slow key/button assignment 1.5.4

Hello,

Since version 1.5.4 the key/button/axis assignment interface has been updated (similar to the 2.0 alpha I think).

Now I am having issues when trying to assign new keys/buttons (or redo a whole profile).

The thing is when I try to press the key or the trigger on my stick to assign the key, it is not recorded immediately. I have to press it several times (sometimes 20 or so) until it is recorded so I can go to the next one.

I have checked my keyboard and Hotas (X52 pro) and they both work fine, including in flight. The issue only happens in the key assignment interface.

I am not sure if my bug report is actually clear enough but any comment or help is welcome.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here! Though, it's 4~5 times for me, not 20. :)

The controller page is really too lazy.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

So it's a bug... I thought I had faulty switches in my cockpit

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

I waited the latest update to see if things would improve. But I still had the same issue when trying to configure my inputs for the F-5E (which is just marvelous, for the records).

So I found a way to make things easier, here is the procedure:

1. assign only one input (or a couple as you prefer)

2. save your profile

3. exit DCS

4. run DCS right away (no pc reboot)

5. go to the controls menu and things should go easier

The above procedure did work for me for the F-5E and the Hawk.

I hope this may help some of you, best regards.

I tried it and it does not help much, not to mention re-launching the game a few times to assign control hardly makes it more convenient. I also found that turning off the VR option helps a little, but it's still a PITA.

Having the same issue with the Warthog for both buttons and axis. It also occurs for axis with my MFG Crosswind v2 (latest firmware) pedals. If memory serves me right this started with one of the latest 1.5.3 updates but if anything it has gotten worse in 1.5.4. And yes - sometimes it can take more than 10-15 attempts for the input to be registred.

Modules I have had the problem in so far (haven't tried all yet):

F-5E

M-2000C

Gazelle

C-101

MiG 21bis

MiG 15bis

Uh-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Today, I couldn't assign right and left toe brakes of my Saitek rudder pedal for F-15C.

I moved (press and depress) pedals for a few minutes, but DCS didn't see them. I had to enter manually them.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 4 months later...

Having this problem in latest 1.5.5 with |TM Warthog!:mad:

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Last time I checked (while assigning controls to my new Spitfire), it was bugged for me too in the latest 1.5.5. First, I was afraid there's something wrong with my joystick!

However, it seems that when I pause my mission and go to the controls settings from there (as opposed to doing this from main menu screen), everything works as it should. Can someone confirm this?

• 1 month later...

I'm having this for months now, but I never bothered to do a bug report. I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's really a pain in the plot to assign some buttons at the moment as this hasn't been fixed yet fluttershysad.png

Should be #1 priority IMHO pinkie-approved.png

I'll try doing that from within a mission, I think I had better luck there as well, so the issue could be related to the general options menu aj-hm.png

Edit: Yes, I had no problems mapping buttons from within a mission twilightsmile.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

I've encountered this problem numerous times too.

Pretty sure, that I initially had the problem when I was already in-plane, and went to adjust controls trough the 'pause' menu. But then the other week, I had the problem when not being in-plane, and had to be in-plane to actually get the game to recognize the mappings.

So for a while now, I havent had the problem when I map when being in-plane / pause menu.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

• 2 weeks later...

I have trouble assigning my x55. Recently purchased the Mig 21 and noticed that in the middle of a mission, if I try and assign/re assign buttons, no assignment is possible. Also when quitting out of the key assignment window I get a game CTD?

Only just started happening with the Mig 21?

Edit. Happening in 1.5.6.

Edited by Accipiter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky