F-22 Rulez!!!

Well, well, if that isn't a typical american thing to say.

Um, most A-10 pilots *are* American. What would you expect them to say? That the U.S. was fighting dirty and the Serbs were the good guys?

Uhhh, no comments my friend, no comments!

Again, that's was what was in the book YOU guys cited (A-10s over Kosovo). It's NOT my source - it's YOURS. They are not my words, nor my opinions. However, if you are going to use the book as a source, it's hypocritical of you to just take the stuff that supports YOUR argument then IGNORE the other stuff as political crap.

Jeez, you would think this was basic. What kind of logic is accepting the A-10s as destroying minimal Serb equipment based on this one source, yet ignoring the fact that the source cited many reasons for this including the use of civilians as human shields?

sigzk5.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasons or just fabricated excuses? So because they can't hit army protected by civilians they choose to hit pure civilian targets? Yeah... that seems ok.

The thing is they thought they did destroy alot of armour, but they didn't. Would be a shame if there was a land war and they started getting hit by unexisting tanks... hey, you could even call them stealth.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Guest IguanaKing

Well, I can tell you that it wasn't D-Scythe who brought Kosovo and politics into this thread. Any guess as to who that might have been? Can we all just get back to discussing things of a technical nature rather than our individual opinions of good versus evil?

Reasons or just fabricated excuses? So because they can't hit army protected by civilians they choose to hit pure civilian targets? Yeah... that seems ok.

Does it matter? It's an AMERICAN book. The fact is that if you accept a portion of a source (i.e. A-10 destroying minimal Serb ground forces), you cannot reject the rest of it (i.e. Serbs using human shields) and then use it as proof. An A-10 pilot account is obviously going to contain strong American views on the conflict, for crying out loud - what on earth did you expect?

What REALLY throws me is how you think you can get away with this nonsense. You guys point out that, in this book, it states that A-10s didn't destroy too much enemy material. We counter with the point that, according to the same book, it said that there were a variety of reasons for this, including the use of civilian shields. You guys then state that this is a load of crap. Like, what the hell are you guys smoking?

Find another source for crying out loud. Geez, sometimes I get the impression that some of you would do ANYTHING to bias information in your favour, even if it means losing your credibility once someone knowledgeable waltzes in and rains on your parade.

The thing is they thought they did destroy alot of armour, but they didn't. Would be a shame if there was a land war and they started getting hit by unexisting tanks... hey, you could even call them stealth.

EDIT: I refuse to talk politics and other irrelevent crap. You have your opinion, and I have mine. IMO, you seem well "educated" by your country. Good for you. Yes, NATO claimed more Serb vehicles destroyed than they actually did destroy, but if you want to discuss the propaganda war and what the Serbs *claimed* to have destroyed during the war (you know, the 100 F-15s, 20 B-2s, etc.), then give me a PM. I'd be happy to explain why the Serbian propaganda statements were even more ludicrous and stupid than...I mean, I'd be happy to discuss the propaganda war between Serbia and NATO with you.

sigzk5.jpg

EDIT: I refuse to talk politics and other irrelevent crap. You have your opinion, and I have mine. IMO, you seem well "educated" by your country. Good for you. Yes, NATO claimed more Serb vehicles destroyed than they actually did destroy, but if you want to discuss the propaganda war and what the Serbs *claimed* to have destroyed during the war (you know, the 100 F-15s, 20 B-2s, etc.), then give me a PM. I'd be happy to explain why the Serbian propaganda statements were even more ludicrous and stupid than...I mean, I'd be happy to discuss the propaganda war between Serbia and NATO with you.

First, I wasn't talking about the book. Didn't have time to reed it. Second, I wasn't talking about political/propaganda war either. Yes, we sucked at propaganda war, that is wery clear to me, but once again, I wasn't talking about what some crazy bored reporters smushed up in their bunkers. As for war crimes, I won't belive NATO that they were happening by our side, nor will I belive our propaganda that there weren't any. I'm talking about what profesionals in our army did to protect what ever they could with what ever they had. I won't belive that any regular military commander used civilians to protect his troops simply because that would be plain stupid as nato didn't care one bit about civilians, and that is something I saw with my own eyes and don't need any propaganda to tell me.

Lock, delete, warn me, whatever, but it's not going to make me forget seeing house after house go down and the "we're next" feeling I had.

OMG it always ends like this. Some people cant seperate academics from politics. Chill out.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Actulay F-22 TAW did an excelent job. Its only flaws were the AI aircraft wich would show all other aircraft supercruising with impossible loadouts and capability to shoot at the F-22 from 40 miles out. But then it would be boring otherwise.

My PC specs below:

Ok the TAW heard about this..

just curious, Does it have a clickable cockpit?

The last in-game F-22 i played with is the Novalogic "arcade-like" F-22 and in Janes USAF, although kinda love that b-61 Nuke in the Novalogic version

The most stupid member in the forum

Ok the TAW heard about this..

just curious, Does it have a clickable cockpit?

Yes it had, fully in 3D despite the games age.

The last in-game F-22 i played with is the Novalogic "arcade-like" F-22 and in Janes USAF, although kinda love that b-61 Nuke in the Novalogic version

Novalogic F-22 alike all its SIM's were pure and utter C.R.A.P.

My PC specs below:

My ex was Serb and I can tell you that her and her family were wonderful people who didn't act like the other Serbs on this board. You could talk about anything with them and didn't have to worry about them turning it political.

Not one thing I sayed was political. Purely existential. And it WAS academical. It was about real life performance of aircraft and tactics in given situation. Things I sayed were just an argument for dismissing the civilian shields excuse. The way I sayed it reflects the fact that the subject of disscusion was determening if my life was going to be let to be.

Brave, :megalol: he can have the biggest heart in the world but what are you going to tell his family or when his little girl says were is my daddy?
To his little girls I would say that her father was not afraid to go up against ten times stronger enemy. Because he was fighting to save her life. And he gave his life so that her life can be fulfilled with freedom and pride.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I don't care who said what or why - forum rules say no politics!!!

Statements like ''NATO killed more civilians then soldiers''

I removed that statement from my post.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Right, the only reason I'm not closing this, is because it was good for most part, except last 3 pages. And I think it has the potential to get back on track. I for one found out something new on the "nice part of the thread".

Now I'll make it pure and simple. This anti-american or anti-serb or anti-NATO or anti-whatever stuff violates the rules as severely as you can get. So next person who will dare to post any political bashing or any nationalistic statements will get a day's vacation. Especially this applies to =4c= Hajduk Veljko, nscode, D-Scythe, Ruggbutt. And can the latter two check their PM boxes please.

Get on track and please grow up. At the moment some of you behave like children.

{REGARDS}

BIOLOG

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Guest IguanaKing
Novalogic F-22 alike all its SIM's were pure and utter C.R.A.P.

Yeah, but their sims were fun though. They're the kind of sims you fly when you're just in a "shooting aliens" kind of mood. :D

And F-22 pilots have the chainsaw in the cockpit!

Not only is the canopy jammed sometimes but on occasion the landing-gear too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozUOHC242rM

:unsure:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Guest IguanaKing

What did you not understand about what Rhen said of control gains?

BTW...on the chainsaw subject...I have to use an axe to rescue an injured Viper driver from his aircraft too. Want to know how the axe is used as a necessary part of the procedure? I approach the aircraft from the trailing edge of the left wing, duck under the wing, then I throw the axe down the intake tunnel to kill the engine. While that engine is running, I cannot safely approach the D-ring to pull it and jettison the canopy, so I use an axe to stop it. I wonder what the chainsaw was actually used for. With the uninformed media, I can only guess as to its actual role in the rescue.

Guest IguanaKing

It was a control gains problem from what I understand. The pilot over-pitched, slammed the butt into the ground, and then over-compensated several times trying to get it back under control. He failed and put it into a "death wave".

Regarding B-2's, i had a table with NATO aircraft losses, where it has an extensive article about downing of an B2, confirmed by eyewitnesses. I don't want to fight over this, nor i care...if it's downed, then it's NATO's propaganda, if it isn't downed, then it's Milosevics' propaganda that took place.

Old stealth - stealth technology that employs shape, material and paint to reduce RCS. F-22 uses same tactics. If sensor device was "tuned" to track F-117, it's only matter of time when that sensor device will be tuned to track F-22. The principle is same, only the variables changed. If Raptor participates in minor conflicts, such as separate anti-terrorist actions, it's stealth will go on...but if it fights an sovereign nation with whole army, like it was in FedYu, it's only a matter of combat hours until it gets unvealed.

A new stealth tecnology would be something like plasma stealth. Employing an active stealth generator. Electromagnetic countermeasures could also do...if your stealth gets unvealed, you just tune your stealth generator. In nowadays case, your airframe is to be replaced (or severely altered).

Is plasma stealth and, it's tech. cousins, Star Trek for now, i think not, but i won't place my money on it. Does USAF really need Raptors now? I think not, and they could invest couple of years for exploration of new stealth technologies. This "old" principle has been negated, and it will be negated again.

About projectiles...somebody said that R-33 is obsolete, R-127 good only with AWACS...they maybe true, but atleast top Russian aircraft can carry long range missiles. Raptor is bound to AIM-120C5's range, it can't even carry Phoenix. And "setting up an BVR" as you say it, would be more effective from a longer distance.

With my opinions about F-22's stealth, an AAM-L would be even more desired. If it had an option to launch something of Novator's range, it could even attack from friendly or neutral space. Not getting exposed to somebody's radar. It's stealth may be perfect, but you are stealthiest when nothing looks at you.