Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 8

gregzagk

@Greg

Red still isn't able to refuel at FARPs. I can see the fuel truck right on top of the FARP. The ground crew still says after requesting fuel "unable to comply". I tried at a few FARPs, and nothing. I really have no idea what the problem could be. As long as the FARP is "Russian" and the fuel truck is also "Russian" should be ok? Very strange though...

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Greg

Red still isn't able to refuel at FARPs. I can see the fuel truck right on top of the FARP. The ground crew still says after requesting fuel "unable to comply". I tried at a few FARPs, and nothing. I really have no idea what the problem could be. As long as the FARP is "Russian" and the fuel truck is also "Russian" should be ok? Very strange though...

Reaper6

Didn't have time to check yet.

Will possible be ok by tomorrow.

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I played some Blueflag last night and first time on RED , i was half expecting them to speak russian on TS... :)

anyway was fun for a change to attack from the east and park near all those SU27`s on maykop

Edited by T_A

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lets hire a female voice actor for GCI just for a Weekend and have a blast, Either that or Kermit the Frog!

Also - I believe only way to make reaper6(Ka-50 HERO) combat ineffective is to get a female GCI :P MUHAHAHAHAHA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have it able to be called up like a bomber. It goes and circles at a mid point between an airbase and the call position for a time 20 or 30 min. Then cannot be called for another 20 or 30 after it lands.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Have it able to be called up like a bomber. It goes and circles at a mid point between an airbase and the call position for a time 20 or 30 min. Then cannot be called for another 20 or 30 after it lands.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Exactly :thumbup: You can limit its fuel amount surely? :thumbup:

Edit: Plus you can destroy it if you crash into the boom hehe.

Edited by Coxy_99

Well I think that the additional scripts and AI on the map are not worth it, I always run out of missiles before I run out of fuel, sure it would be fun to have the option, but I am here since round 5 and would have needed it only once, and that only because no one bothered to show up on the farp I was flying CAP over ( friend or foe)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

I personally can't see a scenario where we would need AAR for blueflag

I can, there were plenty of times where I was flying CAP and still had a few missiles left that I could have gone and refueled and stayed on station vs flying all the way back to base leaving my CAS undefended.

Looks like an interesting series of changes for the upcoming campaign! Looking forward to it!

I don't know how often you are flying in the round when it's actually up but what I'm seeing as a whole are that those that don't fly much are all for this "goofy" heaters/guns only setup while those of us that are pretty much on daily for it are against it and want more reality and less "gamey".

Sorry for the huge sentence. lol

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I don't know how often you are flying in the round when it's actually up but what I'm seeing as a whole are that those that don't fly much are all for this "goofy" heaters/guns only setup while those of us that are pretty much on daily for it are against it and want more reality and less "gamey".

Sorry for the huge sentence. lol

Why does it have to be completely true to life?

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All gazelles should be on all airports, you need 6 gazelles to have the same firepower as a single KA50. This is a serious statement.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The SA342Mistral spawns at "SB-SK_blue_GZM Sukhumi Babushara" FARP on "Operation Blue Flag ver5.6MorO" are exploding immediately on spawning.

Thanks will check tonight along with the refuel issue.

Greg

Blue Flag Round 8 Statistics

Round 8 lasted 17 days (29/07 - 14/08 ).

Blue pilots registered: 970

Red pilots registered: 505

Total registrations: 1475

Unassigned: 975

*players that entered the server but didn't register.

Total traffic in the server along with the unassigned players: 2450

Daily pilot numbers in the server (Blue vs Red & Total): LINK

Previous Blue Flag rounds archive: LINK

Once again thanks for your participation and support! Round 9 is on the works along with some other future events.

Stay tuned.

The "buddyspike" team

Xcom, Greg, Crash, Ciribob

Edited by gregzagk

I got a feeling Round 9 will see quite a big change in Blue/Red ratio.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not if it's Korea ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes currently it's even (Blue: 162, Red: 168 ).

It has to do a lot with the new modules that people want to fly as they recently bought them.

This means of course that they are less experienced in them.

Greg

for a change:

Blue: M2000, A-10C, Gazelle & Huey + HAWK, no FC3

Red: SU-27, MiG-21 and MiG-28, KA-50 & MI-8 + L-39, no more FC3 except SU-27

This should even out the numbers pretty easy

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

for a change:

Blue: M2000, A-10C, Gazelle & Huey + HAWK, no FC3

Red: SU-27, MiG-21 and MiG-28, KA-50 & MI-8 + L-39, no more FC3 except SU-27

This should even out the numbers pretty easy

Blue: M2000 vs Red: SU-27

Haha, that's funny. It would only work if somehow Greg will find a way to limit number of R-27s it could carry.

MiG-29A/S on the other hand will do the trick.

Hey Greg, I happen to agree that colours are polarising and have negative impact to side balancing, It's not that people won't fly the campaign, its that you might get less 'them and us' and people will realise its a game not a political statement. For example...who is blue and red in Case Blue? It would not be a game changer, it would be a removal of boundaries and be more about what airframes someone wanted to fly than what country they wanted to represent, because that does affect people.

+1 for Orange/green and blending airframes. If they are confused, will only balance better.

This would be a game changer. People will be confused. Huge change :D

Come on, the ones that want to benefit of what the campaign offers, train and have fun, won't stick to something like that.

People were asking for a dynamic pvp campaign. One year ago there was no Blue Flag and now we won't fly cause of colours? :doh: As explained before, Mirage along with the other attackers were available in both sides. We only did NATO vs Russia in round 8.

Even in real world, coalitions & alliances change all the time. Can't we simply enjoy a pvp campaign in a flight simulator that host various concepts from time to time? Feedback & asking for changes/features is good but keep in mind that the number of players is big and everyone would like to do the campaign in a different style.

Greg

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hey Greg, I happen to agree that colours are polarising and have negative impact to side balancing, It's not that people won't fly the campaign, its that you might get less 'them and us' and people will realise its a game not a political statement. For example...who is blue and red in Case Blue? It would not be a game changer, it would be a removal of boundaries and be more about what airframes someone wanted to fly than what country they wanted to represent, because that does affect people.

+1 for Orange/green and blending airframes. If they are confused, will only balance better.

+1 :thumbup:

★ВАРЯГ★

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]