AIM-9P5

Cletust8

I am still having this issue unfortunately even thought I assigned the missile release to a DX button inside DCS. I also tried it just from the keyboard and it did not work either. I think it is something the Belsimtek team needs to look into.

JD

AKA_MattE

Are you sure its the Uncage button preventing you from launching?

Since i have a problem where sometimes i cant launch the missiles at all (90% percent of the time when playing on MP and 10% of the time when on SP)

I have the Tone the missiles are selected and i press launch button and nothing happens.

No difference if im using the Uncage button or not.

So might it be that the Uncage feature is not the thing preventing you from launching?.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since i have a problem where sometimes i cant launch the missiles at all (90% percent of the time when playing on MP and 10% of the time when on SP)

I have the Tone the missiles are selected and i press launch button and nothing happens.

So might it be that the Uncage feature is not the thing preventing you from launching?.

Are you sure that these three are in safe?: Weapon type selector for pylons (Bomb, ripple, etc...), Bomb Nose/Tail fuse selector and finally Jettison switch?

If these are not in safe, you are going to be prevented a launch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I am sure, I can release the Uncage button and then fire the missile every time. I have had no problems firing the AIM-9's (as long as the uncage button is not depressed), but hitting things is a whole other matter..

I have not been able to get rockets to fire, but that is for a different thread and I think it has been reported already.

JD

AKA_MattE

Edited by Jugdriver

• ED Team

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Are you sure that these three are in safe?: Weapon type selector for pylons (Bomb, ripple, etc...), Bomb Nose/Tail fuse selector and finally Jettison switch?

If these are not in safe, you are going to be prevented a launch.

Might be it not sure but it might be (atleast the Jettison switch)

Since i usually Jettison the centerline in a hurry before i enter the fighting.

But i thought i always put it back to the off position but maby im wrong =P.

Hopefully i dont have that problem any more know that i know what to look for when it happens.

• ED Team
SO...

when do we get the correct 9p5 for Tiger2.

I must say honestly, the current one is really useless for combat.

Will be in the 2.0.3 in this Friday.

Changes for 1.5.4 will be in two weeks.

• Like 1

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
Will the Missile fix include a fix when it comes to missile performance and flare sensitivity (since atm its almost 100% likely to follow any flare it sees) or will it just fix the Fov problem (which is the least of its problems)

Both issues fixed. Motor tuned.

Both issues fixed. Motor tuned.

Great news =).

For the biggest problem by far was the Flares.

Since the FOV you can work around.

The Poor performance you can counteract somewhat by getting closer and limiting to launching when the enemy is flying straight and level.

But it being more or less 100% likely to head for flares was something you could not really do much about

(Other then try to approach and launch unseen to the target does not know about the missile).

But if all 3 of those problems are fixed then thats great =).

im only a bit sad we have to wait for more then a week ^^ but then again i guess the 2.0 guys need to get some F-5E love as well.

The thrust is 10% too low.

HTPB has 250-265 isp, not 240.

This is before we acknowledge the lack of drag reduction when motor is on in the game.

P.S. doesn't have the lift upgrade the AIM-9M and R-73 got.

But little steps.

And Scat, don't forgot me!

You've been advocating missile changes forever, and I'm sorry I overlooked your contribution. It's clear you know what you are talking about, and I appreciate you caring enough to try to get things changed.

The thrust is 10% too low.

HTPB has 250-265 isp, not 240.

This is before we acknowledge the lack of drag reduction when motor is on in the game.

P.S. doesn't have the lift upgrade the AIM-9M and R-73 got.

But little steps.

oh~~

so the 9p5 is not simulated as well?? it can be more better right??

I do really hope the BST will give us a correct 9p5 as soon as possible.

As of the latest patch the bore sight is aligned with the pipper but now the missile will lock on way beyond visual range, at least from rear aspect on a multi-engine target. Is that accurate? While running the missile training mission I could fly the entire intercept off the tone since it was locking onto the Antonov at mission start.

Edited by r4y30n