DCS World update July 1, 2016

unknown

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed; this is a milestone towards the 2.5 merge. There are too many small changes to name them all, but overall it's fantastic to see where DCS is headed! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hopefully it gets pushed to stable this weekend!

+1

it's kinda hard for me to imagine such a small company as ED working on three fronts: 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5.

then, correct if I'm wrong: 1.5 = 2.0, except for the terrain engine. that's why 2.0 only runs with Nevada so far and they can't simply port Caucasus to 2.0. so when they work on under-the-hood features like sounds on 1.5, it also works for 2.0, correct?

meanwhile, 2.0 serves as test bed for Nevada and other theaters and new aircrafts.

what bugs me is the 2.5...

when the Caucasus T5 (or T4? I'm lost now) "conversion" is complete and also the Nevada, both ready for stable release, they'll simply skip the 2.0 and call it 2.5? instead of 2.0 final or something? which are basically the same thing but they decided to call 2.5 to avoid some kind of confusion?

I play DCS World on Steam, so I'm currently using the last stable release of 1.5.3. I simply can't, can't wait to put my hands on the NTTR _on Steam_, along with the Red Flag campaigns for both the F-15C and the A-10C. and I say again: can't wait!

I'm unsure about purchasing some upcoming modules like the F-5E and the Mirage 2000 because I'm more interested on other aircrafts such as the F/A-18, the F-14 and the Tucano. but the NTTR will be a day-0 purchase for me.

Edited by wedge_one

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

ED is not THAT small. The company is staffed by extremely smart and talented people, even engineers and doctors!

Around 50 people, IIRC, and only a small portion of those are writing code, so yes, it is a small group handling three different versions of the sim. How smart and talented they are, and I don't disagree, doesn't change the fact that they are doing three things at once.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I dunno I'm getting the opposite. 1.5.4 seems to have broken a lot of things. My A-10A and F-15C hud is oversized I can't even see the speed and altitude while the rest is fine. Old missions I saved won't load. The mod to view skins in the ME won't work. And they introduced that external view controlled by the trackir which isn't my cup of tea so yea a few things broken here and there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.5.4 is a good update IMO

Apart from the views / TIR issues, everything else saw improvement.

The first thing I noticed is the MP "extrapolation algorithm". Not only it reduces the apparent lag, but it seems that it's showing a lot more details in terms of small movements etc. It's not smooth as silk, because the other aircraft move a bit like in a stop-motion movie, but I hope this point will be improved. The good thing is now you can appreciate much much more the subtle yawing, rocking etc. of other aircraft in MP, and watching an aerobatic display or a Mig-21 landing seems a lot more natural.

It's generally more stable and maybe more FPS friendly, at least that's the feeling.

The viewpoint in the A-10C pit has FINALLY been corrected

Pilot body finally added in the F-86, now I hope the others won't be late to the party (A-10, F-15)

New Mig-29 A 3d model, bar a small visual bug on the front gear hydraulic lines, it's stunning

Added the very-much-needed-and-inexplicably-missing 3d view of the aircraft in the Mission Editor

I didn't notice anything about the sounds, can someone elaborate on what's new?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

it needs seperate installion ? well better i should wait stable release

Vast majority of the files will be transferred from your existing install. Actual download is about 2 GB.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I didn't notice anything about the sounds, can someone elaborate on what's new?

Turn off helmet sound and crank up your headphones. Especially in the FC3 aircraft, you'll notice way better sound from the environment.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Went back to 1.5.3

I had a few issues with 1.5.4 so I went back the 1.5.3 until they can get things fixed. Now I can "ok" out of the controller settings window with getting the never ending black screen and my TrackIR is now working again. The only thing is the Mirage will not track straight on takeoff.

But, ED will get it sorted out I am sure. Overall a wonderful simulator.

On another note, I live in Las Vegas and I am quite impressed with NTTR. Oh yes, I am a corporate pilot so I am seeing a lot of this from the air. What I am allowed to see that is.

Great job ED

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

• ED Team
I dunno I'm getting the opposite. 1.5.4 seems to have broken a lot of things. My A-10A and F-15C hud is oversized I can't even see the speed and altitude while the rest is fine. Old missions I saved won't load. The mod to view skins in the ME won't work. And they introduced that external view controlled by the trackir which isn't my cup of tea so yea a few things broken here and there.

Have you opened bug posts for each of these issues, ir looked to see if anyone else has?

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

From what I've seen, not many people seem to realize just how great 1.5.4 is.

The problem is most of the changes are under the hood and hard to notice. Easiest way to see how much it's improved is to play a few hours on the beta and then switch back to 1.5.3... chances are it won't take long to go back.

Summary:

1. New sounds. In the cockpit, it no longer sounds like the engine is being shoved into your ear. There's wind noise (which changes with AoA!), ground roll, buffeting, etc. The wind noise really gives the impression you're moving through a substance, rather than magically floating around.

2. Overall stability. I've had many cases where I'm doing a long flight in 1.5.3 only to have it cut short by a game freeze or crash. Worst feeling in the world. I'm not saying 1.5.4 never crashes. But you'll find a massive decrease in the number of crashes/freezes while flying.

3. Servers no longer accept inaccurate position/velocity data for aircraft. Instead, it uses the last known position/velocity and holds the aircraft there until good data is received. This is HUGE. Instead of warping 20 miles back and fourth during lag, planes will continue in a straight line until the lag ceases, after which they will move to the correct position (usually not too far away). This means you don't have to worry about parking too close to somebody while rearming/refueling. You'll never lose the lead aircraft during lag. The tanker will never freak out and kill everyone trying to refuel.

Am I exaggerating how good this update is? Am I late to the party?

What? No warping caused by lag?? This must be heaven, any info about when it will be implemented in 2.0? Or bigger question: any info abput when 2.0 and 1.5 will be finally merged? I was not active for quite some time :(

This could be a bug translating from VR. You see real HUDs are designed to be looked through with both eyes, so a part of the HUD is visible only to the left eye and part of it to the right eye. Only the center is visible to both eyes. Naturally in 2D the view is sort of in between both eyes. Perhaps the HUD has been skaled to show as intended in VR, and that has broken the 2D view on normal screens...

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

Edited by MikeMikeJuliet
typos...

DCS Finland | SF squadron

From what I've seen, not many people seem to realize just how great 1.5.4 is.

The problem is most of the changes are under the hood and hard to notice. Easiest way to see how much it's improved is to play a few hours on the beta and then switch back to 1.5.3... chances are it won't take long to go back.

Summary:

1. New sounds. In the cockpit, it no longer sounds like the engine is being shoved into your ear. There's wind noise (which changes with AoA!), ground roll, buffeting, etc. The wind noise really gives the impression you're moving through a substance, rather than magically floating around.

2. Overall stability. I've had many cases where I'm doing a long flight in 1.5.3 only to have it cut short by a game freeze or crash. Worst feeling in the world. I'm not saying 1.5.4 never crashes. But you'll find a massive decrease in the number of crashes/freezes while flying.

3. Servers no longer accept inaccurate position/velocity data for aircraft. Instead, it uses the last known position/velocity and holds the aircraft there until good data is received. This is HUGE. Instead of warping 20 miles back and fourth during lag, planes will continue in a straight line until the lag ceases, after which they will move to the correct position (usually not too far away). This means you don't have to worry about parking too close to somebody while rearming/refueling. You'll never lose the lead aircraft during lag. The tanker will never freak out and kill everyone trying to refuel.

Am I exaggerating how good this update is? Am I late to the party?

Well, maybe because it is still beta and many of us are waiting for stable release. But I have to say. I love sound in games, so if they changed sounds as you say I am very happy :D Also, more improvment to Multiplayer the better. I hope that means less of jittering as well. I hated those moments when you are behind a 109, and he jumps into hyperspace on the orbit leaving a white trail behind him and then you find him behind you xD

Yay for 1.5.4 :3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Am I missed something here????? Cause you guys talking about a new update 1.5.4 and I'm still on 1.5.3.....etc !! Even when I try updating manually it says your DCS is up to data and keeps me in 1.5.3!! Appreciate it in advance for an answer

• ED Team
Am I missed something here????? Cause you guys talking about a new update 1.5.4 and I'm still on 1.5.3.....etc !! Even when I try updating manually it says your DCS is up to data and keeps me in 1.5.3!! Appreciate it in advance for an answer

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Latest stable version is 1.5.3.53279.80

Current openbeta is 1.5.4.54316.106 ( but not currently on steam due to a bug )

Current openalpha is 2.0.2.52658.72

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
is 1.5.4 out today?

if it is, watch for announcement here http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=105

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2