DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

7 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

When I talk to others using PTT I hear my voice in my headsets and that is awful. How can I change that?

turn off mic passthrough 

• Like 2

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have come up with an idea, which I don't know to what extent it would be possible. The idea in question is: When TACVIEW starts recording, SRS would record an audio file with the frequencies, thus having a perfectly adjusted audio with respect to tacview's acmi. For debriefings I think it would be perfect, but I don't know how difficult this function could be. Best regards!

• Like 3

I9 13900K, 64GB RAM, GTX 4090, 2TBx4 SSD, Quest 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fixed channel list for JF17 does not work

As documented here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790

The name of the file for a fixed channel list for a JF17 should be R&S M3AR
When pasted into the filename and the weird characters are filtered out you get
R&S M3AR.txt

Any freqs pasted in here should appear as presets in the cockpit, no?
Also, that document shows only 1 radio for the JF17 when in fact it has two.

Is there a way to 'prepopulate' the radio channels in the Jeff?

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just reinstalled SRS after a complete installation of DCS on a brand new (and very performant) computer.

When I am conecting on the server with SRS, my mouse is moving more slowly. Same issue when I am clicking on it, the latency is quiet high (1-2s)
When I disconnect the server, all is working again as normal.

Is it a known issue with SRS ?

Thxxx

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Paladin1cd said:

Did the new patch break something for the A10CII? Mine isn't transmitting anymore but my Viper is fine...

Since you found my thread, posting here of all the things I have tried to get my A-10CII to function on any level with comms since Beta drop. Also posted in DCS Voice Chat sub forum.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

On 12/25/2021 at 6:16 PM, Paladin1cd said:

Did the new patch break something for the A10CII? Mine isn't transmitting anymore but my Viper is fine...

This is the fix, found it on SRS Discord server from @Ciribob

Capture.JPG

My HOTAS Mic button still doesn't work, but I can comm again!!

Edited by SmirkingGerbil

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 3 weeks later...

Wasted so much time with discord pratting about, so hope someone might be able to help.

The only problem I am having is with the Overlay. I can have the original text overlay fine, but every time I try the new radios Overlay, it will not show up and is always in background of dcs. I can only view it by starting it and then load dcs. As soon as I click on it to move it, it disappears again.

Not too worried if it is bugged as I can disable it and use the text version.

Cheers

Are you aware that SRS has nothing to do with DCS Voice Chat?

it sounds like you are conflating the two.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Good afternoon friends! I wanted to ask a, maybe, dumb question:  I have been flying on the SoW server, and SRS is just incredible!  I also host small 2 person missions with my brother, who only ever flies with me.  For those scenarios, it would be ideal not to actually have to PTT, but to have hot mics on at all times.

But, from what I read, this seems to be 'aircraft specific'.  We fly warbirds, specifically, the Bf-109.   Is there a way to just both have hot mics on at all times, or are we bound to PTT as the 109 is itself bound to PTT?

Ideally, a solution would work so that I can quickly move from THAT setting to actually needing to have push to talk, as that is required on the other multiplayer games.

Thanks for any feedback and sorry if I missed something really obvious.

Best regards,

Rafa.

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping someone has hit this problem before and can give me some advice. I just started getting into multiplayer servers, and it seems pretty essential to use SRS.

I cannot receive, only transmit on SRS.

I has SRS working fine a few months ago (the last time I tried multiplayer), but recently (I've reinstalled SRS multiple times to try to solve this problem, I'm on SRS 1.9.9) I cannot hear anything over SRS.

• I can hear the game audio/sounds fine via my headset
  • I'm connected fine to the server in SRS (all three green connection indicators in the bottom)
  • I can successfully, turn on radios, turn up volume, and change channels in the Hornet, and it reflects the correct values on the STS overlay
  • I can successfully press my PTT button and I see the *+TR  appear beside the correct channel and I am transmitting
    • Others are letting me know via the chat that they can hear me 5x5
  • I can see others are transmitting over SRS (white user name text besides the channel)
  • I CANNOT:
    • Hear any replies or other chatter over the radios!
    • Hear the TX start/stop sounds that I have turned on when transmitting
    • Hear any pass through of my own voice, if I try to set the passthrough up.

This obviously has something to do with my audio output selection (in SRS, DCS and/or Windows), but I cannot figure out the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

My SRS settings seem to align with others (Radio switch works as PTT etc.) and the volumes are all up/not muted. I've tried the SRS output as both 'Default Speakers" and selecting directly my headset as the output, no changes to my problem.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Solution Found! Uninstall Sonic Studio 3 or Disable in the Device Manager the Virtual Driver for it  😀

Edited by TBo69

ASUS Strix Z490-E, i7-10700K, Corsair Vengeance 32GB Ram 3200MHz, ASUS Strix RTX3080, Corsair 465X case

32" 4K, TM Warthog Stick/Throttle, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Winwing Combat and Takeoff panels, Rift S, Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Hi,

For DCS, I use CTS+VAICOM+SRS

I have configured these softs as below to use Dynamic Switching, to be able to choose to talk to AI (VAICOM) or humans (SRS)

Thisworks fine with M2000. When I select the TX1, I can talk to Vaicom (AI). On SRS overlay, it shows a * in front of the selected radio
If I say "Switch", then it switches to Voip (human) and on SRS overlay, I can see *+TR

These tags on overlay are very useful to know who I'm talking to

But in A-10C II, it seems not work so well. I can communicate with Vaicom (AI) but I don't see the * and when I switch to Voip, I don't see any *+TR
I have a doubt if this is only a visual issue or if really, my voice is not transmitted to SRS (I may need to do some tests with mates ...), despite I see the RLY orange light in Vaicom PTT tab

Anybody has an explanation/solution why I don't see the * and *+TR tags on A-10C II ?

image.png

image.png

• (SRS Settings Page) Radio Switch works as Push To Talk (PTT): ON
• (SRS Settings Page) Allow INCOCKPIT DCS Controlled PTT: OFF
• (SRS Settings Page) Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit: ON

image.png

Edited by Oiz0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How can I get SRS to use a non-default mic and output on startup? Whenever I get into amultiplayer server, these are always set to default. I asked on the SRS discord and the suggestion was to set my windows default to whatever I want SRS to use.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 5:09 PM, TBo69 said:

EDIT: Solution Found! Uninstall Sonic Studio 3 or Disable in the Device Manager the Virtual Driver for it  😀

Thanks for this. I simply disabled the Speakers output for SS3 in Windows sound control panel. Probably conflicting with the Speakers output of the motherboard...

Edited by Tailhook

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I have been trying to build boards for DCS with DCS-Bios and exporting radio frequencies to 7-segment boards I liked the result a lot, but the problem with dcsbios is that the code is exclusive to each device.

A radio created for UH will not work on an F14 for example.

I would like to create a comm panel for DCS and it would be perfect if it could work with all devices just like SimpleRadio does Would it be possible to extract from DCS or SimpleRadio the radio frequency of any device to show it through DCSBios in a panel?

ADF Uh-1H

• Like 1

SRS causes the cold start AH-64 (cold start) to have its master volume knob graphically initialize to the maximum value while the logical value is minimum. This desync is removed when the knob is moved by the user.

• 1 month later...

i have a few problem with SRS and UH-1H.

The VHF FM radio which with simple radio does not work. SRS connected, radio frequency set, works for some time (not quantifiable and continuously variable), after few minutes SRS disconnected. I reconnect SRS while in flight, but it no longer takes the VFH FM frequency set on the huey, leaving the default at 30,000 (very strange).

Why? bug o my error?

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

In the AH-64D Apache, when I select the radio I wish to used for transmission with the RTS (Radio Transmission Select) rocker on the EUFD (Enhanced Up-Front Display), SRS doesn't change to that radio. When I press the SRS PTT button, I see in the SRS overlay, the asterisk next to the top most radio. I can not change away from it.

Do I need to configure something in SRS to get it to work?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1