you have to guess how the profile for an aircraft is named 🤨. In the PROFILE section, in the pulldown for selecting the profile, if 'Auto Select Profile For Aircraft' is ON, add all the valid profile names for Aircraft. That would make that option about 99.995% easier to use.

2. Once control inputs are defined on the Controls tab, there is not way to determine if they are properly set and working. You can only go back and set them again.

It would be very helpful if you could assert a control to get a response on the Controls tab -- like having the corresponding line highlight while the control is asserted -- demonstrating that the control is set and working.

• Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

Hi ciribob. Since a week or so I have significant CPU usage by SRS when in MP and connected to the SRS channel. SRS uses around 20-25% of CPU which significantly influences DCS performance. This has not been the case before, CPU utilization was around 5%. I also installed Tacview, but deinstalled it meanwhile, since I initially thought this is the problem. But the problem definitely is SRS, when I disconnect the utilization goes back to 2-3%. Is there anything known which may get wrong?

https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Please go here for support

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Is there any way to stop GeForce Experience to detect SRS as a game? Sometimes SRS 'steals' GeForce Experience from DCS.

Thanks!

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

• 3 weeks later...
I want to know what does this mean and how to implement this function:

Added optional location (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude) so you can position the transmission. Line of Sight and Distance are respected if enabled.

Who can teach me,thanks

On 4/27/2021 at 9:23 PM, daviddou80 said:

Added optional location (Latitude, Longitude, Altitude) so you can position the transmission. Line of Sight and Distance are respected if enabled.

Who can teach me,thanks

What it means; um, in a nutshell, i think Ciribob has modelled the attenuation that any VHF/UHF transmission suffers from with respect to distance between transmitter and receiver, plus nasty things like mountains in between them.

Someone will jump in if i'm wrong

How to implement; not a clue sorry

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 4:23 PM, daviddou80 said:

Who can teach me,thanks

Open a cmd or powershell window and execute C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone>DCS-SR-ExternalAudio.exe. It will give extensive help information about how to use it, including the new parameters. However I've never used it and can't offer additional suggestions. Cribob responds to queries on the SRS Discord channel.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Question:

Can I use Simpleradio as a "filter" for recorded voice transmissions (which I would use for single player missions). I was hoping to filter voice recordings to add a measure of realism for my missions. I apologize if this has already been covered.

Thank you,

John

Edited by King39

22小时前,t1mb0b说:

What it means; um, in a nutshell, i think Ciribob has modelled the attenuation that any VHF/UHF transmission suffers from with respect to distance between transmitter and receiver, plus nasty things like mountains in between them.

Someone will jump in if i'm wrong

How to implement; not a clue sorry

thank u for your replay

16小时前,sthompson说:

Open a cmd or powershell window and execute C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone>DCS-SR-ExternalAudio.exe. It will give extensive help information about how to use it, including the new parameters. However I've never used it and can't offer additional suggestions. Cribob responds to queries on the SRS Discord channel.

Thanks for your answer

On 5/3/2021 at 10:43 AM, Alpiinoo said:

Highlight VHF/UHF transmit in F-16 when?

Not possible without ED adding an argument for it

Hi Ciribob,

Firstly, thank you so much for creating this great add on. It absolutely transforms the experience in multiplayer servers!

Unfortunately, I am one of the players who has been negatively impacted by performance in 2.7 in VR, specifially stuttering caused by spikes in CPU frame times. This is especially bad when joining any multiplayer server. Every 1.5 to 2 seconds I see a spike in CPU frame time. Here is an example using the F-14 caucases take off instant action mission:

oAaRUMv.png

This is a freshly repaired install of DCS with no mods other than SRS. The issue is clearly visible on the CPU graph. If I do anything more strenuous than fly around in an empty mission, especially joining a multiplayer server, these spikes are enough to cause a visible stutter in the headset every 2 seconds. It has made VR unplayable for me, especially online.

I have been experimenting with settings in DCS, NVidia control panel, Process Lasso, enabling and disabling various mods etc and I think I have finally tracked down the source of my issues. It seem that my problem is related to the Exports.lua file found in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts. My Exports.lua file just has a single line related to SRS:

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

I have discovered that if I delete the Exports.lua file the issue goes away:

JOXesBq.png

Not only are the spikes in CPU frame time gone, but the average CPU frame time is 1 - 2 ms lower. The headset was on the table in the same position for both test runs, all settings were the same, and the applications running in the background in windows was identical in each case. The only difference was the deleted Export.lua file. As a test I tried joining one of the hoggit servers tonight with Export.lua deleted and 90% of the stutters in VR are gone.

I have no idea whether this is an SRS issue or a general DCS issue, but I am posting here since the only thing in my Exports.lua file was for SRS. Is there anything that I as a player can do about this, or am I stuck waiting for DCS or SRS code changes to address this issue?

Edited by MPK

Hi Ciribob,

Firstly, thank you so much for creating this great add on. It absolutely transforms the experience in multiplayer servers!

Unfortunately, I am one of the players who has been negatively impacted by performance in 2.7 in VR, specifially stuttering caused by spikes in CPU frame times. This is especially bad when joining any multiplayer server. Every 1.5 to 2 seconds I see a spike in CPU frame time. Here is an example using the F-14 caucases take off instant action mission:

oAaRUMv.png

This is a freshly repaired install of DCS with no mods other than SRS. The issue is clearly visible on the CPU graph. If I do anything more strenuous than fly around in an empty mission, especially joining a multiplayer server, these spikes are enough to cause a visible stutter in the headset every 2 seconds. It has made VR unplayable for me, especially online.

I have been experimenting with settings in DCS, NVidia control panel, Process Lasso, enabling and disabling various mods etc and I think I have finally tracked down the source of my issues. It seem that my problem is related to the Exports.lua file found in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts. My Exports.lua file just has a single line related to SRS:

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

I have discovered that if I delete the Exports.lua file the issue goes away:

JOXesBq.png

Not only are the spikes in CPU frame time gone, but the average CPU frame time is 1 - 2 ms lower. The headset was on the table in the same position for both test runs, all settings were the same, and the applications running in the background in windows was identical in each case. The only difference was the deleted Export.lua file. As a test I tried joining one of the hoggit servers tonight with Export.lua deleted and 90% of the stutters in VR are gone.

I have no idea whether this is an SRS issue or a general DCS issue, but I am posting here since the only thing in my Exports.lua file was for SRS. Is there anything that I as a player can do about this, or am I stuck waiting for DCS or SRS code changes to address this issue?
Please head to the SRS Discord for support

I've not played DCS much in VR due to the clouds jitter but I'll have a look. I run an HP G2.

Someone had a similar issue and fixed it on the discord.
https://discord.com/channels/298054423656005632/598575126530752540/838455848904032286

Thanks for the detailed writeup!

• 2 weeks later...
I opened up a server ( via the server exe in the installfolder)
My friend and i can connect to it. But ingame we cant hear us via srs . ( when i open up a mp game)
When we connect to a mp game from the Browser we can transmit an hear us with srs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 11:23 PM, chief said:

SRS always auto connects even if I set OFF in settings and uncheck it in DCS then damn thing always connects! Anyway I can get it to stop this? I guess uninstall but any other way?

Turn SRS auto launch OFF in DCS Settings settings
Turn off auto connect in SRS Settings

You must've left one of those two on

Edited by Ciribob
  • Like 1

no those two are definitely off
Please send a screenshot of the SRS settings in DCS page and the SRS settings

Please also supply clientlog.txt from the SRS folder and the dcs logs folder from saved games/dcs/logs as a zip.

You'll need to provide the logs after you have had SRS autolaunch and autoconnect