Thrustmaster Combined Full DX Mapping (extending the 32 DX buttons limit)

Mapkey( &Throttle, IDLERON, PULSE+DX87);

PULSE in capital letters

• Thanks 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• sedenion changed the title to Thrustmaster Combined Full DX Mapping (extending the 32 DX buttons limit)

Again 🙂 its me.

I have another question, i have a lot problems with the uncage /cage button with my F/A-18C Hornet, i use the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthhog throttle, i have it mapped on the china hat button, how should i programm it correctly? Im not really able to align my HMD ingame and have sometimes problems with my mavericks and flir etc uncage /cage / hotas functions.

How should this button be placed in the script?

Pulse+

Hold+

etc....

Thanks in advance for your good support and help.

21 hours ago, GrapeFruiT said:

Again 🙂 its me.

I have another question, i have a lot problems with the uncage /cage button with my F/A-18C Hornet, i use the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthhog throttle, i have it mapped on the china hat button, how should i programm it correctly? Im not really able to align my HMD ingame and have sometimes problems with my mavericks and flir etc uncage /cage / hotas functions.

Pulse+

Hold+

etc....

I think you should describe more precisely what button's behavior you need. I personally don't know how the F-18's "cage / uncage" button is attended to behave and how that work in game, so I can't help you...

On 9/14/2021 at 6:48 PM, GrapeFruiT said:

Again 🙂 its me.

Pulse+

Hold+

etc....

I guess with a PULSE to generate one action to uncage and one to cage. If you don't pulse it will generate pulses as long as it's pressed at the in the script defined rates (standard SetKBRate(25, 35); ).

You can either push the China Hat forward to uncage and backwards to cage or combine both on one button. First time you press it it will uncage, second time it will cage.

Would be something like this:

//MapKey( &Throttle, CHF, SEQ(PULSE+UnCage, PULSE+Cage));

or use the shift statement to combine both action on the same button. press China Hat Forward to UnCage and press S4 (or whatever is defined as the shift button)+China Hat Forward to Cage.

//MapKeyIO( &Throttle, CHF, PULSE+Cage, PULSE+UnCage);

There are other options to if needed.

Edit: I just saw that Cage/UnCage is just one button all together.

In that case: //MapKey( &Throttle, CHF, PULSE+Cage-UnCage); // Replace Cage-UnCage with whatever DX button you have there.

Edited by Lange_666
  • Thanks 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

5 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Edit: I just saw that Cage/UnCage is just one button all together.

In that case: //MapKey( &Throttle, CHF, PULSE+Cage-UnCage); // Replace Cage-UnCage with whatever DX button you have there.

Notice unless specific case, in such configuration on a push button (which automatically release) you don't need PULSE... The logical button (or key stroke) will simply release once you physically release the button.
The PULSE can be interesting for switches (which stay their position indefinitely, letting the key stroke or logical button in pressed state) or for more complexe mapping such as short/long combo (TEMPO), sequences (SEQ), etc...

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, sedenion said:

Notice unless specific case, in such configuration on a push button (which automatically release) you don't need PULSE... The logical button (or key stroke) will simply release once you physically release the button.

And for the F-18 cage button if you want to use it for HMD alignment, it looks like you DON'T want to use PULSE because you need to HOLD the Cage button for alignment, then release it once it's done.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I realized I released my new "Full DX" profil a bit too soon. Especially, before testing it in situ in DCS. For a dark reason, in the first release I decided to not map the Speed Break switch middle position (as China Hat, but this is less problematic)... Wich is perfectly stupid. In correting my mistake I also remarked the AP button of the Simplified mapping was not correctly mapped...

Well, I finaly created a new modified versions with some corrections and minor modifications, and now all switches middle position mapped, even those seem useless at first glance. I also created a new chart, combined with the F-16 and F-18 grip.

All download link still on the first page of this topic.

v1.3 (2021-09-18)
 - Remap to add middle positions for SPD and CH switches
 - Fix AP Long/Short behavior in simplified mapping
 - Increase MSP Long delay by 1.5 times
 - Increase Pulse time to 80Ms
 - New charts

In the MapJoystick you have for the Trim Hat this data

// -- H1 (TRIM) --------------------------------------------------------------
  MapKey( &Dev,    H1U,    DXHATUP);
  MapKey( &Dev,    H1R,    DXHATRIGHT);
  MapKey( &Dev,    H1D,    DXHATDOWN);
  MapKey( &Dev,    H1L,    DXHATLEFT);

How do I get this so I can use it for it's intended function of doing trim (Elevator/Rudder)

I found this script on the JoyStick for the A-10

//Hat 1 is DirecX POV and Hardware Trim--------------------------------------------------------------
MapKey(&Joystick, H1U,REXEC(0, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, -5);"),                        //Trim Down
                        DXHATUP);                                                            //DX POV

MapKey(&Joystick, H1D,REXEC(0, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, 5);"),                            //Trim Up
                        DXHATDOWN);                                                            //DX POV

MapKey(&Joystick, H1L,REXEC(1, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, -5);"),                        //Trim Left
                        DXHATLEFT);                                                            //DX POV

MapKey(&Joystick, H1R,REXEC(1, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, 5);"),                            //Trim Right
                        DXHATRIGHT);                                                        //DX POV

Will something like that work?, and would I just substitute it for the H1(Trim) above?

Thanks, and I did download the latest version today, and thanks for that. 

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

On 9/19/2021 at 3:54 AM, 352nd_Hoss said:

In the MapJoystick you have for the Trim Hat this data

MapKey( &Dev,    H1U,    DXHATUP);
  MapKey( &Dev,    H1R,    DXHATRIGHT);
  MapKey( &Dev,    H1D,    DXHATDOWN);
  MapKey( &Dev,    H1L,    DXHATLEFT);

How do I get this so I can use it for it's intended function of doing trim (Elevator/Rudder)

POV HAT positions are like usual buttons, you can assign them to any command (trim for example) under the DCS controls setup...

On 9/19/2021 at 3:54 AM, 352nd_Hoss said:

I found this script on the JoyStick for the A-10

//Hat 1 is DirecX POV and Hardware Trim--------------------------------------------------------------
MapKey(&Joystick, H1U,REXEC(0, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, -5);"),                        //Trim Down
                        DXHATUP);                                                            //DX POV

MapKey(&Joystick, H1D,REXEC(0, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_Y_AXIS, 5);"),                            //Trim Up
                        DXHATDOWN);                                                            //DX POV

MapKey(&Joystick, H1L,REXEC(1, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, -5);"),                        //Trim Left
                        DXHATLEFT);                                                            //DX POV

MapKey(&Joystick, H1R,REXEC(1, 100, "TrimDXAxis(DX_X_AXIS, 5);"),                            //Trim Right
                        DXHATRIGHT);                                                        //DX POV

Will something like that work?, and would I just substitute it for the H1(Trim) above?

Thanks, and I did download the latest version today, and thanks for that. 

This mapping trim the actual device's X and Y axes, I mean, literally, not only under the game... I don't recommend to use this mapping unless you really have no other choice. And there, I am pretty sure there exists Trim commands within F-18 controls setup that you can assign with POV HAT positions (as usual buttons).

Edited by sedenion

@sedenion Hey i did use your last Config you had reuploaded. But the problem is, when i start it with the editor, i had to exclude some hardware i dont use etc. But when i set the controls, it does always switch to your default presets, what does cause this, even when i safe the controls as *.fcs, and i reload the set buttons, it switches suddenly back to the presets....

So im not really to map my own settings. What do i have to change?

Edited by GrapeFruiT

1 hour ago, GrapeFruiT said:

@sedenion Hey i did use your last Config you had reuploaded. But the problem is, when i start it with the editor, i had to exclude some hardware i dont use etc. But when i set the controls, it does always switch to your default presets, what does cause this, even when i safe the controls as *.fcs, and i reload the set buttons, it switches suddenly back to the presets....

So im not really to map my own settings. What do i have to change?

I am sorry but I don't understand what you are talking about.  Ok I think I understand...

DO NOT use TARGET GUI, use TARGET Script Editor. 

Why do you want to explicitly exclude devices ?

If you want to exclude devices, you have to edit the script by inserting lines just before initialisation:

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
///// Main entry ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
int main()
{
  // insert devices to exclude here

Configure(&HCougar, MODE_EXCLUDED);  //< exclude HOTAS Cougar
  Configure(&T16000, MODE_EXCLUDED);   //< exclude T16000
  Configure(&LMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);     //< exclude Left MFD
  Configure(&RMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);     //< exclude right MFD
  // etc..

if(InitMoreDX(DX_COUNT, &EventHandle, CREATE_JOYSTICK)) //< Init (using DX++ Module)
    return 1;

Edited by sedenion

You did not understand my question, the problem is that you cant change the buttons in dcs. You are able to, but somehow it resets itself back to your scripted presets in dcs.

So im not able to run my own configuration for DCS with your scripts running with the TARGET EDITOR.

Im sorry, i figured out what the problem was, DCS did export my settings as fcs file, then i renamed the name without fcs, and then dcs saved the profile as lua.

Now it should work, im going to test it.

Thx 4 yr support. I tried your new setup v1.3 and i noticed that on the thrusmaster warthhog throttle, there are three buttons/functions missing  (The switch where Autopilot functions are (A10C) Path - ALT/HDG - ALT seems no bind for that. SORRY figured out there is a LASTE MOD to set, ive seen it now in the MOD AP.tmh

Sincerely yours, from a no programmer just virtual pilot guy.

And now i noticed when i map buttons in DCS (inside the F18C Sim profile) everything works, when i use combo button functions and set something in general, something happens and then all settings before will be reseted in your pre configured setting for the throttle and joystick, cause of that i lost nearly 2 hours of mapping (4 tries) now im finish with it. I saved my file a few minutes ago, the i did set some in general, did overwrite my file, and then noticed it was reseted shortly before i did overwrite it, now im at point zero again. Im done tonight, fuck.

😞 will go to bed now. What a shitty end for me right now.

Edited by GrapeFruiT

2 hours ago, GrapeFruiT said:

Thx 4 yr support. I tried your new setup v1.3 and i noticed that on the thrusmaster warthhog throttle, there are three buttons/functions missing  (The switch where Autopilot functions are (A10C) Path - ALT/HDG - ALT seems no bind for that.

The default behavior of the AP button and LASTE switch in the Complete variant is a bit uncommon. The AP button act as a latching push button, when you press AP these to status are toggling frome one to the other:

- Buttons 63 (AP Engage) is pressed and 64 (AP Disengage) is released, internal AP status is set to on ON, the Top LED is lighten, the LASTE switch work.

- Buttons 64 (AP Disengage) si presse and 63 (AP Enage) is released, internal AP satus is set to OFF, the top LED is shutdown, the LASTE switch is inactive.

So, to assign LASTE switch in DCS, you first need to activate it by pressing AP one time. Same for assigning buttons 63 and 64, you have to activate and disactivate alternatively to assign each button.

You can disable or modify this behavior, see the related section in the run_*tmc file to changes parameters.

And now i noticed when i map buttons in DCS (inside the F18C Sim profile) everything works, when i use combo button functions and set something in general, something happens and then all settings before will be reseted in your pre configured setting for the throttle and joystick, cause of that i lost nearly 2 hours of mapping (4 tries) now im finish with it. I saved my file a few minutes ago, the i did set some in general, did overwrite my file, and then noticed it was reseted shortly before i did overwrite it, now im at point zero again. Im done tonight, fuck.

The TARGET script has nothing to do with that. The TARGET script have NOT interaction with DCS configurator. This is not "my" preconfigured setting, I did not make any DCS preconfigured setting, these setting are simply the default ones for your installation of DCS. I can't help you here without more detail. All I can tell you, is that DCS store control setting per devices, and when you run a TARGET script, a new virtual combined device is created which is not the usual couple of Joystick + Throttle. Once you stop the TARGET script, the virtual combined device is "disconnected", and the usual joystick + throttle come back. Be sure the script is always running.

Edited by sedenion
  • Thanks 1

@sedenion , thanks for your quick response and support also thanks a lot for your shared work (great respect! ), what would be DCS without its community?!

I tried again, and i could do a work around to configure and save my settings, when i did set the same combo buttons in dcs (as example for external views, i ve been mapping it on a modifier on the joystick + button on the joystick)

When i put the same setting (also for external views)into the configuration of the F/A 18C profile and also in general it caused sometimes the complete reset  with not saving my settings, don't know why, but this happend 4 times. No i did set them to other combo buttons in "general" to keep my settings save. This at the moment worked.

Maybe you can give me a good hint or help me as stupid target user again. 😉

I use 3 MFDs and i already had them configured optimal for dcs, in dcs. When i use the script editor, it put my first and second MFD also in the virtual controller device. But i don't want it as virtual device running through the Target editor. How can i succesfully  exclude them (all MFDs) without destroying anything in your shared (absolutely top work)?

where do i have to change anything? target.tmh? Runcomplete.tmc) Modap.tmh... etc.

Sincerely yours

Edited by GrapeFruiT

3 hours ago, GrapeFruiT said:

I tried again, and i could do a work around to configure and save my settings, when i did set the same combo buttons in dcs (as example for external views, i ve been mapping it on a modifier on the joystick + button on the joystick)

I have to say that, again, I don't understand what you are talking about... Mapping what, where, with what modifier ? I simply just can't understand what you are talking about.

When i put the same setting (also for external views)into the configuration of the F/A 18C profile and also in general it caused sometimes the complete reset  with not saving my settings, don't know why, but this happend 4 times. No i did set them to other combo buttons in "general" to keep my settings save. This at the moment worked.

Again, I don't really understand. DCS automatically save control settings per device. This mean, if you assign buttons and keys for the "Thrustmaster Combined" device, it will save it for THIS device. This mean if you shutdown the TARGET Script, which disconnect the Thrustmaster Combined and plug back the two raw devices, DCS will detect it and switch to the controls saved for the two raw devices. This is why you must run the TARGET Script before you launch DCS or any other game, this way DCS always detect "Thrustmaster Combined".

If you have some troubles with controls, you may try to erase all custom setting and remade all from the beggining. To erase DCS custom control setting, you have to delete the content of the Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input folder.

I use 3 MFDs and i already had them configured optimal for dcs, in dcs. When i use the script editor, it put my first and second MFD also in the virtual controller device. But i don't want it as virtual device running through the Target editor. How can i succesfully  exclude them (all MFDs) without destroying anything in your shared (absolutely top work)?

where do i have to change anything? target.tmh? Runcomplete.tmc) Modap.tmh... etc.

Ok, you also could create a custom mapping function for your MFD, but I understand it is simpler to exclude them from TARGET Script. I explained how to do In my previous post, but I will do again step by step.

You have to edit any of the run_complete.tmc or run_simplified.tmc file you want, or both of them (depending which one you use). Go at the end of file, some line before the end, you will see the following lines :

///// Main entry ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
int main()
{
  if(InitMoreDX(DX_COUNT, &EventHandle, CREATE_JOYSTICK)) //< Init (using DX++ Module)
    return 1;

Then, you have to insert the proper Configure() function calls within the main() function, just before the call to InitMoreDX() function, like that (notice that everything on a line that follows // are comments, not code, you can wipe out if you want)

int main()
{
  Configure(&LMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);     //< exclude Left MFD
  Configure(&RMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);     //< exclude right MFD

return 1;

Edited by sedenion
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

New 1.4 version of the script/profile released.

No much changes, I only added some define and code to easily exclude or include devices from the profile from the main script file. I also set default config to exclude all devices except Warthog Joysticks and Throttle.

• Thanks 1

Sedenion you are a master mind! Thank you so much. Really great effort. I really enjoy your work, makes things so much better in DCS! Im looking forward to try your new version,

just to report, i could not find, i did really try hard to find the issue. When i use the POV Hat Button/ Trim Switch (A-10C / F16 Joystick)(upwards) i did map it in dcs to trim (climb) for the F/A - 18 C, while ingame, its like its stuck  from the beginning and the NU Trim (Nose Up Trim Postion) is always going to maximum, when i would join a flight where i would start in the air, it would keep my plane so straight up and you can trim against it, but its like the button is stuck and its triming non stop to max climb level, when i unmap the button in dcs and set it again, it works usually as it should. Just trims when i push the button. 

My hardware is also not broken and the buttons work as they should, but somehow in DCS using the script this happens.

This happens always using the script editor version 1.3 of your script/profile.

Sincerely yours 

GrapeFruiT

just to report, i could not find, i did really try hard to find the issue. When i use the POV Hat Button/ Trim Switch (A-10C / F16 Joystick)(upwards) i did map it in dcs to trim (climb) for the F/A - 18 C, while ingame, its like its stuck  from the beginning and the NU Trim (Nose Up Trim Postion) is always going to maximum, when i would join a flight where i would start in the air, it would keep my plane so straight up and you can trim against it, but its like the button is stuck and its triming non stop to max climb level, when i unmap the button in dcs and set it again, it works usually as it should. Just trims when i push the button. 

My hardware is also not broken and the buttons work as they should, but somehow in DCS using the script this happens.

I need you to explain more clearly and sequentially what exactly you did and what happen, because your explanation is too fuzzy. I cannot help you if I don't understand your problem.

1) Current setup

Please tell me what POV button you assigned to which DCS TRIM commands (Aircraft, Category, Command name):

Aircraft, Category, TRIM Command 1 name : Assigned POV button

Aircraft, Category, TRIM Command 2 name : Assigned POV button 

etc..

2) Test game behavior

Now explain me exacly what happen when you start a mission with your F-18, starting in middle air:

- Mission start, you are in the F-18 cockpit, you are pressing no button : what happen ?

- Now you pull the TRIM to "Nose Up" one second and release : what happen ?

- Now you push the TRIM to "Nose Down" one second and release : what happen ?

Did things behave as expected, and if not, explain what behavior you expect, and what is not correct for you. Explain how this should behave for you.

3) Test device behavior

Once you started the script within the TARGET Script Editor, open the "Device Analyzer" (search in the TARGET Script Editor toolbar). Here, check the POV Hat behavior:

- Push up the TRIM Hat (POV Up) and release : The green arrow of the POV should appear and disapear

- Pull down the TRIM Hat (POV Down) and release: The green arrow of the POV should appear and disapear

etc.. 

Tell me what happen, did the arrow correctly appear and disappear as you press and release HAT positions ? Did things act as expected for you, and if not, what does not work correctly for you. Explain how this should behave for you.

Edited by sedenion

Hi,

After some private demands and personal experience I modified my script again to include some new features. There is two main changes

• I added long-press mapping for both Left and Right Engine Oper switches IGN position.
  • New S3 Shift (IO Shift) that act on the TRIM Hat ouputs. If S3 is pressed (held) the TRIM Hat output four DX buttons instead of the usual POV Positions. This allow to bind secondary behavior to the TRIM Hat (eg. View move as normal and Trim with S3 In).

As usual, all advanced features can be selectively disabled in the main run_*tmc file by setting the proper define to 0.

v1.5 (2021-10-07)
 - Add optional long-press mapping for EOLIGN and EORIGN switches
 - Add S3 In Shift for alternate TRIM Hat ouput
 - Updated graphical charts

Download Link in the first page.

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 2

Hey Sedenion, thanks for keeping this up to date.  I have been using your script on a warthog set for a few years, never any problem, it just does what it says.  I just had to get a replacement stick and went for the F18 grip.  I was so pleased to see that you have updated the scrip to work with F18, brilliant. And again, a big thank you!

• Like 1

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

On 10/1/2021 at 9:16 AM, GrapeFruiT said:

Sedenion you are a master mind! Thank you so much. Really great effort. I really enjoy your work, makes things so much better in DCS! Im looking forward to try your new version,

This happens always using the script editor version 1.3 of your script/profile.

Sincerely yours 

GrapeFruiT

Hello again, its me. I did try also your new 1.5 version. The problem still occurs. DCS full repair also could't solve this problem. I did also try the device analyser etc. New installation of target etc. also didn't help. And the device analyzer did not show or list any problems. So i can be sure my hotas setup is not broken.

The button im talking about is the H1 Trim hat, (JOY_BTN_POV_1_ D) i did check also the dcs module (F18C, A10, general, UI Layer) buttons. I dont got any double-mappings set for this button.

The problem is, even when you don't map the climb up trim button , when you cold start, hot start, or start right in the air, even flaps on auto, half or full position set in the F/A 18 C, it does continouesly trim up the elevators to max climb level. Means 24 degree, you can watch this on any DDI, in the supt (support page) page on fcs (flight control system). - NU STAB POS (Trim position) also available in the chklst (checklist) page.

Even to clear the flap buttons in dcs results in the same problem.

Even when you push the T/O Trim button (take off trim) means flaps set to half it usually resets the elevator to 12 degree, even after that it trims up to 24 degree, even when you trim against it. The work around is, to clear the button map it again, then trim short against it, and then it works, but the next flight, the same problem happens.

Could it be that the button is set wrong in the script file? Or does it has to do something with pulse / delay time /  tempo time ?

I also disabled all mods, did a dcs full repair, without script and target, it doesn't occure. But i want to use your good script to use all hotass buttons positions and functions. Pls help.

Sincerely yours

if(IO_ENABLE) {
    MapKeyIO( &Dev,  H1U,    DX86,       DXHATUP);
    MapKeyIO( &Dev,  H1R,    DX87,       DXHATRIGHT);
    MapKeyIO( &Dev,  H1D,    DX88,       DXHATDOWN);
    MapKeyIO( &Dev,  H1L,    DX89,       DXHATLEFT);
  } else {
    MapKey( &Dev,    H1U,    DXHATUP);
    MapKey( &Dev,    H1R,    DXHATRIGHT);
    MapKey( &Dev,    H1D,    DXHATDOWN);
    MapKey( &Dev,    H1L,    DXHATLEFT);

Edited by GrapeFruiT

35 minutes ago, GrapeFruiT said:

The problem is, even when you don't map the climb up trim button , when you cold start, hot start, or start right in the air, even flaps on auto, half or full position set in the F/A 18 C, it does continouesly trim up the elevators to max climb level. Means 24 degree, you can watch this on any DDI, in the supt (support page) page on fcs (flight control system). - NU STAB POS (Trim position) also available in the chklst (checklist) page.

Did you mean that once the situmalation is started, the F18's elevators continuously trim even if you press no button ? And did you mean that this happen even if you don't have defined any input to the Trims commands in DCS controls options ? If yes, to me this is technically impossible. Please confirm I well understood you or correct.

Even to clear the flap buttons in dcs results in the same problem.

I don't know what you mean by "clear" in this context, sorry. Wich buttons you talk about ? Physical button on the Warthog ? The commands in DCS's controls options ? What is "same result", what "result" are you talking about.

The work around is, to clear the button map it again, then trim short against it, and then it works, but the next flight, the same problem happens.

Please clarify: You cleared what, where, in what context ? Please, BE THE MOST PRECISE possible.

Could it be that the button is set wrong in the script file? Or does it has to do something with pulse / delay time /  tempo time ?

I am sorry to say that, but since i don't realy understand what is the problem, I don't know... From what I understood at this stage, things looks like more of devil's possession of your Joystick than any logical or technical problem...

Edited by sedenion

1 hour ago, sedenion said:

Did you mean that once the situmalation is started, the F18's elevators continuously trim even if you press no button ? YES! And did you mean that this happen even if you don't have defined any input to the Trims commands in DCS controls options ? If yes, to me this is technically impossible. Please confirm I well understood you or correct. YES, for real, and when i clear / unbind empty the trim button, and set it again, samething happens, it starts continously to trim up again, but this time, you are able to stop it by triming against it for a second, then it works as it should, but also when you start a new flight, or spawn new, same shit again.

You understand correct. This really happens. Just try it out yourself.

I don't know what you mean by "clear" in this context, sorry. Wich buttons you talk about ? Physical button on the Warthog ? The commands in DCS's controls options ? What is "same result", what "result" are you talking about.

Please clarify: You cleared what, where, in what context ? Please, BE THE MOST PRECISE possible.

To clear was meant to leave the binds empty. The result means the same thing happens. When you push also the T/O (Take off Trim button) it sets the plane to 12 degree, but at the same time it trims again up to 24, you can trim against it, but still when you stop triming against it, it will reach again max lvl climb.

I am sorry to say that, but since i don't realy understand what is the problem, I don't know... From what I understood at this stage, things looks like more of devil's possession of your Joystick than any logical or technical problem...

Yeah this could also be, but the joystick doesn't result into this without target... 😞 also as a christian, the devil has no chance against me or my hardware 🙂

And also this drives me weird, this is fucking crazy

Edited by GrapeFruiT

I also know this seems to be unbelievable, yesterday i thought after the full dcs repair the problem was fixed, it was gone, and suddenly it appeared today again, while in a flight sqadron event, this is like murphey's law happening, always when its important. The strange thing is, for now it suddenly dissappeared, i have to check it out again, and make sure, the deamon fucks off out of my joystick...i will report back again.