A serious discussion

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this threads pretty much run its course now any chance of ED or anyone who can get in touch with ED, since their again notable for their absence here, let us know if theres any LOMAC fixes in BS which will justify non-helo fans buying it. Getting tired of helo and vehicle pics.

• ED Team

Im a helo fan Chicote and i still bought LO and FC because i want to support ED because they are still on the market of simulations where otheres pulled out years ago.

Yes they games have still bugs and im disappointed with many things which ED isnt fixing but at the end they at least produce nice games for us simmers. If ED pulls out of the market which producer will be still there ?

So lets hope ED learns out of they mistakes in the feature and lets be happy that they are out there at least. ^^

Yes they games have still bugs and im disappointed with many things which ED isnt fixing but at the end they at least produce nice games for us simmers. If ED pulls out of the market which producer will be still there ?

Actually there are quite a few in the pipeline and there will be a few more.

For starters.

BOB:Sow

RRG are making a serperate simulation based on the BOB engine (Rumored to be an early era combat jet sim)

Fighter ops.

continuation of f4

just to name a few.

The market is healtier than it was some time ago. And it will only get more prolific as deveolpers realise (through the fanfare that M$X and X plane 8.4) are producing.

There is a huge market out there for sims, and there is a growing host of deveolpers trying to cash in on it. Its not a time where a deveolper would want to get a bad name for poor performance in view of upcoming competition.

I will ask you one question based on what is a hot topic at moment (F4:AF vs LOMAC)

IF the F4:AF team said that on january 1st they will release an all new flight sim with all the bells and whistles that curently is possilbe.

And then.

IF ED team said that on january 1st they will release an all new flight sim with all the bells and whistles that currently is possible.

Based on their past performance of supporting their product, community involvement, and features that work. Which one would you be more inclined to try / buy first.

IF the F4:AF team said that on january 1st they will release an all new flight sim with all the bells and whistles that curently is possilbe.

Where did that rumour come from? There are no indication whatsoever that they have donne any significant work much less to release a new SIM. January is practicaly arround the corner in terms of SIM production and there isnt a single progress report nor pics, wich by this time should already be making the name of the new product.

Fighter ops is doing the same for many months and god knows how many years it will take to release anything at all.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• ED Team

[qute]Based on their past performance of supporting their product, community involvement, and features that work. Which one would you be more inclined to try / buy first.

I will be honest with you on this one.

I will buy both because i want them to stay in the market.

I would like to try first the one which has the more favourite plane for me.

Example: Ka-50 ( ED ) and F-18 ( LP ) = KA-50

Ka-50 ( ED ) and F-15 E ( LP ) = F-15 E

Where did that rumour come from? There are no indication whatsoever that they have donne any significant work much less to release a new SIM. January is practicaly arround the corner in terms of SIM production and there isnt a single progress report nor pics, wich by this time should already be making the name of the new product.

Fighter ops is doing the same for many months and god knows how many years it will take to release anything at all.

No Rumour, it was a ficticious scenario to judge the opinions over how the pubilc refer to each respective developer. Ie. Do you think ED would look after the product and customer base better then LP ?

He's not saying that they are - just that he thinks that as a team they produce better sims & that if they & ED released what they both claimed were killer sims on the same day, he'd buy the F4:AF release - simple baiting.

WETA if you want to try and put words into my mouth, then please take you opinions elsewhere. Whatever your fanatacism / blind devotion / misguided judggement / illconceived notions (choose the most applicable).

I did not state that i prefer AF over ED nor am i baiting. The only baiting i see being done is you by trying to sway others to your point of view by misqouting my words.

I don't even own AF. I have researched AF as i am interested in buying it and i used it purely as an option in the above scenario as the two games are often pitted against each other. Both Developers also seem to share a different business approach to their product which is evedent in the support and forums. And that was the relevance in the topic's debate.

I have been polite, couteous and i expect the same.

AF support is very good indeed, but let's consider something here: AF is not introducing too much new stuff.

ED is basically in the process or tearing out and revamping their engine(s). Yes, one piece at a time, unfortunately, but those pieces are in no way small.

Perhaps I have a different perspective on it though ...

About the previous posts: Yep, I was sadly thinking of fighters only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Nah, radar doesn't see through mountains. That bug -was- there, but it was fixed -very- quickly.

Really? When do you think it first appeared and when do you think it was fixed?

About the previous posts: Yep, I was sadly thinking of fighters only.

OK, then just apply the question to fighters.