Buttons on my G940

brettt777

I have a Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle and pedals. I can get the axis to assign and tune no problem. But I can't get all the buttons to work on the F-5. In fact, they don't work on any aircraft. All but a few of them don't come up at all when I try to assign (they all work in other sims). Is there a trick to this? I know in other sims, I have to go into the Logitech Profiler software and assign each button to a command, etc. and I have tried that but it still doesn't work. how do I make the buttons on my G940 show up in DCS?

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

Sounds like the same problem I have, I have had this issue for ages. I get the buttons to assign but I have to push them a couple of thousand times for them to work, its almost like there is some sort of delay. In flight though, once assigned, they work fine.

Actually when I tried it tonight, I found that with a few extra clicks, I could get pretty much all the buttons to work. Then I realized I hadn't started the Logitech profile software. But, it did work although I had two minor issues. For some reason I had to double click the speed brakes to open or close them. Also, the FFB setup I had in the profiler wasn't there. Neither was a huge problem and after some axis tuning, I found out very quickly that the F-5 is an absolute blast to fly! Tomorrow I will try it with a blank profile in the Logitech software and see if multiple clicks gets it going.

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

Actually when I tried it tonight, I found that with a few extra clicks, I could get pretty much all the buttons to work. Then I realized I hadn't started the Logitech profile software. But, it did work although I had two minor issues. For some reason I had to double click the speed brakes to open or close them. Also, the FFB setup I had in the profiler wasn't there. Neither was a huge problem and after some axis tuning, I found out very quickly that the F-5 is an absolute blast to fly! Tomorrow I will try it with a blank profile in the Logitech software and see if multiple clicks gets it going.

Hey man, the speedbrake toggle button has three modes, open, stop and close, so going from close to open needs two click due to stop, and vice versa. It is best to assign seperate buttons for open and close,at least for me!

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

Hey man, the speedbrake toggle button has three modes, open, stop and close, so going from close to open needs two click due to stop, and vice versa. It is best to assign seperate buttons for open and close,at least for me!

I gotcha. Well, the double click is no big deal. As long as it works...

I figured out last night that the buttons on all the devices will only work if I do NOT use the profiler software. No big deal except I like the Logitech FFB setup much better than what DCS World has.

Now if I could just figure the weapons out...

Oh yes, I have never used Logitechs' software a day in my life, anyhow I have put the gun firing stage one to JOY_1 (The first trigger part) and gun firing stage two (actual firing) to JOY_9 (The clicking part in your trigger). If you want any help with how to set up the F-5Es systems / weapons and how to use them you can ask me, I coul also send you my control layout if you would like that. (My layout does have saturation in the throttles and a deadzone in the pitch / yaw though, seeing my FFB has a small deadzone).

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

Hey fellas. I'm a fellow G940 user and I have some insight and also a question for you.

First about the speed brakes thing. All the individual controls are added into the sim so if you built a real cockpit with the appropriate switches you could bind them like they are IRL.

It sounds like you have your buttons or hat set to use:

"Speed Brake Switch - Step Aft" and "Speed Brake Switch - Step Fwd".

I tested this too and it requires a double tap to activate the speed brake.

The controls you want to be using for single click are:

"Speed Brake Switch - IN" and "Speed Brake Switch - OUT"

That should clear up the issue with you speed brake.

=======================

Now on to my issue. I myself do use the Logitech Profiler. I do not use FFB in DCS anymore because all the aircraft don't use it properly and I get tired of switching it off and on when I want to fly something like the Su-27 or the Huey.

So I use LP to adjust the dampening and spring tension only and I have the joystick hat axis stick set to use 4 keyboard keys for up down left and right. This axis hat is what I always assign as my trim switch. It works on every single aircraft in DCS right now except for the F-5.

I have tried holding up down left and right on the trimmer and can see the trimmer on the stick in the sim moving to the appropriate direction so I know its working but it has absolutely no effect on the aircraft.

I then went back into the configuration and assigned the trimmer functions to the castle hat below the axis hat just to see if it was because I was using keyboard keys but it still has no effect on the aircraft. I have asked around if there is some sort of system that has to be turned on in the aircraft for the trimmer to work and everyone is saying no. I have created a quick mission with the Tiger in the air so I would assume that all systems would be ready to go and it doesn't work there either.

But it seems that all the other people I ask have different HOTAS setups and they don't seem to be experiencing this problem at all.

So... is anyone else having this problem with the G940?

Sounds like the same problem I have, I have had this issue for ages. I get the buttons to assign but I have to push them a couple of thousand times for them to work, its almost like there is some sort of delay. In flight though, once assigned, they work fine.

I have this issue also regardless of aircraft. Pressing the button a few times will normally bind the action and there are no real issues once in the sim.

So... I found this thread and it really sounded like it might have been my issue but after doing some testing I can confirm this is not the same issue.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171239

I tried mapping all my controls in the "F-5 Game controls" as well as the "F-5 Sim Controls" and went into options and turned game mode on first. It was already set to off and so was game flight mode. But just for kicks I tested it both ways. Trimmer never effects the aircraft at all. I tried turning off the synchronize HOTAS controls also but that didn't work either.

Just as I was about to give up on this I decided to test this with FFB turned back on. When FFB is on the stick moves like it should to adjust for trim. Well... at least the nose up and down work correctly. The left and right trim are reversed so when you apply right trim you roll left and the opposite is true.

Please someone from BST respond with some kind of notification that your checking this out as this plane is simply not a pleasure to fly when I'm fighting to keep the nose up. :joystick: