Visuals that could be better

Fox One

From the buglist thread:

Breakshute door looks way too illuminated by AB

attachment.php?attachmentid=144904&d=1469310568

My YouTube channel with tutorials and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9DrfLPXfwn2Iy-iANeux8w :pilotfly:

System:

I7 3770K, Asus GTX970, 16GB DDR3, 2x250GB Samsung SSD, 46Inch LG TV main Screen, 2x 24Inch Samsung secondary screens, Thrustmaster Warthog, CH Flight Rudder Peddals Pro, TrackIR 5

This is not necessarily F-5E -specific. In the attached image the pictures have been scaled so the missile body diameter matches the screenshot. It is obvious that canards on the sim model are GIGANTIC. I made some measurements and canards span is approx. 1.5 times bigger than it should!!!

Also about tail wing. Sidewinders have two types of tail wings:

B, E, J, N, P - small tail wings

D, G, H, L, M - big tail wings

As you can see in the image, tail wing span is too big and the wings are too long. Probably modeler took the AIM-9M model and just changed the nose and canards.

1.thumb.jpg.77e1265bfab090d8f5a686c1bd5bce06.jpg

From the buglist thread:

I forgot to mention when I posted that screenshot that the end piece of the arrestor hook also gets the same illumination.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

^^^ BST isn't "required" anything, I'm just pointing out visuals that are demonstrably inaccurate. If BST would do anything about it is up to them.

I'd be cautious about claiming things are "demonstrably inaccurate" when referring the accuracy of a 3D model like this. Especially when your evidence is comparing a screenshot to a photograph. There's too much opportunity for distortion and optical illusions to make this an accurate method.

Maybe the door is highly polished and its reflecting the AB,,,, reduce power to say, 80% and see if the illumination is there.

The cowling of the engines is not occluding the lighting effect. As someone else mentioned this is a engine issue and how it deals with lighting of models (or someone hasn't flagged the cowling properly in the model)

Pilot seems to be too small.

Humans Come in Varying Sizes..... Just Sayin.....

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The cowling of the engines is not occluding the lighting effect. As someone else mentioned this is a engine issue and how it deals with lighting of models (or someone hasn't flagged the cowling properly in the model)

Maybe the door is highly polished and its reflecting the AB,,,, reduce power to say, 80% and see if the illumination is there.

From the buglist thread:

The illumination thingy is an engine "problem" and has nothing to with the module.

Correct, Some Light Sources currently pass through close and/or small object meshes.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

My biggest visual gripes right now are the pilot being too small and the engine smoke seems excessive.. like, sure.. the F-5E is smokey.. but it looks like the damn thing has an engine fire lol

yes, not everyone the same size etc blah blah yadda yadda. still... pilot looks to not be in proportion to me, admittedly only slightly.

Edited by Ovenmit

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]