Mirage CCRP Targeting, what am i doing wrong

Doum76

well, there's a known bug when JTAC says "no mark"

reported many times to ED

still no sign of them willing to fix it

K, well i don't get that bug so far, he did say mark by laser and give in the laser code. My only concern is, the bomb doesn't seem to be guided or moving, it's only free faling, guess i'll try to cheat, make a trigger to get a WP pop close to it so i can drop the GBU close to it to test.

Edited by Doum76

Yep i finish the message, i ended up going IN hot, to be honest, i'Ve done tons of JTAC lasing back then in the A10-c, my prob is to get it working with the Mirage, lots of people say it's working and i'm trying to get hints from them how they do this, and that, from people not using any script, but if it is possible to do as the default modules allows.

Back then before 1.5.4 we coudn't change the code.

here's some screen shot of my tests.

Pic 1- You can see where i droped my Piper, close to the green smoke, being on top of the target, pic 2- the bomb flying overthe target and pic 2 where it landed passed the target.

With all the tests i'm getting impatient so there is some stuff i miss, like altitude, usualy i tried around 10 000 ft, in this exemple i'm about 4 000 ft, is it to low for a GBU?

Edited by Doum76

No need to be always updated, what you do helps us big time already, even unofficial, way better than lots of unofficial stuff going around on Youtube. :) The reason i love your stuff is, it's a fast way to learn, without having to read all the details in depth of the manual, the few spare times i have, i rather read it quick and try in sim, when there is stuff i can't find in your guides, i get in the manuals, if i don't find it there, well i get on here, and that's what happened for this thread, i couldn't find answers in both manuals. :)

Honestly... as much as I love the folks at Razbam and appreciate their work, I really hope that they come to a point where the procedures, controls and bindings finally stop changing.

Edited by Charly_Owl

Honestly... as much as I love the folks at Razbam and appreciate their work, I really hope that they come to a point where the procedures, controls and bindings finally stop changing.

I wish that too, but then I get a message/e-mail telling us that the procedure we have coded is NOT how it is done in RL and then I have to check and see.

But the changes are about to end. Most of the procedures are set and not to be changed.

The last batch was for HOTAS buttons and functionality.

A few HUD changes are coming up.

And of course the last bombing procedures changes.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I wish that too, but then I get a message/e-mail telling us that the procedure we have coded is NOT how it is done in RL

are FAF pilots/ex-pilots assisting you with advice on this project ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish that too, but then I get a message/e-mail telling us that the procedure we have coded is NOT how it is done in RL and then I have to check and see.

But the changes are about to end. Most of the procedures are set and not to be changed.

The last batch was for HOTAS buttons and functionality.

A few HUD changes are coming up.

And of course the last bombing procedures changes.

I commend you for striving for system and procedure accuracy. Hopefully, the process for the Tucano and Mirage III will be easier for your guys.

Did you post the future changes for the HUD somewhere on the forum? (not sure I remember reading about those)

Pic 1- You can see where i droped my Piper, close to the green smoke, being on top of the target, pic 2- the bomb flying overthe target and pic 2 where it landed passed the target.

With all the tests i'm getting impatient so there is some stuff i miss, like altitude, usualy i tried around 10 000 ft, in this exemple i'm about 4 000 ft, is it to low for a GBU?

Pic 2 looks like the bomb is still largely horizontal while over the green marker where presumably the laser spot is? If that's the case then I definitely wouldn't expect the seeker to be able to pick up the laser reflection.

Keep in mind the M-2000C can release bombs at a much higher speed than the A-10 can, so they'll be travelling longer distances with a relatively flat trajectory.

If the impact point was meant to be at the green smoke then the release trajectory is definitely a problem. It might be worthwhile practising with Mk-82 LD iron bombs to see how accurate you can get your bombing. Once you can reliably get the bomb within the vicinity of the target, then you can switch to using LGBs to benefit from the terminal guidance.

The pipper in pic 1 looks to me uncomfortably far past the green smoke, but perhaps that's where the target actually is? I can't really see any targets in any of the pics, I assume they're lost in the terrain noise. What exactly is the JTAC lasing? Have you tested this mission setup with the A-10, since you're already comfortable with LGB employment on that platform?

Pic 2 looks like the bomb is still largely horizontal while over the green marker where presumably the laser spot is? If that's the case then I definitely wouldn't expect the seeker to be able to pick up the laser reflection.

Keep in mind the M-2000C can release bombs at a much higher speed than the A-10 can, so they'll be travelling longer distances with a relatively flat trajectory.

If the impact point was meant to be at the green smoke then the release trajectory is definitely a problem. It might be worthwhile practising with Mk-82 LD iron bombs to see how accurate you can get your bombing. Once you can reliably get the bomb within the vicinity of the target, then you can switch to using LGBs to benefit from the terminal guidance.

The pipper in pic 1 looks to me uncomfortably far past the green smoke, but perhaps that's where the target actually is? I can't really see any targets in any of the pics, I assume they're lost in the terrain noise. What exactly is the JTAC lasing? Have you tested this mission setup with the A-10, since you're already comfortable with LGB employment on that platform?

Indded, thats why i'm asking if anyone are succeding, because lots of people post, but many people answer if they are succeding at doing it, specialy since 1.5.4, that is a bit why i posted, to see if i waste my time trying it but having someone that on his side it does works with 1.5.4 but wthout any lasing script. :) I never, ever ever had any problem droping laser guided with the A-10c, no mater if i was off on on target, over 10 tries, not a single one worked, i could have at least hit one time... if not, i should start playing back Pac-Man :)

Well now that i decided to try it out in 2.03 to so if it works, well i can't, i'm not aven able to get the JTAC to lase, i keep having either a type 3 with no mark or type 2 with no mark and that even with the JTAC almost up the nose oof the target to avoid LOS for tests.. :(((

I'm just beginning with ground attack with the M2000C and like Doum76 I can't get the GBU 12 on the bad guy with the 1.5.4. The JTAC is actually lasing but it looks like the GBU 12 doesn't get any signal.

Is there another way to get it work for now ? Lasing script ?

I'm just beginning with ground attack with the M2000C and like Doum76 I can't get the GBU 12 on the bad guy with the 1.5.4. The JTAC is actually lasing but it looks like the GBU 12 doesn't get any signal.

Is there another way to get it work for now ? Lasing script ?

I was having a similar issue in 1.5.3 with AI JTAC and player a A-10C, also. I would drop around 12k feet and it would just drift and not track. Perhaps a laser code issue? The JTAC called 1688 and the A-10C had that as well. I didn't voice anything about it because I wanted to research it more but this post is relevant.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

The laser code for the Mirages LGBs can be adjusted in the mission editor afaik. Default should be 1688.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The laser code for the Mirages LGBs can be adjusted in the mission editor afaik. Default should be 1688.

Ahh, that could be the issue, we were using the same custom map for both tests, I'll double check that setting. Thanks for the idea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist