Connection Timeout

Just saw this post.

We're having a similar issue. However, on our side, we don't even get to connect.

Made a different thread here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171915

Logs posted as well.

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

Like Thisdale is saying precicely we have a problem to see the host server name in the multiplayer screen.

And the day befor the patch it was working perfectly. I could host a game and all of our friends could join up.

This latest patch seams to have some issues with connections. Hope ED can figure out a quick patch soon.

PopovQc (425 ETACv Alouettes)

Montreal, Québec, Canada

Je parle français et anglais - I speak French & English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 cpu), Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth X79, 16GigRam, DX11, Win10, GeForce RTX2070 8GB & Oculus Rift S & HP Reverb :P

• 4 weeks later...
Hello.

I am experiencing some problems with my gaming rig while flying the DCS A-10C.

Almost everytime I play in MP on our dedicated server I get a connection timed out. Server Ping timeout.

During the last days I have been trying to isolate the issue and figure out what the issue is.

I suspect it is connected to my gaming rig, as I have done a test today where I ran the mission on my old laptop, and there I did not have any such disconnects. While doing it on my gaming rig, it causes me to get the disconnect almost everytime.

Some times it can happen fairly late in a mission (30-60 minutes), but normally it occurs within the first 10 minutes, during startup.

I have tried with a fresh DCS install, repared DCS, deleted saved games, disabled any mods, but the results appear to be the same in any case.

Here is the information from yesterdays testing:

Attached are the log files from both my laptop and my gamingrig from today.

Does anyone know what the issue can be?

Im having the same issue... but only on the Virtual Aerobatics 1.5. All other servers on 1.5 and 2.0 work perfectly. Any updates?

Same problem here

Intel I7-3770K 4.1Ghz water cooled, 24GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz, PowerColor RX5700XT GPU, Asus P8Z77-V LK motherboard, Windows 10 on 64GB SanDisk SSD, DSC on 500GB Samsung SSD, purchased Cyberpower 11/27/2012

I have had none of those disconns lately and to make it even worse, I am on a WLAN bridge ( 2 Fritz!Boxes ) across my house with N-band to get my game rig upstairs connected to my router downstairs.

The ONLY reproducable disconn I get is when BF has just started and you try to join too early when prolly many others are doing the same thing. If the server says 2/55 I dont even try to connect, with a few more players on the server I can conn right away, for hours until my eye lids drop ;)

Antivirus is MS-Security Essentials as it comes in W10Pro, Win10-Firewall OFF, DCS ports in router are all on Priority ( QoS ).

25/5 Mbit line ADSL

below are some images showing you were in the Fritz!Box this is done and what ports and protocols you need.

*** this may not fix the issue but for sure wont harm the data flowing but instead make it smoother.

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I and some others i fly with are experiencing the same symtoms described above, find attached here my reports.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvrjp8bvirithkc/Strut%20Crash%20_Dump%20reports.7z?dl=0

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

happened again, just to note this is the last screen i see before a timeout

timeout.png

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

I keep having so much problem now going onto servers, if i don't get the time out thing on first and second try to connect to a servers, i end up with a DCS stoping working after a few time, which is about 5 mintues after being on server... never happended since 1.5.4... hope it will eventualy get like before :) because most of the time i can wastea bout 30 min just to try to get onto a server, restarting DCS and so on.... :S

As for the autoex stuff, can you point out more detaisl on how to do it, because the info i got are from a version which folders are a bit different, does it go in Saved Games, is it an existing file or we need to create it, in other words, where exactly does it go please?

• Like 1

You should really try to rename "Saved Games\DCS" folder to "Saved Games\DCS_OLD" and then start DCS again. Dragging all the old settings from version to version have made many strange problems. Do not set graphics up to high at the start, start low. OK I know it is not interesting to play on low graphics but tuning it to the max can create problems. Run it for a while on low settings and see if anything changes.

Set it to the lowest value first and test for one week. :thumbup:

Check TAW server post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2557519&postcount=1

Download autoexec.cfg example:

[ATTACH]147852[/ATTACH]

I'm still having those issues... I tried using your .cfg file, didn't work. :(

Edited by Vitormouraa

Im on the 104th had it twice today sever time out then my last go CTD, Ive been on the VA server fine with no crashes or time outs.

Edit: Log is in the 104th multiplayer thread as where thats where the problems have been happening.

Edited by Coxy_99

• 9 months later...

I'm getting this issue esp with the normandy map. It takes forever to log in and when i eventually get to the slot screen i get a timeout and the game crashes.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I'm getting this issue esp with the normandy map. It takes forever to log in and when i eventually get to the slot screen i get a timeout and the game crashes.

Cannot get into any servers as well now. Connection time out. Or server ping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mostly fly BF and it doesnt happen to me, despite I am connected to a WLAN-N_Bridge.

aDSL 25/5 - DL/UL and a shitty provider ( 30+ reconnects over the weekend and now I am on with HALF the bandwidth, I wont even try to fly online until they fix that issue, might be the heat and the box in the street going haywire ).

Make sure you DISABLE your cloud services before connecting DCS Servers as well as make sure your firewall(s) behave properly.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I have a very good internet connection and typically a low ping on servers. No cloud services, and I turned off all firewalls with same results.

It started with patch of 2.1 last week, but now the alpha and 1.5 time out when I try to connect. Occasionally I will connect to a server . I see others are having similar issues. Hope it gets resolved as I don't think there is much more to do on my end. Have tried repair as well.

• 3 months later...