Making a Quick Reference Checklist for the F-5E

autogyro

Hi all, I'm making a F-5E quick reference checklist but I can't figure out the correct resolution as in game it's significantly blurry even though the file is a 3000 x 4000 pixel image so the 3:4 aspect ratio should be correct. If anybody had any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

I intend to eventually make a suite of pages for the F-5E including emergency checklists and bombing tables if people like it and I can fix the blurry issue.

Here's the first page for you to tinker with:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/134423988830076928/207609131014553601/0-1.jpg

Just drop it into your:

... <User>\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\F-5E-3 folder.

I tried to download the Kneeboard builder but got a Malware warning on the download link.

Is that path correct? I don't have SAVED GAMES\DCS\Kneeboard\F5-E-3 folder in that path.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Is that path correct? I don't have SAVED GAMES\DCS\Kneeboard\F5-E-3 folder in that path.

Yes you'll need to create the folders if they are not there. I had to create a Kneeboard folder and the F-5E-3 subfolder in my case.

Yes you'll need to create the folders if they are not there. I had to create a Kneeboard folder and the F-5E-3 subfolder in my case.

Thank-you, sir.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Hi all,

I've now completed the Normal Procedures Checklist. If there's further interest I'll also release the Emergency Procedures Checklist as well as Bombing Tables in a concise and quick to read format.

Please download the Normal Procedures zip file from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxn37IgsfpTeX095R01qUlVXczQ/view?usp=sharing

As noted above, save the files into:

... <User>\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\F-5E-3 folder.

You should be able to use them straight from the kneeboard, it should be the 3 pages right after the ground crew adjustment key command page.

... If there's further interest I'll also release the Emergency Procedures Checklist as well as Bombing Tables in a concise and quick to read format...

Even though I don't use the kneeboard at all (I use my iPad for that as it's a lot easier to read and works well with my cockpit) I appreciate you doing this and know many other will use this even if they don't post here saying so. Keep up the good work!:thumbup:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

For a version covering just the basics (Startup, Taxi, Prep-takeoff, Takeoff, Prep-Landing and Landing) you could try the attached. Unzip to

C:\[yourname]\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\

Note, it will ADD to anything you have there already so you may want to temporarily rename your F-5E-3 folder to F-5E-3_bak while you try out the attached. Open the kneeboard and page forward, it all appears right there before those maps pages and once you 'know' the procedures you could remove it.

I also recommend kneeboard-builder for repositioning/resizing the kneeboard but I don't know if it falls foul of Integrity Check.

F-5E-3.zip

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit