DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

So, basically SRS doesn't support the AH-64, except in that there is a work-around.

I thought I was going a bit more nuts, but I guess I'm still at the normal level 😬

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 5/13/2022 at 1:47 AM, Captain Orso said:

In the AH-64D Apache, when I select the radio I wish to used for transmission with the RTS (Radio Transmission Select) rocker on the EUFD (Enhanced Up-Front Display), SRS doesn't change to that radio. When I press the SRS PTT button, I see in the SRS overlay, the asterisk next to the top most radio. I can not change away from it.

Do I need to configure something in SRS to get it to work?

You might indeed need to check your SRS settings, it's working fine on my end.

I don't quite recall what combination of allow in-cockpit and whatnot settings you need for it though.

Edited by LazyBoot

So far, no help.

Can anyone tell me HOW to make it work?

Until now, everything worked out-of-the-box.

Also, for Ciribob a request/suggestion. On the Controls page, make asserting a button/switch highlight the set control on the page. I can't remember exactly which number is which button, so this would make everything so much easier.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

For support, please go to the SRS Discord https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Okay, thanks!

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

On 5/13/2022 at 10:52 AM, Captain Orso said:

So, basically SRS doesn't support the AH-64, except in that there is a work-around.

I thought I was going a bit more nuts, but I guess I'm still at the normal level 😬

Management Summery

Do NOT set "ALWAYS allow SRS Hotkeys" in Settings -> Profile Settings -> Controls /Cockpit Integration.

It does not matter whether there is a conflict in the setting or not, if this is set, changing the radio in-cockpit will have no effect on SRS.

Thanks to Ciribob and other for their patience and help... especially their patience 😏

*whew* who wants a beer? 🍻

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 3 months later...

I'm having a strange issue. Whenever i enter a server, i'm spectator (before hopping into an aircraft); while in spectator, SRS seems to hot mic. As soon as I'm in my aircraft; no more hot mice;and PTT works correctly.

Oddly; whenver I'm KIA, the hot mic starts again, until I'm respawned.

This rogue transmission in hot mic; happens on the guard channel.

Edited by Varry007

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know how retransmission works with lotatc? And what objects can retransmit?
Retransmission works on the client, so SRS will retransmit from where ever your location is.

You can set your location in LotATC

It's simulates you receiving it, then sending it out again

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

7 hours ago, Ciribob said:

Retransmission works on the client, so SRS will retransmit from where ever your location is.

You can set your location in LotATC

It's simulates you receiving it, then sending it out again

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Thats not exactly what Im asking. If I'm a GCI, what objects are avaliable for retransmission? For example, I set my location as an AWACS. I want a helicopter, located on the far side of the mountain ridge to receive my message. And there is an An-26 over him. Will he receive it? Or retransmission works only with objects that can be set as my location?(airdromes, radars)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Реальные хотелки к ЛО3 по Су-25 в основном...

ASRock PG9, i-5 9600KF, MSI 2080Ti, 32GB 3466

• 3 weeks later...

Posted on the Discord, but maybe somebody will know here. 

Simple (I hope) question: Is there a way to prevent SRS starting up automatically? Since I don't use it for SP or some private MP sessions, I would like to either prevent it from starting up with Windows and/or DCS and just start it manually when needed. Also seeing a lot of DCS crashes lately. Not sure it is SRS related, but would like to be able to toggle it on and off for testing purposes.

What I mean is that after a boot, SRS seems to be already running as it loads up when I start DCS. I can't really see a way to turn it OFF (other than killing it in Task Manager).  I would like to have to start it manually to have the option of not having it running.

EdIT: Seems like just seeing the overly before it is connected does not mean it is running.  I think I can just disconnect Auto-Connect and hide the overlay to prevent SRS running. 

EDIT: Ciribob answered on Discord:  "Turn off SRS AutoLaunch in DCS SRS Settings"

Lately been having a ton of crashes that SEEM to be correlated with starting to use SRS, but I am not 100% sure that is the issue.  Seems to happen in VR only. I will be flying along and then all of a sudden, VR will crash (Freeze in the headset with lots of tearing). DCS also appears frozen and I need to kill in in Task Manager. Seems like more of a VR (QUEST2) issue as I don't seem to find a DCS CRASH LOG or .dmp file and the Log file doesn't seem to show anything catastophic.

Just tried connection without VR and it seemed perfectly stable. Probably not an SRS issue, but I thought I would ask if anyone else had seen any weirdness with VR.

When I am connected, SRS works perfectly.

Edited by Recluse

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, Trigati said:

Try swapping the order they appear in Exports.lua

Don’t know if it will work but had issues with SRS and Tacview before and that solved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly no, the DCS-ExportScripts doesn't work unless it's the first and even if the SRS is first, it doesn't connect.

G6XLe1V.png

Looks like the issue was the ";" at the end of the pcall function. Without it it works flawless.
So my Export.lua now is:

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil)
G6XLe1V.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This may already have been answered, but could not find it in my searches but:

Just started experimenting with my own dedicated server with SRS and I have got the DCS server and SRS server working, but I'm not able to get the auto connect feature to work.

I have copied the "DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua" into my Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Hooks and verified that my public Ipv4 address is entered. But still, when I or my friends connect to my DCS Server we won't auto connect to the SRS server, we have to manually enter the IP in SRS and connect.

nullAny suggestions?

image.png

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 12:02 PM, Willdass said:

Hi,

This may already have been answered, but could not find it in my searches but:

Just started experimenting with my own dedicated server with SRS and I have got the DCS server and SRS server working, but I'm not able to get the auto connect feature to work.

I have copied the "DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua" into my Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Hooks and verified that my public Ipv4 address is entered. But still, when I or my friends connect to my DCS Server we won't auto connect to the SRS server, we have to manually enter the IP in SRS and connect.

nullAny suggestions?

image.png

I have found that, for whatever reason, my file needs to be in the installation scripts/hooks folder to work...I actually just came here to figure out why. Anyone else have issues with autoconnect?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to have auto connect, without having DCS out of focus? then have to remove VR headset, click ok, put back VR headset.

I start SRS before DCS, and connects, but then when in game and when starting the multiplayer session I get a new menu , and that gets DCS out of focus.

Auto Connect prompt should be ON or OFF?

• 1 month later...

I've had a good look around but can't find the info I need. I want to setup the spectator radio's, I have the below done but nothing being picked up by SRS, ie if I go into spectator mode no radio appear with set freq's. I assume the syntax is wrong but how?

Thanks

null

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Quick question - why is the guard frequency not having the same sound effects as the VHF/UHF? Voices sound almost as clean as on discord voice, and it always comes across a bit weirdly. Am I missing some setting? Can anyone advise if I'm doing something wrong? Is it as designed? 

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I have watched several SRS videos and set all settings as recommended but every time I go into a multiplayer server my mic is hot without pressing the assigned ptt button. Spent hours watching and re watching multiple videos, checking each setting and still can't get it to work. Works fine on other sim platforms using live atc. In addition to the other Issues and bugs, my frustration with DCS is 99.5 of 100.  I there someone that can help me figure this out...please.

Reff. F18, X56 HOTAS

• 1 month later...

Hi all

This is probably an easy answer but just wanted to check.

I primarily use the Huey in MP(which has its own quirks in SRS in how it uses it) and have bound my triggers on my Warthog as the primary comms switches as per the real helo.

However if i use another plane the trigger obviously is used for shooting so I assume if i create a SRS profile for each of the modules i use with specific controls and switch between them this would allow me to use the Huey trigger as the PTT within SRS without causing an open mic etc?

Wookie

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 3600XT@4.4GHz+ || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max || MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z || 32GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 RAM@3200 || 32" Monitor || Win 10 Home || TM Warthog HOTAS || Logitech ProFlight Pedals || TrackHat Clip || Rift S

Modules: A-10C & A-10C II || KA-50 2 & 3 || FC3 || CA || UH-1H || AV-8B || L-39 || F-86F || F-5 II || Mi-8 || M-2000C || F/A-18 || SA-342 || Super Carrier || F-14A/B || AH-64D

Maps: Caucasus || NTTR || Persian Gulf || Marianas || Syria