CFT model for F-15

Tatti

For me it looks this way in ModelViewer, but in game looks just as it should :)

Great work Tatti.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now i've noticed it too, same glitch as Walmis gets, but i see it in the loadout screen :huh: the left face of the droptank looks glitched, but the right face looks fine, ingame its totally fine though! (this is with the newest CFT_TattiV11-shdwfix.zip i need this one for my X800XT)

ScreenShot_081.jpg

ScreenShot_079.jpg

Hmmm.. I really have no idea what might cause this problem and unfortunately I am unable to recreate it on my side. But I guess if it is only appearing in the loadout screen and not ingame, it's not that big of a problem. I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me a hint on this one, though.

regards,

Tatti

sigfinal.gif

Tatti,

It seems to have something to do with the shadows options. I don't have the bandwidth to post pictures, but if you turn shadows OFF you may see the issue. I think both the model viewer and the loadout screen have no shadows on.

OK, I've run more tests and the issue is with shadows OFF or shadows PLANAR (active and all). With shadows FULL it's fine.

For the record my computer is P4 3.05 with XPSP2, 1MB 2700 RAM, 9800Pro with 6.10 catalysts.

Hi everybody!

Tatti, I have a problem with the position of the underfuselage tank, when using the file with improved specularity.

I have a ATI X800XT, so I initially used the "fixed" version of the tank mod, due to the shadow issues. Everything worked fine. Shadows and tank position are as they should be (First screenshot)

With the new file (CFT_TattiV11-shdwfix.zip) the shadows still work and the improved specularity is also obvious. The position of the fuel tank however is too far back again (Second screenshot), like how it was when Walmis new F-15 model came out.

Would be awesome if one of you guys could fix it!

2107754205_RegularFixedVersion.thumb.jpg.eeb2d3e56bafd2e2551ad32250fb31af.jpg

446625714_ImprovedSpecularityVersion.thumb.jpg.98c960630a266baf85163cfbe717eb6f.jpg

Hi there,

I'll try to recreate and fix that problem as soon as I have some time on my hands, Matze81. Thanks for informing me.

to Walmis: I'll send you a pm with a download link of the .max file asap.

to PFMM: Thanks for trying to fix the shadow issue. At the moment I think the problem occurs, when using a specific graphics driver / graphics card combination.

regards,

Tatti

sigfinal.gif

Guest Hell Sqn Protos

Thanks for the skin Walmis. I love Tattis model but I too like a newer look.

I see that everyone has their tnaks properly aligned. Has a fix for position come out and I am missing it???

I still have the tank too far back on its mounting rail.

Hi!

I see that everyone has their tnaks properly aligned. Has a fix for position come out and I am missing it???

I still have the tank too far back on its mounting rail.

If you use an ATI graphic card, then my post on page 9 of this thread should help you a bit.

Bottom line is, that I have the same problem using Tattis new release of the model with the improved specularity. With the previous fixed version everything was/is working fine.

Tatti replied he was gonna look into the problem.

But like I said, check my post if you have an ATI card.

Guest Hell Sqn Protos

S~!

Roger Matze,

I looked through the thread and tried the following link which worked perfectly for my ATI X1800xt on 6.6 drivers and the latest edition of Walmis' F15.

http://tattinet.ath.cx/lomac/mods/F15-ConformalFuelTanks.zip

I tell you that my 15 is getting to look amazing. Wow, all these mods are super impressive and should be added to BS.

That's a great skin Merlin. I didn't have the time to create a nice one myself, but hell, that is exactly the kind of thing we have this great community (including amazing texture artists) for ;)

I really need to look into those shadow problems, though and I've got to send Walmis the model. Maybe next weekend I'll take the time to get this done.

so long,

Tatti

sigfinal.gif

for those are are having problem, if the old model worked for you guys, why not revert back to it? Because i don't think the 3d model changed in any way, so its just the texture that changed. So install the old one and download the new texture and extract it and copy it over to the bazar/temptexture folder. Its a temporary solution until this thing gets an update. I think this would work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys.

You're right SuperKungFu. That's actually what I did, after I noticed that the tanks are not in the right position. I went back using the old file without specularity.

I'm sure Tatti finds a fix for the problem, as soon as he has some time on his hands.

His model looks awesome either way.

And concerning the skin, I really liked the weathered look of the original texture, but now with Merlins "tuning" it's even sweeter!! :thumbup:

Thanks Merlin!