Is anyone remaking any of the old flybles models?

SuperKungFu

Just out of curiosity, is anyone remaking any of the old flyable such as the F-15, A-10, Su-25, MiG-29, and Su-33? (Except Strikemax and his beautiful Su-27). This thread is just to inform if anyone has taken on a project so one person won’t find out they wasted their time building a model that someone else is currently working on. Also, could someone check the Russian forum and see if they have any flyable models being worked on so neither side will conflict. Currently I’m trying to learn how to build my own aircraft model but I’m waiting if ED will release a plugin for 3dmax8 since it’s pretty senseless to buy an older 3dmax7 version just because the animation doesn’t work in 8.0. Oh and feel free to add any AI aircraft models being worked on, I saw over at http://www.lockon-models.com/ a Rafale model being worked on and a few others. Keep up the good work everyone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With all due respect to their excelent work, doing all those models will be a bit in vain because there are no FM, nor pits for them. Not even AI behaviour, unless they become transvestizied planes.

I wish we could add new planes, but we cant. We would be better off with the current list of fliables.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Pilotasso, there is something you looks like not understund.

If we do some original aircraft, if they are well mapped, if they are well animated, if they met the ED s requierements, it would be definitively easier for ED ton integrate them in the Game. Only FM to do, all the rest will be done by Thrid party.

And the IL2 series have worked this way for a long time with a quiet big succes.

Pilotasso, I understand your viewpoint, but why the heck are you so negative. Looks like you're trying to turn us away, telling us not to create anymore models because they're "useless."

Well look, Not all these models are to be FLYABLE. A wide majority want them to replace current AI or already flyable models. Current default models can range from extremely detailed to horrendous models that seemed to be ported from Flanker2. Most, like I, want to see new models to replace these AI craft, not to simply fly.

Wouldn't you want to see the F-14 on par with the Hornet's detail? We're doing what these tools ALLOW us to do now, replacing old models with new, and even adding new static objects that should add a new dimension to the game.

It's not all about it being Flyable, and even so, if you may have noticed, a large portion of the community really aren't phased by it, as they enable the "AI=flyable" option in their LOMAC config to be able to fly AI aircraft that were NOT designed to be flown.

Get that in your head, with all due respect, and no negativity.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

I'm currently working on a new F-15C model to replace the standard one. It should be possible without any problems to fly it because I'm replacing the outside model only. However I'm waiting for a 3dsMax8 Version of the plugin in order to animate the model, too.

sigfinal.gif

Pilotasso, I understand your viewpoint, but why the heck are you so negative. Looks like you're trying to turn us away, telling us not to create anymore models because they're "useless."

Well look, Not all these models are to be FLYABLE. A wide majority want them to replace current AI or already flyable models. Current default models can range from extremely detailed to horrendous models that seemed to be ported from Flanker2. Most, like I, want to see new models to replace these AI craft, not to simply fly.

Wouldn't you want to see the F-14 on par with the Hornet's detail? We're doing what these tools ALLOW us to do now, replacing old models with new, and even adding new static objects that should add a new dimension to the game.

It's not all about it being Flyable, and even so, if you may have noticed, a large portion of the community really aren't phased by it, as they enable the "AI=flyable" option in their LOMAC config to be able to fly AI aircraft that were NOT designed to be flown.

Get that in your head, with all due respect, and no negativity.

Its not a question of negativity. I apoligize if I given that impression but i did say "respectfully " before expressing my doubts, because thats what it is.

Pilotasso, there is something you looks like not understund.

If we do some original aircraft, if they are well mapped, if they are well animated, if they met the ED s requierements, it would be definitively easier for ED ton integrate them in the Game. Only FM to do, all the rest will be done by Thrid party.

And the IL2 series have worked this way for a long time with a quiet big succes.

IL2 has 200 fliables and LOMAC 8. Not quite a question of audiences but rather because its 100 times easier to model prop planes. Change some FM parameters here and there, throw in a pit with all the dials in different postions and all it remains to do is a new 3D cocoon to give the impression of a new aircraft.

Here you got FM, radar, and intrument modeling, each alone more complex than making a whole new prop plane from scratch. Naturaly ED has stated several times that they will not porsue any new aircraft in LOMAC and even the next 2 games will share many of the aircraft we now have. the new additions will be the F-16 and the MIg-29M/K, and Im talking about something still far ahead in the future. Much that I would like (I thought about a mirage 2000 if I could add planes) but truth is, its not realistic to think the mirage III or IV will ever be in the game, other than being tranvesti aircraft.

Thinking that what happened to IL2 will be made in comparable proportion with LOMAC is a fantasy, a good one but equaly unlikely.

I will aplaude and give credit to your work, but I dont belive the obstacles will ever be overcome, sadly.

Cheers.

My PC specs below:

I'm currently working on a new F-15C model to replace the standard one. It should be possible without any problems to fly it because I'm replacing the outside model only. However I'm waiting for a 3dsMax8 Version of the plugin in order to animate the model, too.

when you have it donne try using the max 7 demo. ED devs have stated they always used MAx 7 and no intention was expressed to ever upgrade fan tool for Max 8.

My PC specs below:

• ED Team

We have intention to make new plaugins for 3ds max 8, but I can’t say about due date.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

well then I stand corrected. :D

My PC specs below:

Very nice to hear that you took on the project :thumbup: . Judging by your previous work with the F-15's fuel tank, it looks like the F-15 model will be beautiful. lol but its funny how most people who wanted to rebuild the F-15 were all running on 3dmax8 so we're all in the same boat. I believe i heard Malignant was also planning to build one but stopped due to the 8.0. You might want to have a little chat with him and see if it could be a joint project or something. I believe he said he was an experienced molder, but judging by your work with the fuel tank, i say you are too. Thank god our beloved 2 fastmovers (F-15 and Su-27) are being worked on. Christmas comes early this year.

We have intention to make new plaugins for 3ds max 8, but I can’t say about due date.

Very nice looks like i won't have to uninstall my 3dmax8.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I seem to run into a problem when I try exchanging the fuel tank model of the F-15. The file including the model is located in Bazar\World\Shapes and named "F15-PTB.cmd". However I can only export models into .lom files. Is it possible to generate a cmd file based on a lom file or is it impossible to exchange .cmd files with new models? Or did I completeley miss something here?

Edit: Alright, nevermind - I solved the "problem". If anyone is interested: I Just put the .lom file into the shapes directory, named it accordingly "F15-PTB.lom" and it was replaced instantly.

sigfinal.gif

I seem to run into a problem when I try exchanging the fuel tank model of the F-15. The file including the model is located in Bazar\World\Shapes and named "F15-PTB.cmd". However I can only export models into .lom files. Is it possible to generate a cmd file based on a lom file or is it impossible to exchange .cmd files with new models? Or did I completeley miss something here?

Edit: Alright, nevermind - I solved the "problem". If anyone is interested: I Just put the .lom file into the shapes directory, named it accordingly "F15-PTB.lom" and it was replaced instantly.

Yes *.lom versus .*cmd is not a problem - both formats are used by the game.

If both a .lom and a .cmd version of a file are present, then the *.lom version will always be the one loaded by the game(i.e. not necessary to delete the old .cmd version) :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

SuperKungFu, I'll start modeling the F-15C tomorrow. I've been gathering reference for 2 hours today already

LOL wow, btw do you need any help on reference because i have a few F-15 layouts here and there and detailed shots. If you can't find something, tell me and I'll see if i have something that would help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dunno much about modeling but i do recall that people base it on a layout first. So here's a couple layouts of the F-15C/D model. Just extract those files, i used adobe photoshop to read it.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=25D9ACEF213EE55B

For hi-res pictures of F-15 you can probably find a couple on the USAF site http://www.af.mil/photos/index.asp?galleryID=2

Here's a couple of F-15E sites, although its not the F-15C, it will give you an idea of the body of the aircraft

http://www.f-15e.hu/

http://www.f-15estrikeeagle.com/

For closeups to certain angles, those walk-around sites are usually the best, for example http://www.primeportal.net/the_airstrip.htm

Just scroll down to the F-15 and check those pics out

You can find more pics at

http://www.airliners.net/

http://www.combatindex.com/index.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am specialy interested in this since the F-15 is the plane with the most exposure from inside the pit, and the wings look ugly from the seat. They look like razor sharped knives.

I would help if my litle fre time hadnt been taken up by flying online and my own litle 3D lomac experiment. :)

My PC specs below:

A thought just occured to me, is it possible to create a new afterburner affect? The one that came stock was a cone and a few mods out there made it fade out with the tecture. But is it possible to actually create an animated one so it actually looks like real fire exhaust and replace it with the stock cone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]