X52 sliders not working correctly in DCS

I just started back to DCS after a couple of months not flying. I thought I had lost my marbles when I could not keep any of the choppers on any kind of even plain while flying some of the time. One time I would fly and all would be great, the next time I would fly and the craft would be unmanageable. I finally got fed up with the issue and when I investigated, I found that my axis commands aren't acting as they should. It seems that in the controls editor, when I assign my throttle to either of the slider knobs on the X52 HOTAS, and rotate it to adjust the in game command, it does not go to the fullest extent of the required range. It sometimes only goes 2/3 of the way, and if I rotate it again, it may go only half way, and the next time I rotate, it will go all of the way. It's very inconsistent. It does this in both directions. If I just move the slider back and forth, every time it goes back and forth, it goes to a different degree no matter if I max it out or not.

I have reinstalled the driver, I've deleted my DCS saved profiles and reset new ones, done a DCS repair, yet nothing fixes this issue. I tried the same thing in Xplane and the problem does not exist there. Nor does it show up in the Saitek software.

This problem has never presented itself before. That I know of anyway. AHhhhhhh!!! Maybe it actually has!!!! Perhaps this is why I have complained so much about the P-51 not getting to 20,000 feet without major issues, and possibly why I have experienced underperformance in many AC. HOLY FRIGGIN COW!!!! If I can fix this....It may cure all of my DCS woes!!!

Has anyone had this issue with the X52 and DCS before??

Any ideas??

Download this file and run it from your desktop. Don't run DCS World. This reads from the DX inputs. If the problem exists in this visual aid then it's a problem that exists outside of DCS World.

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/misc-24/dx-tweak-2-v4-30-229-1506.html?action=download&

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I appreciate the link. I downloaded it but it wouldn't really run. Just kept telling me that it stopped working whenever I tried to use it. I believe this is because it's around 12 years old and I'm running Windows 10, 64bit. But it prompted me to go look for another separate calibration tool. So it was helpful.

Something very strange about all of this though and it may just be the latest version of DCS that's the cause of this. I see posts where people are having issue with assigning keys and bindings. I too am having a bit of that issue. And when I try to set parameters for my axis commands, that's when the issue of the sliders comes into play. However, when I go in game and do a visual of when I'm using my sliders in practical application in the AC, all of the assigned controls move freely and go exactly as they're suppose to. But when I go back to the settings page, they're still binding up. So now I am in the process of figuring out what's really going on. Again, I do not have this issue in any other sim that I fly.

It's a real puzzle to me.

Yeah, you're not the only one having trouble with this. One of our guys can't use the trim and the key bindings won't allow the trim to work either. He's tried a bunch of workarounds to try to force it to work but hasn't had any success. I think we're just going to wait for a patch and hopefully that will be soon.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zimmerdylan

It doesn't just affect the slider and rotaries, but also all the other axes to a lesser extent, at least within the tune panel, but I don't know how it affects everything within the game.

I've also lost the ability to assign the pinkie

Edited by Holbeach
Grammar.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A patch must have fixed this problem, as it's all rock solid now and I've got my pinkie back.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..