Vikhr shooting problem

Avarax

I search problem i dont know if do somthing wrong or i dont know where is problem.

Look on video down. Heli is stabilisation from 2800m to 3000m. 4 missils from left heli miss his targer i dont know where is problem. But 100% right missil hit target. In video you can see only second monitor.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNj_XeQZhhg[/ame]

Edited by Avarax

If you look in the manual about laser rangefinding or targeting (if people are determined not to help you out), it will tell you. It's a while since I flew the Ka-50 on ops, so I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think the laser indicator in the IT-23 starts flashing when the laser is cooling.

There may be an override for those dire situations where you must get a shot off - but as I say, it's been a while, so I can't remember.

It's only been a couple of hours, though - you'll probably get a non-cocky reply in a while :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

If you look in the manual about laser rangefinding or targeting (if people are determined not to help you out), it will tell you. It's a while since I flew the Ka-50 on ops, so I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think the laser indicator in the IT-23 starts flashing when the laser is cooling.

There may be an override for those dire situations where you must get a shot off - but as I say, it's been a while, so I can't remember.

It's only been a couple of hours, though - you'll probably get a non-cocky reply in a while :)

I look on manual IT-23 but nothing from overheat same from all manual only what i search is oil overheat nothing more.

But if real laser is overheat but why only left missil mis right steal hit i fire misil after 5s and laser steal activ

there is a way to show the laser temp on the hud...ED wrote the script and just commented it out...when i get home at the end of my work day I can give you it in mod form if you wish

Also, its best to hit the laser reset button after your missile hit because it normally stays on for another 4 seconds after the missile hits. With or without the temp mod you should get in the habit of doing this.

Search "crazy shkval" for the post on this subject.

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

also worth noting...in your video, it looks like your missile never catches the beam. perhaps you should yaw the helo aiittle more before launch so the missile crosses between you and the target and finds the laser beam.

at work till 5pm est. But after that i can jump on ts.

and the laser reset is a different button then the targeting system reset. its on the dash under the HSI gauge. Page 6-20 of the blackshark manual. thats 6 dash 20, not 6 through 20.

Edited by Davis0079

do not range multiple targets multiple times without enough time to cool down, followed by a rain of Vikhrs :) That is a safe bet to burn the laser with less than 12 Vickies shot down range.

If burned, bang the nose on the ground when you land, so the Laser gets fixed. I am unsure if it is actually fixed upon repair if nothing else is damaged. Just smash the nose down or gear in landing etc... forced damage.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

This post concurs your discovery:

=====================

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168227

Possible solution, see Message #4:

======================

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=169628

There is a mod I use that has the laser temperature included on the hud. It was made by Devrim, but I do not see it still listed in the Users Files downloads.

This is the mod, but mine includes the laser temperature digital readout. I use it in 1.5 and 2.0 , still, using JSGME.

=======================================================================

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/607269/

Its related thread:

===========

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93618

Last night I played on the 104th's server, night time op, Red side. I was at WP2 I turn the laser off after firing, missile hits, turn it off. Fired all my Vikhrs and hit all my targets. I am fine on 1st sortie out and took on no damage. I went back to rearm and get gas at the FARP just a few kilometers away between WP2 and WP1. I returned to WP2 where I was previously, all setup in position to kill tanks and stuff and I got ready to lock the target up, it does not lock but targeting cursor rectangular white box just drifts away.

Please tell me wtf is going on?

I used to go out and back 5 times with the same copter. Something has changed in game.

So, I will try a repair when I go get gas and ammo on consecutive repeat outings. That or just grab another copter from the roster list.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now look on video from me is not 100% problem from overheat on target.

Next pleas control picture 1 if i corectli edit file.

In video you cant see circle where is target i thing i do this becos i dont delet one ]. Next this problem creat new version old version is evrithing fine.

I have windows 10 new instalation. I have version where i record video 1.5.4.54596.121

Now downloading new version and test what hepend but is suks if 12 hit target 6 .

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOXAhWKN7-w&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

1.jpg.ba496ef65f56652fa3e13f9d22303c56.jpg

I think crosswind condition may cause the failure of beam-riding.

It is difficult for Shkval to guide Vikhr in crosswind (maybe easier in head/tailwind).

*This is what I noticed in #1 post.

In your Shkval monitor, all smokes seemed to be swept from the left to the right. So you attacked targets under crosswind condition.

Whenever you use Vikhr of left wing (upwind), you turned the nose a little to the right (=to the downwind), and Vikhr failed to ride on the beam.

The laser switch must be a prominent switch on your Hotas, you must activate it when needed and no more.

It is an extremely hard discipline to adhere to and is a weak point in the Kamov... enjoy.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The laser switch must be a prominent switch on your Hotas, you must activate it when needed and no more.

It is an extremely hard discipline to adhere to and is a weak point in the Kamov... enjoy.

Good idea. What's your suggestion:

Just Laser Reset, Laser On/Off or both on HOTAS?

Switch it on and off is the best.

Do as less as possible Range cycles and always add 5 seconds of cooldown time after the timer has seen the 0 mark is the best to keep the Laser alive.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 1

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

I've done some testing about the laser and none of it supports that temperature is modeled in anyway except for the PAUSE indication at some point. This occurs around the indication of 350 with the hud mod.

No cooldown necessary.

Also don't wait for the countdown to reach 0, instead press the laser reset button after missile impact.

An interesting finding is that the number of activations of the laser hurts it as well as laser firing time.

All in all, the formula appears to be something like this:

You start with 1000 laser points. Every activation takes 3 points plus 1 point per second of firing time.

Will do more testing tomorrow

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]