Su27 LOMAC Campaign - need help

zare

First to say, i'm new here, greetings to fellow members.

I have a question about first mission in Su27 campaign, how to complete it? I flown all "single" missions of Su27, completed them without problems. I'm playing on realistic mode, with comp AI set to "good".

Eg. it's always the same scenario. I get airborne, in couple of seconds i have speed, alt and i'm passing waypoint one, hard right turn, two enemy Falcons, no problem, either i shoot both down or one manages to disengage and my wingman takes care of it. Then come the problems...when i pass waypoint two, 180 turn on route to WP3, and i have an swarm of Tigers and Falcons dead ahead. I can't really do anything...my Floggers are somewhat far away, if i fire, i can't maintain a lock because i have two AIM120's flying right at me, if i try a sideways highspeed pass my afterburner becomes a nifty target for Sidewinders. And if i turn and run away, hoping to give time for Floggers to enter the furball, i'll again have couple of AMRAAM's on my tail, i can manouver my way out for certain amount of time, but then i lose energy and AIM120 ends up right in my ass.

I must be doing something wrong, this mission can't be that difficult, it's scenario's first. And considering that i can beat up any single mission on the same difficulty level, i just can't find a solution here. Please help.

Thx in advance.

The problem is that you're in too much of a rush. Sit back. Put your feet up. Relax. :)

Actually, you've already stated your problem, you just don't realize it: ..."my Floggers are somewhat far away..."

Let the situation develop a little before you jump in with both feet. You're getting too far out in front. In addition to the MiGs, there's a medium range SAM site helping to protect your airbase. Give everyone time to give the attackers something other than you to focus on.

This mission is the focus of a tutorial on my site's A2A page. But it was recorded with V1.11 and probably won't play back correctly. Awhile ago, I tried converting it to video, wasn't all that happy with the results, and haven't given it another try yet. But here's a direct link for that video anyway. I'm uploading it now. If you're interested, give it an hour or so before you try to retrieve it: Su-27 Campaign Mission 1.zip (157MB). This is simply the way I flew it. I'm sure others have flown it differently.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Good point, but where should i go? Flanker can't do a full stop in the air ;) Maybe i'll just take down those F-16s on the start, and then go back and land :)

Yes, i presumed that i could steal some time for my reinforcements to come. But, it's a scenario's first mission, shouldn't it be "follow the route and engage"?

Btw, i downloaded couple of your tutorials some time ago. Great work, was very helpfull indeed ;) I can't get that mission video right now, i'm on narrowband here, so no 157mb files for me.

Thank you very much. :)

Good point, but where should i go?

Spent too many years on dialup myself...

Turn left instead of right after you take off and fly away from the threat for 30 seconds or so. That should make the timing just about right. The SAM site should be engaging at about the same time you are. You present them with an integrated defense instead of letting them take you on a section at a time.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.