A10C - Georgia Spring Easy, RTB where ?!

shakamaca

So I beat the mission and the narrator voice tells me I can just quit or I can RTB.

So I want to RTB to feel I have safely returned from my mission.

But the problem is I have no idea where I should return to.

Tried checking the mission planner in the beginning of the mission. But there was no mission planner. Tried looking around in the CDU if there is anything there. Tried calling out to my wingman to RTB and follow him (this kind of worked and he took me to an airfield I forgot the name of).

But how can I myself findout which airfield I should return to ?

And once there, how do I taxi to parking area ?

My wingman seemed to know exactly where to go. And he went out on some small taxiways without any signs and into a bunker and locked the door behind him. Leaving me out in the cold wondering where to go next.

A lot of airfields seem to have no signs or anything indicating where to taxi.

I usually go for the big buildings but that seems to take me to civilian airport.

Once I am pretty sure I managed to taxi out from the airport area.

Am I supposed to have a printout of a map next to me or just know these things ?

What am I missing ? :huh::helpsmilie:

A revamped ATC is in the works. Right now, once you land it's up to you to decide where to taxi.

Regarding the instant action missions, you can RTB wherever you want. The CDU DIVERT subpages lists the closest airfields, select one and a WP will be added on its position.

A revamped ATC is in the works. Right now, once you land it's up to you to decide where to taxi.

Regarding the instant action missions, you can RTB wherever you want. The CDU DIVERT subpages lists the closest airfields, select one and a WP will be added on its position.

Yup, I used DIVERT to go to the nearest.

But it felt wrong to just.. land anywhere.

Was hoping there would be more like a "this here, here.. land here! because this is your base. Not there!".

I think Tbilisi was the nearest one so that is where I went on my own.

My wingman landed on another field nearby and found bunkers to hide in.

So then it is the way it should be.

I hope the revamped ATC will bring a bit more sense to this :)

It comes down to the mission's creator to decide whether you have a defined home base or not. The quick action missions are there just to let you quickly shoot some stuff, but most missions and campaigns are much more structured.

You can ask your wingman RTB first, then you just follow him.:lol:

13700k @5.6GHz | 32GB DDR4 4000MHz CL14 | ASUS Z690 TUF  | GIGABYTE RTX4090 Gaming OC | Samsung 970PRO 512G + 980PRO 2T

GIGABYTE M32U | HP Reverb G2

Warthog HOTAS | TPR | JetSeat | TrackIR5

Windows 11

Then I will accept that in this mission it is OK to go to any airport (particularly at wpt. 7 & 8) :)

In a way since it has the narrator voice over I guess it is pretty much just an extended training mission and I shouldn't expect too much.

But it is the first real mission I flew and beat so far.

I hope there will be many more ! :pilotfly:

Use guns for first targets. at 2nd target, find all the soldiers and put bomb right between them then use guns for trucks. For bridge, go HIGH to avoid ZSU and use LGB on bridge. For tanks, use Mav for SAM then guns on tanks. For convoy, use Mavs to stop and finish with guns. USE WINGMAN as much as possible. Better he runs out of ammo before you do.

• Like 1

You can ask your wingman RTB first, then you just follow him.:lol:

Haha, I actually did that the first time I flew that mission!

As for the weapons, I do the following:

- Trucks at WP1: Guns

- Infantry and Trucks at WP2: Rockets and Guns

- Bridge at WP3: GBU-38 from 15,000ft, ignoring the AAA

- Tanks at WP4:

Kill the Strela with my second GBU-38, it can't reach you at 15,000ft

Kill the Shilka with a GBU-12

Kill one tank with a GBU-12

Ask Wingman to kill the tanks with guided bombs (he usually kills 2)

- Convoy at WP5: Either contact the JTAC to get them, or (actually most of the time) spot them myself. Attack with Mavericks, get the shilka first.

- let the wingman mop up the rest with Mavericks.

Really an easy mission, but fun for training, and IMO nice to keep some of your weapons skills up to date.