1.5.4 Performance

Has anyone else noticed slight to significant drop in fps/performance with the new update? For example: Mirrors have always hurt fps, but now when I engage the mirrors... the drop is significantly greater. Also, I'm finding that when i look down into the F-15 cockpit, I get more shimmering/blinking effect than I did prior to the upgrade.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

I was finding the performance overall better, my grass and trees are now maxxed out.

The F-15 now has animated mirrors in the cockpit, i never use the mirrors anyway except in the mustang dogfights. But yeah the mirrors always kill the fps for me too (not unplayable but my rig just isn't strong enough to play at high to medium settings at 1440 and get a constantly smooth and high fps.)

Edited by Weedwacker

I have noticed a significant difference in FPS between 2.x and the latest 1.5.4 release while using VR. It actually feels uncomfortable like this. 1.5.4 and 2.x settings are identical. I tried pixel density 1.0 and 1.5 in 1.5.4 (beta). 1.0 was slightly better, but generally with both settings FPS are very low and there is noticeable choppiness. 2.x is smooth sailing as long as you stay away from the strip.

Don´t know what it was like before with previous versions in VR, but in my experience 1.5.x usually had better FPS than 2.x with identical settings.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

what modules have you been flying since the latest update?

I (one of the people with significant performance drop due to low GPU usage) have mostly tested it with helo flights, specifically Gazelle and Mi-8, but also mirage flights.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

I have not noticed any performance drop in 1.54, flying the KA-50. Now I have noticed in 1.5 from early on, some missions the GPU is not utilized very well, resulting in low fps. For instance in 1.5, the attack convoy single mission for the KA-50 starts out with barely 30% GPU usage and fps of around 30. Some other missions I will get 80-90% GPU usage and framerates well over 100 fps. It varies a lot in 1.5, whereas 2.0 is much more consistent.

Probably related to the textures not being completely converted in 1.5 yet for Edge.

But this has been fairly consistent for me throughout Open Beta testing and the newer Stable Release of 1.5.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team
Regenerating option.lua in save games/dcs/config bring my fps back

good advice

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It resets all your options back to the default ones. There must have been some setting that your system didn't like.

It's probably a good move to reset the options.lua every time you update, so the system starts with basic settings. A PITA, but it may just squash a lot of issues before they rear their ugly heads.

It resets all your options back to the default ones. There must have been some setting that your system didn't like.

It's probably a good move to reset the options.lua every time you update, so the system starts with basic settings. A PITA, but it may just squash a lot of issues before they rear their ugly heads.

need to try that too as the latest 1.5.x-patch killed fps by about 1/3 or such....

and it's as easy as 123 to fix it too

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I tried deleting the options lua changed nothing my end, i will post a video later but my testing so far is this free flight mission huey which for some reason there are now 2 of them in the list.

Using the default options check boxes low, medium, high same mission and the fps is always 20 just doesn't add up, full screen lalt enter makes no difference.

Yet i get near to 200fps in menu how is this and black out screen on the lowest settings and all i could see was the labels of other aircraft an the sound of the huey.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

I was about to ask the same...

Yes guys just delete it DCS will regenerate a new one when you fire it back to default first install settings.

You are only deleting graphics options everything else you have saved will remain, although i tried this and see no difference right now its porked for me i just sit and pretend i am flying through the front end screen with moving clouds i get fps at 200.

System Spec.

What is the difference between deleting the file and remake the settings within the game?

Dell U2715H 27" IPS 2560x1440 / 60 Hz; Ryzen 7 7700x; 32gb DDR5 6400; B650M Aorus Pro; Water Cooler Arctic liquid freezer II 280

What is the difference between deleting the file and remake the settings within the game?

You may see a difference but i saw none tried it both ways still the same.

System Spec.

I have both the stable version and the Open Beta version installed. The stable version is installed on the C drive (SSD). The OB is installed on a HD. I disabled all mods on the stable version. The performance with the OB is twice what the stable version is. They should be identical. I've regenerated the Options.lua a few times without any improvement. The settings are identical.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I have both the stable version and the Open Beta version installed. The stable version is installed on the C drive (SSD). The OB is installed on a HD. I disabled all mods on the stable version. The performance with the OB is twice what the stable version is. They should be identical. I've regenerated the Options.lua a few times without any improvement. The settings are identical.

i have done exactly the same as you have and i get 30fps while in OB i get over 80fps using high settings.

i cant even use rift in the stable version where i can in OB. i hope they fix this soon..

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Very similar to me......in one mission I get about 30 fps sitting on the ramp in the stable version and just over 60 fps in the OB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

I have a few framerate test missions and confirm that I have also lost about 30% framerate in 1.5.4. I am using the open beta executable. I tried deleting the options.lua file but that did not make much difference. I also tried reverting from starway's textures to the originals. I have a 980ti hybrid and 6700k OC setup. Disappointed, as I was thrilled with my performance before. Now I routinely fall below 60fps whereas this was almost never the case before.