From the Facebook: A-50

wedge_one

I'm impressed there's not a single mention about this image on the forums, no speculations and discussions about it. I myself only noticed this image yesterday. So let's fix this:

13600289_10157185125575341_4915823325958669713_n.png?oh=b885af04f56322fbdf21e9c257890924&oe=582CBFD1

Link to the original facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/photos/a.10152597072140341.966057.441639040340/10157185125575341/?type=3

This is also the same image used on the last Community Update.

DCS World 2.5 Caucasus theater featuring an A-50.

Thoughts?

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

New grass. Still WIP, like the new clouds. I suspect they'll both make an appearance in 2.5, along with what looks like new lighting and model shaders. Very pretty indeed.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I didn't realise ED were upgrading the shaders/lighting.. wow, looks amazing!

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed looks awesome.

C'mon 2.5!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team

In the coming weeks, I hope to release some new screen shots and details. I think many of you will understand why 2.5 has been taking longer than expected. It will be worth it.

Edited by Wags

:thumbup:

Now that's the way to build anticipation!

Looking forward to it!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

In the coming weeks, I think many of you will understand why 2.5 has been taking longer than expected. It will be worth it.

2.5 in two weeks!

DCS memes aside

well, basically because 2.5 isn't just a graphical upgrade for Caucasus but almost a new game, with new features not even yet available for 2.0 and NTTR. and also because you guys are working on too many things at the same time.

what will "eat" every single DCS pilot is this "coming weeks", of what we are getting. an announcement? standalone alpha? update for 2.0?

on the speculation side of things, this pic for me means WAR: maybe a dynamic campaign, or just a whole new comm system for AWACS and ATC...

good times ahead!

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

In the coming weeks, I think many of you will understand why 2.5 has been taking longer than expected. It will be worth it.

Matt, can you please make a livestream showing DCS 2.5? specifically showing new effects like over wing vapor, new clouds, terrain, etc.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link or

Here:

Edited by NineLine
  • Like 3

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

:megalol::megalol:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think/hope that most of us know what a huge undertaking it is and what an incredible job you guys at ED do. :thumbup:

I for one am looking forward to having just one DCS again. If it comes with unexpected additional features that's even the better!

Edited by funkyfranky

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Really eager to learn to what extent the Caucasus map has been reworked... not to mention the new effects and maybe even ATC.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Since Wags made the first video of F-5E II Tiger about take-off, landing etc, I have been waiting to get more info about Caucasus map. I don't care so much for the new modules as the new terrain.

What I am looking up to, is just get a new refreshed height-map for DCS, as now the terrain is little too flat. So no cover, no masking etc. And it is just so serious for the helicopters and ground units as you can't hide and get some cover and concealment.

Even a nice higher resolution terrain height map for area that would offer more dents, and very small hills and such, so that ground units would not be able see 20km distance and shoot straight etc.

That if performance hit would be too high by adding random terrain elements (trees, bushes etc).

But anyways, terrain improved and updated is my #1 waiting feature :music_whistling:

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Really eager to learn to what extent the Caucasus map has been reworked... not to mention the new effects and maybe even ATC.

I have been thinking, would it be too much to get the animated ground crew to appear when aircraft is parked correctly on the parking slot? The crew would be positioned to aircraft position, instead the terrain, so if your aircraft is parked in the 20x20m area correctly turned etc but just 15 degree wrong heading, the crew would appear 15 degree as well and be animated to move around aircraft that way, inside that 20x20m area?

Sure one day 10-20 years forward we might see animation how crew drives from the hangars, park near and then roll weapons and such as well etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Exciting times, have been looking forward to this for several months now. It sounds like we are in for even more of a treat than initially thought.

My new 1080 vid card will be here Thursday, so bring it on!

Don B

Man I Love this Place:megalol::D:beer::cheer3nc::clap:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Yeee, so no more than 4-5 weeks of waiting, otherwise it would be "in the coming months" :lol:

Being serious the lighting on the screenshoot looks just great, more like a new generation of DCS rather than just an update.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Yeee, so no more than 4-5 weeks of waiting, otherwise it would be "in the coming months" :lol:

That's exactly what I thought!:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]