F-5E Questions for Belsimtek. Update future.

ThorBrasil

If possible add the red illumination of the cockpit (Utility Light (red/white) Manual page 125), refueling probe, Maverick and skin of the Brazilian Air Force. Thank you! :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I feel like we're missing out without having the option to air to air refuel, i feel like because it has to cruise at much lower speed than most over aircraft to conserve fuel that it would be great to have the option to refuel especially if your doing a bombing run far away and need to refuel without any available airfields nearby.

The way I feel about this is that it needs to be an option maybe a check box in the mission editor or even maybe something In the re-arming menu. I feel the same way with this as with refueling once we get the tomcat or the hornet. I feel like there needs to be an option to equip a drogue shute to the kc-135

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

It's a light fighter, and therefore does not have the same range as other aircraft currently in DCS. You just need plan for that and fly it accordingly. We shouldn't be adding features that aren't present in the variant being modelled.

Not sure where you get the idea that you need to cruise at a much lower speed than other types, you don't. But you will not be able to fly as far as an Eagle, nor should you.

I've already flown a Hi-Lo-Hi profile sortie of just over 430 nautical miles on only internal fuel, and without doing the level of fuel planning I should have. All of that was spent in excess of 300 KIAS (aside from TO & LDG), cruising a M0.9. The sortie included a 5 minute supersonic dash, and a 10 minute low altitude tactical navigation element at 450-550 KIAS. Total flight time was 50 minutes.

Now that was in a jet with only wingtip missiles, and of course underwing stores would reduce the range somewhat, but still if you're sensible and plan well you can fly this thing plenty far enough.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 5 weeks later...

From Wikipedia:

"After winning the International Fighter Aircraft competition in 1970, a program aimed at providing effective low-cost fighters to American allies, Northrop introduced the second-generation F-5E Tiger II in 1972. This upgrade included more powerful engines, higher fuel capacity, greater wing area and improved leading edge extensions for a better turn rate, optional air-to-air refueling, and improved avionics including air-to-air radar."

If I remember correctly the version we are getting won't have air-to-air refueling.

It is still a great quality module, though. It's pretty complete already. There is not much missing and it's very fun to fly.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

If possible add the red illumination of the cockpit (Utility Light (red/white) Manual page 125), refueling probe, Maverick and skin of the Brazilian Air Force. Thank you! :thumbup:

The Following Items are not Part of the USAF Block Modeled by BST:

-Refueling Probe,

-AGM-65

Has Already been discussed and debated repeatedly (along with other F-5E Upgrade/Export Options).

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team
If possible add the red illumination of the cockpit (Utility Light (red/white) Manual page 125)

You asked about it already twice for the recent period.

"Utility Light primarily designed to be used as a task/map reading light. Combining the functions of a fixed spot or floodlight and, when snapped out of the socket, a portable hand torch."

So as you see this is for maps from a MAP CASE mostly. Therefore this Utility Light maked as fixed only, because we haven`t any manipulations with a Map Case itself and any paper maps from this case in the cockpit.

By the way - as it is fixed, it could really light (red/white) only the right part of the main instrumental panel (engine group instruments). Is this really badly need for users in missions?..

A while back I purchased a paperback flight manual for the A-10 from lulu.com. They have a few modules on there, but not the F-5. I found it way easier to read and learn the jet with a book vs. the .PDF. As these modules become more complex it would be nice to have the option to buy a manual for reference. I'd love to see the module designers at least give us an option to purchase the manual if possible, even through a third party. Is that something that could be realistically done? I know manuals are a thing of the past, due to cost, but I personally wouldn't mind paying an extra 30 bucks or so to have a book to read, take notes in, ect.

Thanks

Maybe I am wrong, but I would think any print shop would print the PDF into a hard copy for you (If that is what you were looking for).

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Maybe I am wrong, but I would think any print shop would print the PDF into a hard copy for you (If that is what you were looking for).

I tried a print shop before with another sim and they wouldn't do it due to possible copyrights. Had they been able to it wouldn't of been bound, with a decent cover or anything. If you look at the lulu site the manuals are bound, look really good, and mine only cost around 30 bucks or so. They rival the huge books you'd get with the 90's sims. I know the tomcat and hornet manuals are going to be beasts, and it would be nice to thumb through the book while trying to get things to work as advertised in sim.

My local print shop would print it for me, but the format does not fit A5 so they would have to do it on A4 and that is quite unusable as it is too large. I already have A-10C and KA-50 printed in A4 format and bound, but its really really clunky to read from it.

Also the cost for the printing is horrendous.

What i have found to be the best solution is to get a 8" or 10" tablet and read it in pdf there.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

In comparison, this is F-5E Tiger III, with upgraded avionics and refueling probe.

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

From Wikipedia:

"After winning the International Fighter Aircraft competition in 1970, a program aimed at providing effective low-cost fighters to American allies, Northrop introduced the second-generation F-5E Tiger II in 1972. This upgrade included more powerful engines, higher fuel capacity, greater wing area and improved leading edge extensions for a better turn rate, optional air-to-air refueling, and improved avionics including air-to-air radar."

If I remember correctly the version we are getting won't have air-to-air refueling.

It is still a great quality module, though. It's pretty complete already. There is not much missing and it's very fun to fly.

Just to Give a lil bit of explanation,

the DCS: F-5E is the Domestic Block II Tiger II, not the Export Variant w/ the options for Aerial Refueling Probe, AGM-65, Redesigned Wing, etc etc etc

Not the "Export" that Wiki Speaks of...

From Wikipedia:

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 4 weeks later...

Please Belsimtek add the red illumination of the cockpit (Utility Light (red/white) Manual page 125)

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• ED Team

This is your third request. And this it the third answer.

Please read what was told 23-AUG-2016

If possible add the red illumination of the cockpit (Utility Light (red/white) Manual page 125)

You asked about it already twice for the recent period.

"Utility Light primarily designed to be used as a task/map reading light. Combining the functions of a fixed spot or floodlight and, when snapped out of the socket, a portable hand torch."

So as you see this is for maps from a MAP CASE mostly. Therefore this Utility Light maked as fixed only, because we haven`t any manipulations with a Map Case itself and any paper maps from this case in the cockpit.

By the way - since it is fixed, it could really light (red/white) only the right part of the main instrumental panel (engine group instruments). Is this really badly need for users in missions?..

Small request:

I guess logically this is the F-5E modeled not the F-5N used by the Navy Fleet Adversary so I can understand not implementing this request.

But the "tail numbers" on the nose for VFC-111 are three numbers not just 2. Would be nice in the editor to be able to add three and have them show on the aircraft.

Or am I missing a way besides skinning to do this?

Thanks for the F-5!!!!

Edited by Need-To-Know
added on the nose

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

I think,it should be a much close approach to makes another F-5E flyable.

May not be too much difference between these two,but it looks just strange to paint sharknose black or when you know that some operators actually without flight with this type.................................................

Screen_160913_115859.jpg