Input device TrackIr unplugged/plugged

Hi.

If I use an pause trackIR keybind to add WP on INS the message pops up too. DCS seems to be thinking that TrackIR is unplugged so it just resets that, i guess. Any way to prevent that from happening? (disableing the unplugged/pluged message on DCS)

Thank you.

Edited by neetz
typo

Im so happy that I found DCS, the free time i might have had - gone :suspect:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
neetz, I got around this by going into Device Manager, finding all of my USB Root Hubs and disabling the power management (Properties -> Power Management tab -> uncheck Allow the computer the turn off this device to save power).

I have had an issue with Track IR becoming disconnected in 1.5 for a while now. I cannot get it to re-connect except by restarting DCS. This is now happening in 2.1.1.9459 and is becoming very frustrating.

All my USB hubs have the power "controlled by computer" setting disabled - no noticable improvement.

I have a TrackIR 4 with TrackIR software version 5.4.2.27545.

I don't get this issue with any other game (IL2 BOS, Rise of Flight, Cliffs of Dover)

• 1 month later...
I have had an issue with Track IR becoming disconnected in 1.5 for a while now. I cannot get it to re-connect except by restarting DCS. This is now happening in 2.1.1.9459 and is becoming very frustrating.

All my USB hubs have the power "controlled by computer" setting disabled - no noticable improvement.

I have a TrackIR 4 with TrackIR software version 5.4.2.27545.

I don't get this issue with any other game (IL2 BOS, Rise of Flight, Cliffs of Dover)

Same problem here, as I've mentioned on the first page of this thread. Although that was over a year ago, I still get random unplugged messages from time to time where TrackIR stopps working in DCS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Same problem here, as I've mentioned on the first page of this thread. Although that was over a year ago, I still get random unplugged messages from time to time where TrackIR stopps working in DCS.

download USBDeview,

UN-install all used USB connected devices/driver per the listed

unplug and re-plug keyboard so you can restart windows

windows plug-and-play re-installs your USB connected after restart

this works for me

always use the same port for a specific device

- until the port assignments clog up again and repeat

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

still got 2 disconnections in 2.5 in a 5 minute flight. Would be great to get this solved as it always happens when you really don't need it (e.g. AAR).

Xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

• 2 weeks later...
The Message will appear when Tracking INput from the TrackIR Interface receives no data.

This can Happen When:

-TrackIR Software is Paused or Stopped/Closed.

-IR Pollution Causing Tracking Disruption (IR Light Sources Causing Distortions making points indistinguishable)

-Object Obstruction Causing Tracking Disruption (ie Hand over LED/Reflector, Out of camera range/focus etc).

-When USB Device is Removed then Re-Initialized within DCS (A separate issue by itself, but can trigger the aforementioned trackIR unplugged/plugged message).

i get trackir unplugging itself with none of these conditions. on both 2.5 and release. sorry.

download USBDeview,

this works for me

im on a freshly installed copy of windows and still having this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I just started having this same issue a couple of days ago and I don’t use trackir or freetrack or facetrack. It’s happening about every minute or so. Trackir Unplugged followed by trackir plugged. It will even happen with me just sitting on the ramp. Any fix for it?

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

download USBDeview,

this works for me

This program is the solution. I've used it for years - but, I use it as follows:

Select the USB port you want to prevent from disconnecting by W10 - Right click on it and select "Open in Regedit" - double click on highlighted selection - single click on "Device Parameters" - Look on the right side for REG_DWORD "EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled - Double click on it - Change the number from "1" to "0" (zero) - click OK. If it is already "0", then needless to say no changes are required on that one.

Rince and repeat.

Restart your PC and from then on the USB port will not go into sleep mode and disconnect.

By the way, my understanding of the reason that it goes into sleep mode is because W10 for some reason, does't detect it being used even though you are working your stick, throttle, rudder and trackIR.

Edited by Catseye

I have a bit different experience with this. I don't have any kind of headtracker and get this pretty often with a bit of stutter to it. I have so far found out that is because of my USB-headphones.

This message about plugged trackir and unplugged trackir is showing up, with a bit of stutter at the same time, every time I put the USB-charger cable into my headphones or if I turn them on or off. Also this happens randomly when I have the headphones on no matter if the USB-charging cable is plugged or not.

I'm using Windows 10

Headphones are from Corsair and a USB-Wireless type.

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

I think I got it. No warning messages for over an hour of flight time.

Device manager. show hidden devices. removed all grayed out devices.

usbdview. verified only devices currently connected show up.

searched for and deleted the headtracker dll file.

Uninstalled old installations of freetrack and FacetracknoIR.

removed all trackIR folders from DCS folders.

removed all references to trackir, freetrack, and ftnoir from registry.

ccleaned registry.

reboot.

problem solved.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem with Rift S.

i7 6700k / Gtx 1070 / 32GB DDR4 / SSD / Warthog / 2 MFD / Saitek Rudders / RiftCV1 / Rift S...

A10C / F5 / F14 / F16 / F18 / M2000 / HARRIER / FC3 / HUEY / GAZELLE / MI-8 / MI-24 / KA-50 / KIOWA / CB ARMS / SUPER CARRIER / PERSIAN GULF / NEVADA

Yes DCS seems to think I have unplugged TrackIR when I was unplugging a standard USB Storage stick-

That's about it, I used TrackIR and have it setup because I was experimenting with OpenTrack and Wiimote, it was kinda a good try but not really usable in practice, way too little FOV, I'll just get a proper TrackIR sometime.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 months later...
Yes DCS seems to think I have unplugged TrackIR when I was unplugging a standard USB Storage stick-

That's about it, I used TrackIR and have it setup because I was experimenting with OpenTrack and Wiimote, it was kinda a good try but not really usable in practice, way too little FOV, I'll just get a proper TrackIR sometime.

I do not have TRACKIR and keep getting plugged/unplugged messages, any way to trouble-shoot this? i don't have any tracking devices ... i have Oculus but haven't used it in about 2 years...i guess that has tracking, but back to TrackIR...why would that message keep befuddling my system like that?

• 2 months later...

I can recommend that too. It fixed this issue for me, after I suffered several years from it :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Start TrackIr before starting DCS. You should then see the 2 leds illuminate as you enter DCS.

You should not have to change anything in DCS in regards to TrackIr other then maybe zoom. All of your setup should be done in the TrackIr software.

You will need to scroll across in DCS options to see the TrackIr column.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Yes, the Track IR support is plug and play as long as one launches the Track IR software before launching DCS. In DCS, TrackRI is acting like a keyboard or a mouse: no need for a special TrackIR menu ingame.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.