CFT model for F-15

Tatti

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tatti, i think you need remake your model because it is really FPS "killer". 3 fuel tanks decrease FPS from 70 to 30.

Hi there,

I don't have any simmilar FPS problems with CFTs. FPS remained same with new tanks and old (default) ones...

I made a FPS comparison (same mission) with Flyable f-15 loaded with 3 CFTs. first run had default tanks and second had CFTs with equal FPS...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Tatti... the shadow now does work on it (I have ATI X1950XTX by the way) but I did notice one thing:

Last night I tried to see if I can see any noticeable frame rate drop with the new fuel tank so I loaded up a quick mission with 4x F-15C's loaded with AIM-120's AIM-7's AIM-9's and 3x of your updated FuelTanks... the frame rate was just fine for me... BUT...

when looked a bit closer to my wingmen I notice the shadow did not appear on their fuel tanks??? If I check external view of any aircraft, i can see shadows for the fuel tanks on that particular aircraft, the one next to it won't have it... and 3rd 4th etc furter away have funny looking texture, which is something like different shades of grey... light in the middle, then darker on the front and rear of the fuel tank???

Is this normal???

No longer active in DCS...

The self shadowing is propably for the active object only I guess, although I do not know it for sure, because I have turned it off. If you are not using self shadowing and are not experiencing any problems with the old version then keep the old one. I've get an Nvidia Geforce7800GT and it's running fine with the previous version of the model ( self shadowing turned off ). Furthermore I didn't notice any kind of FPS drop - running at 30 fps smoothly. This obviously changes when there are 12+ planes simultaneously next to each other on the screen. But this happens to me without the fuel tanks, anyway. I also haven't heared any complains before considering FPS so I won't remodel the tanks. Next project will be to remodel a flyable - but since I haven't much time on my hands right now, this will take time. The latest solution of the fuel tank seems to work fine for ATI users, who got self-shadowing turned on. Please report if you experience something different.

regards,

Tatti

sigfinal.gif

Hey tatti could u help me push the tank a little forward, for some reason after i installed the new F-15 model by walmis, the tank seems to be sitting farher back than usual.

ScreenShot_010Medium.jpg

I'm running on your first release not the fixed version since that gave me the images show above by other members where the texture looks a bit weird, but the old one seems fine so i kept that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will make a corrected Version for Walmis' F-15 at the weekend.

regards,

Tatti

And while you're at it, set specularity/glossines to around 40/50. Because your tank is too matte. (looks like paper ;))

Edit: Fixed the tank position issue on my side. But it would be nice to have some specularity on the tank anyways. :)

Shadow problem (ATIX1900XT):( :

screenshot002kf7.th.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

As I already stated when announcing the shadow fix you should ONLY download and install the special fixed version IF you have shadow problems with the normal, previous version of the model.

Walmis, thanks for fixing the positioning issue on your side - that made another two versions of the model unnecessary. More Versions would have added to the confusion. I will add some specularity to the model at the weekend. Keep up the great work.

regards,

Tatti

sigfinal.gif