Disappointed by the multiplayer experience

I just read the last replies and I want to thank you for all the hints and support.

I was just reflecting on my playing and it's true, I was kind of flying for the kill without thinking of surviving first. I will definately try to assess the situation more and take a slower approach from now on.

I also tried joining teamspeak servers while playing but my problem is that I live in Europe and there don't seem to be too many European players. The only populated server this afternoon was the =RAF= one and its teamspeak server seems to be Russian only. But I will try again from now on.

Certainly I won't give up on this because Lock On is the first sim that I really love playing for hours since EF2000. See you online hopefully. :D

I would suggest to you to join a squad. You'll get all the training you need and flying in HL is much more fun and meaningful if you fly as a team and develop your tactics. Add in voice comms to the mix and you wont go back to flying offline again. personally i dont remember the last time i flew offline.....lomac to me means load up joystick profile......launch trackir, launch Ventrilo comms, have random chit chat with squadmates....join a server.

There are many european squads (us included) and most would like to recruit new players.

See you in HL:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

dear gundel...

Hello my friend.

At first, dont be sad that you was shooted down many times and yao dont have som much experiences as guys on HL. It only takes few hours and you will learn more and you will be still better, ask people, try to understenad and think during flights. I wish you happy landings! For my luck when I started fly on HL, there were still a lot of people who gave mee advice, also I meet some lets say "ugly" :) guys but,.... it was their problems and I think many of them were kids. I was only dissapointed, that it was "somebody" from 504 squadron. But I am still flying and enjoying.

We will kick and ban a player for a week (three strikes and your out) if they Kill 3 Team members in one session. We figure a week is enough time to learn how to IFF and is the best approach for all players.

Our Server the 169th_Panthers Dedicated is designed for fair dogfights for both sides and usually runs Full Real or "Ace" Settings. F15's on one side and Russian Fighters on the other. There are plenty of Client Aircraft to chose from so you will allways get the plane you want.

We also Host a Statictics Page http://169thpanthers.com.au/Stats/statsindex.php where you can keep tabs on your kills and work on improving your own kill ratios.

Our Teamspeak Channel: 66.31.67.126 password "panthers" has public channels for those using our server.

One thing that may well have been mentioned already is the Jammer is not a magic cloaking device. Quite the opposite. If you think of the jammer as a really really bright spotlight that can temporarily blind you. You will start to use it well. Just turn it on for 2 seconds at a time at the right moment. Usually when you think the bad guy is about to fire. Leaving it on means you will become a target from longer ranges and can be seen on enemy radars from anyt distance.

We look forward to seeing yourself and all people experiencing online dogfighting for the first time.

Blue Skies.

I also tried joining teamspeak servers while playing but my problem is that I live in Europe and there don't seem to be too many European players. The only populated server this afternoon was the =RAF= one and its teamspeak server seems to be Russian only. But I will try again from now on.

No European community ?? Are you kidding ?

For example

http://www.lockonforum.de/index.php?sid=

1050 members and growing...

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

...I also tried joining teamspeak servers while playing but my problem is that I live in Europe and there don't seem to be too many European players...

Hi Gundelgauk,

The vvs504 squad has both Fighter and Bomber wings. We have many members from across the globe, but many of us are european.

We fly almost every night of the week and in addition to HL flights we do between 2 and 4 training or campaign flights per week.

You will frequently see our TS busy with 504 members, typically on Tuesday and Thursday evenings as these are our training nights - from 2000zulu to 2200zulu normally. Feel free to join our TS any time and you should spot some of us around. As you can tell from my sig, I'm bomberwing so not alot of help to you...but there's usually plenty of the Fighter wing around.

Anyways, feel free to come along, or read our forums at http://www.vvs504.co.uk/forum/index.php

Hope to see you on our servers and TS...though I spend most of my HL time on the dedicated A2G server ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers