F5 Bug Report

Arctic

On that note, regarding NAV lights and FORM lights. Is it possible to get a ON/OFF toggle for them? That would be awesome...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

1 - The lever that closes the canopy has an error and does not allow more click to close the canopy.

2 - I believe that when the aircraft is all turned off. The radar distance scales have to be erased.

3 - The RWR does not sound when the aircraft is locked, and a missile is launched.

4 - When you turn off the green key oxygen. white key changes to 100% usage. This is normal?

5 - The parachute does not rearm.

6 - Depression of sight for work and does not allow to add the distance of atack.

7 - The intensity of the lamps of the cabin. It begins with the very high intensity so when you call. I believe to be very weak and go slowly increasing the intensity.

8 - Please add lighting red cabin.

9 - Please add painting of the Brazilian Air Force.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Hi guys i do not know if this is the right place to say this but i have encountered a "game-breaking" bug. I just bought the F-5 (1 hour ago) and i tried an A/G mission with the rockets, messing around with some weapon switch causes a DCS crash, tried to replicate the bug and it showed again, somebody have reported it yet?

I just posted this in this thread when I saw this bug thread. Just dropping this here to make sure it gets seen.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=170965&page=2

=======================

So... I found this thread and it really sounded like it might have been my issue but after doing some testing I can confirm this is not the same issue.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171239

I tried mapping all my controls in the "F-5 Game controls" as well as the "F-5 Sim Controls" and went into options and turned game mode on first. It was already set to off and so was game flight mode. But just for kicks I tested it both ways. Trimmer never effects the aircraft at all. I tried turning off the synchronize HOTAS controls also but that didn't work either.

Just as I was about to give up on this I decided to test this with FFB turned back on. When FFB is on the stick moves like it should to adjust for trim. Well... at least the nose up and down work correctly. The left and right trim are reversed so when you apply right trim you roll left and the opposite is true.

HOTAS is Logitech G940 using Logitech Profiler software.

Hi

sorry for my english my friend,s

I bought F-5 E and F-86 sim

in F-86 landing procedure I have the voice of instructor and i can see all of the green square sign to runway but in F-5E I don,t have any sound of instructor and i think some of the green square sign to runway are missed .

am i right or this is the bug

And Iwant know your opinion about made DCS F-4 Sim in futuer ? can we demand of DCS team ?

PLz search about attack to H3 in iran and iraq war i,m from iran in this mission our pilot pass all the iraq and hide and 3 times refuling and attack to all H3 base and there is no mission like this from world war 1 until know .

we can fly with F-4 in DCS world and do some thing like this

again sorry for my english

thanks

Hi

sorry for my english my friend,s

I bought F-5 E and F-86 sim

in F-86 landing procedure I have the voice of instructor and i can see all of the green square sign to runway but in F-5E I don,t have any sound of instructor and i think some of the green square sign to runway are missed .

am i right or this is the bug

And Iwant know your opinion about made DCS F-4 Sim in futuer ? can we demand of DCS team ?

1. The F-5E module is an early version, not even in Beta yet. So don't expect it to be complete!

2. I have no information about an F-4 development project

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

How does this appears? You select some preset and can't connect by radio?

I tested this and presets do not work. How ever I jumped in to AI F-5 with RAlt + J mid flight and the presets did work. Tried multiple times with varying switchology.

I love the preset table that represents the one in ME (same with UH-1H, haven't noticed before) :thumbup:

And regarding to that table, could you add the in flight-preset programming like in A-10C.

attachment.php?attachmentid=145279&stc=1&d=1469781292

attachment.php?attachmentid=145292&stc=1&d=1469783877

DSCF4607.thumb.JPG.e1583634f3ec79f2188fc22ac732277f.JPG

preset.PNG.e3ba85ada3408574cfbc7d9d40e969fe.PNG

Edited by aemvee
Added image

Couple of minor ones:

Cannot set Altimeter to 0ft at Nellis, min is 2810pa/420ft.

Attitude Indicator mouse uncage seems sticky?

Cannot Cage (red bar) the AI with mouse or with LAlt+LShift+C.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

This 'issue' affects altimeters IRL as well as the adjustment range is 28.1 - 31.0. Btw, IRL QNH is being used.

Yes, ok. See, that's what happens when you RTFM. It says to set the altimeter to 0 (QFE). Anyone got a shovel and a dumpster?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I tested this and presets do not work. How ever I jumped in to AI F-5 with RAlt + J mid flight and the presets did work. Tried multiple times with varying switchology.

It might related only to Hot Started planes, proper startup and the presets do work.

Few bugs i've noticed i don't know if there are already listed:

- Rearm with fuel tanks does not put fuel into the tanks, you need to delete them and put new one

- Rocket pod: doesn't see rocket into the launcher, so no indication if there is more or not.

- nav light over nevada are acting like a mirror, you can light the ground with them even a full sun time

LG Handle red light activation is late..

The Landing gear Handle Red light comes on a few seconds after it is selected down.

It is more logical that the red light comes on immediately after the handle is placed out of the up position to the down position.

In the F16, I know this is the way it functions.

That way there is a direct indication to the pilot that the gear is in a different position then the gear handle.

So for down selection

1- Gear handle selected down (red light in handle comes on)

2- Gear travels down.

3- Gear reaches its over centered (down locked) position (Red light goes out).

Hope the Devs can have a look into this.

Thanks.

John

• 2 years later...

My friend and I do multiplayer together in the F-5 and all has been well for a long time. But this week I added rocket pods to our Tigers and now after about 5-10min DCS locks up for one of us, mostly him as the non-server connection but at least once I locked up too. If we use different planes or take off the rocket pods there are no lockups. We tested in Nevada and Caucasus, same results. Is this a known bug? We can reproduce it easily.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else having an issue with center pitch?

I mean, it appears to me that even though my joystick setup is centered, the stick has some fair amount of pull on it.

At the beginning I thought it was a trim issue but I now saw that the stick in game is not centered.

All my other modules are not affected.

Any givers?

Thnx in advance

@EagleA25: I don't have this problem. I suspect that there is a pitch axis of another game controller bound to pitch. Have you checked in Options/Controls/Axis Assignments that every axis command has only one game controller bound to it?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thanks everyone,

Yeah, its a mystery. My X65F is centered in the Hornet, Tomcat, L/39, and all other modules. Just in the F-5E it is as if the Stick has a quarter aft deflection, but in the controls page axis the Pitch Axis is perfectly centered. As such, the faster I fly, the more of a up pitch I have... and I run out of nose-down trim very fast...

Even switched to a different input for the pitch axis to see if it was the joystick but the problem persists...

Edit So I just found out what the hell was going on: In settings > special the F5 has a Joystick Mode Tab... long story short: the option was in " Displaced Neutral". Beats me how it changed to that option

all is good now, thanks for helping... see ya in the not-so-friendly skies!

Thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200666

Edited by EagleA25
Because I found out why

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ahoy!
I encounter some bug with this plane allmost every time i fly it:
1: The Attitude Indicator will often misalign at a random point during flight showing aprox 5-10° bank angle even tho im in wings level flight. Sometimes it will reset itself, sometimes it does not. This is without exeeding G or AoA limits. This will affect the main Attitude Indicator, the backup Indicator aswell as the horizon bar in the radar scope.
2: Flare/Chaff counter will not count down properly.
3: This bug i only encountered once: After mission reset i spawned as soon as possible, rearmed and set my manual gunsight depression to 80. The reticle did not move and i was unable to drop bombs, as if it did not recognize that i was in manual gunsight mode. Respawn fixed the issue.
4: The Low Left/ Low Right fuel balance switch will after selecting either of these options upon reaching balance sometimes reset to Autobalance and sometimes not, leading to an empty tank when it does not reset and you don't notice it.
5: Sometimes the Pitch Dampner switch will go into the off position after landing and rearm for no appearent reason, leading to an, lets say interesting takeoff if not cought in time.
6: Sometimes the afterburner will not light up despite the throttle being full forward. I encountered this bug often, alltho not for some time now, i am not sure if its random or if it was fixed allready recently.
I am pretty sure that all these are actual bugs and not produced by unproper handeling of the plane or any of its settings, as they appear frequently and after encountering them i allways double and triple check my actions to determine if pilot error was the cause, which i believe it was not.
Thanks.

1 hour ago, Durin2 said:

Ahoy!
I encounter some bug with this plane allmost every time i fly it:
1: The Attitude Indicator will often misalign at a random point during flight showing aprox 5-10° bank angle even tho im in wings level flight. Sometimes it will reset itself, sometimes it does not. This is without exeeding G or AoA limits. This will affect the main Attitude Indicator, the backup Indicator aswell as the horizon bar in the radar scope.
2: Flare/Chaff counter will not count down properly.
3: This bug i only encountered once: After mission reset i spawned as soon as possible, rearmed and set my manual gunsight depression to 80. The reticle did not move and i was unable to drop bombs, as if it did not recognize that i was in manual gunsight mode. Respawn fixed the issue.
4: The Low Left/ Low Right fuel balance switch will after selecting either of these options upon reaching balance sometimes reset to Autobalance and sometimes not, leading to an empty tank when it does not reset and you don't notice it.
5: Sometimes the Pitch Dampner switch will go into the off position after landing and rearm for no appearent reason, leading to an, lets say interesting takeoff if not cought in time.
6: Sometimes the afterburner will not light up despite the throttle being full forward. I encountered this bug often, alltho not for some time now, i am not sure if its random or if it was fixed allready recently.
I am pretty sure that all these are actual bugs and not produced by unproper handeling of the plane or any of its settings, as they appear frequently and after encountering them i allways double and triple check my actions to determine if pilot error was the cause, which i believe it was not.
Thanks.

1) They drift, that's normal and seems to be overdone for DCS. To reset, press fast erect button.

2) Did you set the amount correctly? Or what do you mean does not count properly

3-5 never seen so far. Create seperate topics, describe the issue and attach a track showing the issue for a proper bug report.

6) That happens sometimes. Not sure why, might be bug, might be feature.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:56 AM, Durin2 said:

This will happen if you are in one of the dogfight modes.  You may have bumped your switch for Dogfight Guns/Missile by mistake.

• Like 1

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS