A10 RWR Modes: Shift-R?

I was just watching an old video tutorial from Ironhand on the RWR Modes on the A10. I didn't know the A10 had RWR Modes. Does anybody know about them and what they are for?

He said there are 3 Modes:

- All

- Lock

- Launch

And the Shift-R key toggles though them. But he also seemed to say that it will skip going from like say 'All' to 'Lock' if there are no Locks. Or something like that it will skip a mode when it's not relevant. But how do you know which mode your in? Is there some indicator?

Are these just RWR screen filters? And do they work?

Mostly to shut it up. A filter that can be used in an environment where there is enough (friendly & hostile) radar in the area to make popcorn. Using "lock" will silence the warnings until they actually paint you. "launch" is.... pretty self- explanatory...:joystick: How to tell which mode you're in? Default setting is "ALL" then lock, then launch. The system works like this-Pay attention to how many times you have changed modes.:doh:

I was just watching an old video tutorial from Ironhand on the RWR Modes on the A10. I didn't know the A10 had RWR Modes. Does anybody know about them and what they are for?

Konny's pretty well covered it. That tutorial is from V1.01. At that time there were three modes. In Flaming Cliffs, however, there are only two: ALL and Lock/Launch. Only way to tell which mode you're in (in the sim, anyway) is to cycle to ALL (if you've switched to something else) and count from there.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.