TrackIR Behavior with 1.5.4 Release

I think this is a TrackIR issue, check the TrackIR display, Mine does this, Which is why when IM in the A-10s I put camera below screen to get better downward tracking, and in fighters I put camera above monitor for better look up tracking.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? My trackIR is and has always been on top of my monitor and I've had zero issues until the latest update changed the functionality in game.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ED for fixing TrackIR in this latest release patch. All my TrackIR problems are gone and I'm no longer getting the "Head tracking disabled" message unless I look away from the screen for too long then I have to restart TrackIR and restart DCS. Is this the way it's supposed to work?

Edited by Winston 60

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

[ATTACH]144297[/ATTACH]

Per my previous post...I've attached a track file to show what i mean. When i look straight up and back, about half way through that movement it is as if the virtual pilots head goes "owl" and instantly has his head on backwards...which is disorienting when dog fighting. I've done this several times in the track, though we know how reliable tracks can be in DCS. :-) Any comments after viewing that might be helpful?

Guys,

I have a problem with the Gazelle and the latest patch: the TrackIR no longer works in it.

Works in the other aircrafts I have tried.

Moreover, choosing a different seat in the Huey, MI8, and Gazelle, brings me either outside of the aircraft, or breaks the cockpit and I am 5 meters back with an open model/broken.

Any easy solution for this?

Thanks!

Untitled.thumb.jpg.c2d89a36db01d20f7aa332fc8d8a3f00.jpg

Edited by AstroEma

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

Ive sat in many cockpits myself...

looking forward did not equal looking down at the Front panel.

(looking at 0,0,0/0,0,0 IRL does not equal looking at 0,0,0/-27,0,0 IRL.)

The tracking was correct, as it was true to head position at 0,0,0/0,0,0.

The issue is translation of the user to a small FoV screen space, made it a bit tedious,

Especially when users were used to using TIR as a head mounted mouse device and not a head tracking device.

And used to looking forward to to have the -27 vAngle.

If that makes sense.

It makes sense in VR, where we have 1:1 tracking and a higher vertical angle than a monitor + TIR. If Snoopy, someone that worked on the real A-10s says that the angle should be there, I'm much more inclined to listen to his reasons rather than the run of the mill 0->0 consistency thing.

TIR is not VR, no matter how hard ED wants to think it is. Changing the latter to imitate the former was wrong in the first place.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? My trackIR is and has always been on top of my monitor and I've had zero issues until the latest update changed the functionality in game.

[ATTACH]144297[/ATTACH]

Per my previous post...I've attached a track file to show what i mean. When i look straight up and back, about half way through that movement it is as if the virtual pilots head goes "owl" and instantly has his head on backwards...which is disorienting when dog fighting. I've done this several times in the track, though we know how reliable tracks can be in DCS. :-) Any comments after viewing that might be helpful?

What Im saying is close DCS and observe the TrackIR 1st person perspective Window..

My TrackIR does this all the time lately without warning outside of DCS, Look up and as I approach say + or - 90° the head tracking has a rotation to it. Depending on camera angle/position.

Just to verify its not a tracking issue itself causing abnormal translation in DXS.

The only thing on my end that had changed was the hat I was wearing with Track IR.

I went back to my old visor, and the problem went away, Im assuming thta the material or stitching was reflective enough to cause tracking issues, or the camera itself was having issues.

I will force abnormal angles more this weekend to see if I can replicate this behavior within DCS.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What Im saying is close DCS and observe the TrackIR 1st person perspective Window..

My TrackIR does this all the time lately without warning outside of DCS, Look up and as I approach say + or - 90° the head tracking has a rotation to it. Depending on camera angle/position.

Just to verify its not a tracking issue itself causing abnormal translation in DXS.

The only thing on my end that had changed was the hat I was wearing with Track IR.

I went back to my old visor, and the problem went away, Im assuming thta the material or stitching was reflective enough to cause tracking issues, or the camera itself was having issues.

I will force abnormal angles more this weekend to see if I can replicate this behavior within DCS.

It works just fine in the FP window of the trackIR software...none of the "rotation" that you seem to be talking about. Everything is flawless. Again, as many have said in this thread, the outlier (read "problem") is the new 1.5.4 settings, not my equipment, software, or anything else obvious.

It works just fine in the FP window of the trackIR software...none of the "rotation" that you seem to be talking about. Everything is flawless. Again, as many have said in this thread, the outlier (read "problem") is the new 1.5.4 settings, not my equipment, software, or anything else obvious.

Thanks will give your track some looks and see if I can re-produce on my own..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Thanks will give your track some looks and see if I can re-produce on my own..

Cool. Thanks for taking the time. Again, the new settings are fine with me in every other department but the pitch up/look up and back regime.

Guys,

I have a problem with the Gazelle and the latest patch: the TrackIR no longer works in it.

Moreover, choosing a different seat in the Huey, MI8, and Gazelle, brings me either outside of the aircraft, or breaks the cockpit and I am 5 meters back with an open model/broken.

Thanks!

Any help with this guy's? I'd appreciate some as i can't fly those helos. Tried reinstalling the Mi8 but made no difference.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

sounds like you have corrupted snapviews.

Skatezilla,

Here's a more helpful track than my previous one to give you an idea of the problem. You can see the canopy in this track for a good reference point. Again, at no point am I losing head tracking in the game or with the trackir5 camera (both green indicator lights stay on). Notice how, at the extreme limit of the pilot's view, the image flips a 180... the equivalent of a real pilot with his head on backwards. :-)

[ATTACH]144336[/ATTACH]

I've updated to the 15/07/2016 patch but i prefer the headtracking from the previous weeks version. Is there any way i can get the headtracking back to last week, any lua. file or similar i can copy from elsewhere?

Guys,

Thanks!

I to had a problem with TIR and the Gazelle, C101 and the Hawk, no movement at all this morning, all other modules were fine. I didn't have very much time to sit there and try to put all of them right, but what I did was delete my simple homemade training mission in the Gazelle and started a new one, started the mission and TIR was back to normal.

I will take a look at the others tomorrow morning.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

sounds like you have corrupted snapviews.

I tried a repair but did not make any difference.

Can anyone post a vanilla snapview.lua? Thank you!

I tried a repair but did not make any difference.

Can anyone post a vanilla snapview.lua? Thank you!

Try delete your SnapViews config file in C:\Users\YourUserName\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View

You will have the file there if you have created a custom view in the past.

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

Okay, solved the problem.

The problem was actually the server.lua file, not the snapview.lua.

All good. Thanks guys.

Hey, gents.

Anyone else have the problem of track ir view flipping 180 deg when looking (pitch) up or down to the limit in the cockpit? For example: you look far enough down in your lap, and the view suddenly (instead of stopping the view and correctly simulating a person's neck restriction) is from the instrument panel looking back. More importantly, when dogfighting and looking up as far as the neck and should seat allow in real life, the camera has the same behavior, and suddenly the pilot has his head on backwards.

It seems like there needs to be a view restriction with the new trackir settings that better simulates the actual human head and neck movement stopping points.

You don't have a light source behind you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hey, gents.

Anyone else have the problem of track ir view flipping 180 deg when looking (pitch) up or down to the limit in the cockpit? For example: you look far enough down in your lap, and the view suddenly (instead of stopping the view and correctly simulating a person's neck restriction) is from the instrument panel looking back. More importantly, when dogfighting and looking up as far as the neck and should seat allow in real life, the camera has the same behavior, and suddenly the pilot has his head on backwards.

It seems like there needs to be a view restriction with the new trackir settings that better simulates the actual human head and neck movement stopping points.

Hi Same problem here since 1.5.4 update 1.

1.5.4 gave a similar problem the camera seemed to move too far when looking up or down. But 1.5.4 ud1 camera moves too far then does a flip when looking up or down, left and right are fine.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Many Thanks S!

I'm glad that the old TrackIR performance is back in place. I did adjust TrackIR axis curves to take the limits all the way out the the horizontal (left & right) limits.

When I Pause TrackIR and when glancing around at the limits I see many many upper right messages about Head Tracking Disabled, or TrickIR Disconnected or whatever it says. These messages are false.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

It looks like Mig-21 uses old TIR in single player and new in multi - at least in multi DCS displays "tracking device disabled/enabled" message.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hey, gents.

Same here with me and with my friend that play with me online.

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

Hey, gents.

I had this too.

Interm solution seems to be to just revert the game trackir file back to 1.5.3:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2822725&postcount=134