Dynamic air and land traffic

ebabil

ı quite often make fun flights with any modules. I just open editor and place the unit that i want to fly with and fly. But i feel very lonely :D no sound, no visuals except a few civil cars going on the roads and emty fuel trucks on airfields.

It would be good if we had an editor template or a mission that has dynamic traffic in it.

For example, in every airfield, cargo and military planes and choppers land and take off contiously. and also some ground units from tow trucks to human units moving. and especially it would be better if we can set this traffic density by moving a slider up and down before fliying.

so we can hear lots of radio commands, see other traffic. and it creates way better fliying atmosphere instead of fliying on mars.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

There is a lot in your post that the mission editor already can perform, it just needs someone to put it all in there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Yes, so what ebabil is saying is that it would be nice to have some kind of AI package where you can select to have it or not, and how much.

Doesn't seem an unreasonable request to me - and has been requested many times in the last years. Other sims manage to have such packages, so it isn't impossible.

You could also enable civilian traffic - don't know if that is just ground or air, as I've never used it, or if it is added automatically or not.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

this is awesome

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Not too bothered about a dynamic traffic - but really, how hard is it to have a persistent battlefield, a set number of red vs blue plus reserves, and a pilot or 10 personality check?

I think DCS is missing something major on the base model (ps. I also thing DCS shoud cost so maybe $20 if you want it affordable).

Single player dynamic campaighn - ps, dynamic istn defined so a diminishing squad of A-10 pilots and aircraft is dynamic.

Comeon ED - either do it, or outsource it.

There are numerous dynamics....let it go.

20? When mainstream video games cost 60 on release? Your saying you think ED could/should afford to sell their high fidelity combat flight sims for LESS than the price of a game?!?!? If you think of each module as its own sim, you'll see why it makes perfect sense...

Besides they have frequent sales that drop the prices by a large amount...

Sorry for the rant, if you think their prices are high that's fine but I don't see how they could lower them much.

EDIT. Oops I see that you were actually saying that the base game SHOULD cost...

My apologies.... Take what I said as just my idea of why other people should complain so much about the current module prices lol.

Edited by The Black Swan

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

ı quite often make fun flights with any modules. I just open editor and place the unit that i want to fly with and fly. But i feel very lonely :D no sound, no visuals except a few civil cars going on the roads and emty fuel trucks on airfields.

It would be good if we had an editor template or a mission that has dynamic traffic in it.

For example, in every airfield, cargo and military planes and choppers land and take off contiously. and also some ground units from tow trucks to human units moving. and especially it would be better if we can set this traffic density by moving a slider up and down before fliying.

so we can hear lots of radio commands, see other traffic. and it creates way better fliying atmosphere instead of fliying on mars.

you can put your own AI planes, traffic etc in your editor. Save your mission and now you have only to switch your player aircraft. :D tadaaa.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Random traffic script in the mission builders section, I run the script in three different forms in my free flight mission. One time for red, two for blue. And I edited the script to only spawn civilian traffic, yak-40s and An-26s. Works really well for populating each side with amibiant air traffic at your desired airbases.

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

20? When mainstream video games cost 60 on release? Your saying you think ED could/should afford to sell their high fidelity combat flight sims for LESS than the price of a game?!?!? If you think of each module as its own sim, you'll see why it makes perfect sense...

Besides they have frequent sales that drop the prices by a large amount...

Sorry for the rant, if you think their prices are high that's fine but I don't see how they could lower them much.

Maybe he meant to say that, free base model of the sim should not be free?

Random traffic script in the mission builders section, I run the script in three different forms in my free flight mission. One time for red, two for blue. And I edited the script to only spawn civilian traffic, yak-40s and An-26s. Works really well for populating each side with amibiant air traffic at your desired airbases.

how crowded this traffic is? can you share your templates. i don't know how to use scripts.

Youtube

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2099112&postcount=101

heres a link to the scripts I changed, I get off work after 5pm est. I'll see what I can do about linking my free flight mission. It has random traffic and the GCI/INTERCEPT script so if you fly blue and cross into Russia or if you fly red and enter Georgia you will be intercepted by enemy aircraft. Along with SAM coverage, it makes the map feel alive.

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.