Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 8

gregzagk

Originally Posted by BodyOrgan View Post

Greg, can we have the team colors changed to something less polarizing? The statement above while it may be in jest is pretty on point with a lot of people. Just a few posts earlier we already see how the French don't want to fly because their Mirage was moved to Redfor.

Green vs Orange / Purple vs Pink / Brown vs Yellow ... Etc etc etc.

This would be a game changer. People will be confused. Huge change

Come on, the ones that want to benefit of what the campaign offers, train and have fun, won't stick to something like that.

People were asking for a dynamic pvp campaign. One year ago there was no Blue Flag and now we won't fly cause of colours? As explained before, Mirage along with the other attackers were available in both sides. We only did NATO vs Russia in round 8.

Even in real world, coalitions & alliances change all the time. Can't we simply enjoy a pvp campaign in a flight simulator that host various concepts from time to time? Feedback & asking for changes/features is good but keep in mind that the number of players is big and everyone would like to do the campaign in a different style.

This would be a game changer. People will be confused. Huge change :D

Come on, the ones that want to benefit of what the campaign offers, train and have fun, won't stick to something like that.

People were asking for a dynamic pvp campaign. One year ago there was no Blue Flag and now we won't fly cause of colours? :doh: As explained before, Mirage along with the other attackers were available in both sides. We only did NATO vs Russia in round 8.

Even in real world, coalitions & alliances change all the time. Can't we simply enjoy a pvp campaign in a flight simulator that host various concepts from time to time? Feedback & asking for changes/features is good but keep in mind that the number of players is big and everyone would like to do the campaign in a different style.

Greg

This is actually a thing. And more people then you think do this. How many times i have asked to balance the teams and somebody just plainly refuses because it's red side or blue side!!!!!!! Even a lot of veterans. I call it color bias. It shows a lot on how people think. :doh: :helpsmilie:

I even put up a request for it to ED once somewhere. It's kind of a silly thing to ask, but it's totally necessary.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Greg, I happen to agree that colours are polarising and have negative impact to side balancing, It's not that people won't fly the campaign, its that you might get less 'them and us' and people will realise its a game not a political statement. For example...who is blue and red in Case Blue? It would not be a game changer, it would be a removal of boundaries and be more about what airframes someone wanted to fly than what country they wanted to represent, because that does affect people.

+1 for Orange/green and blending airframes. If they are confused, will only balance better.

This. I'm all in favour of orange versus green because red versus blue is indeed polarizing. I chose to join blufor purely on reflex, since i live in a western country. And as long as one airframe isn't on both sides, I wouldn't mind mixing it up a little with a mix of eastern and western aircrafts on each side. It would probably balance the rounds making for more interesting gameplay and stop the teamstacking on the blue side.

Edited by WHOGX5

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Is this real? People are offended by colours? :lol:

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes it is very real, there are people who fly the mirage that refuse to play because it is now labeled as RED

"Tell me that's a joke right ?... What the heck is currently happening ?! If things are defined like this, I'll probably pass that round 9, I mean it, I do find no interest at all in such scenerio, neither my squadron. I don't know what came up in admins mind with that initiative, I really don't get it. Moving the M2KC in the REDFOR was maybe the biggest move which makes me really doubt of BS realism fidelity."

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2878123&postcount=1187

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Yes it is very real, there are people who fly the mirage that refuse to play because it is now labeled as RED

:huh:

That's pretty childish to be honest. But nobody forces them to fly the Mirage. There are enough other planes on blue.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Greg, don't tell me, I don't care, but other people do care.

When it comes to teamcolors I am basically a dog but it is a sad reality that people do identify and boost their ego with certain coalitions in computer games. That is all I was pointing out, it is also one of the reasons why we have a drought of players on red side during american prime time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"DCS World is the main public build, it has nothing to do with being stable" -Bignewy

Greg, don't tell me, I don't care, but other people do care.

When it comes to teamcolors I am basically a dog but it is a sad reality that people do identify and boost their ego with certain coalitions in computer games. That is all I was pointing out, it is also one of the reasons why we have a drought of players on red side during american prime time.

Well, that's their problem then.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, that's their problem then.

I agree, but as organisers of a public pvp event that is maybe something the BuddySpike team could keep in mind.

I have seen other events where there were all kinds of different colors and airframes pittet against each other, and that seemed to work out just fine.

Especially with the future modules that are coming up, it will be very hard to justify sticking to NATO vs Warsaw Pact in my opinion, so it is worth discussing/thinking about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That is all I was pointing out, it is also one of the reasons why we have a drought of players on red side during american prime time.

With all due respect Skipper, I don't think there is any kind of political problem. As Greg said before, it's more or less about new modules being introduced for BlueFor and players want to fly them and not sfm rusty FC3 counterparts.

And changing Red vs Blue to Orange vs Green is just too ridiculous, since it won't solve the problem. Hell, we might even come to Carebear's funs versus MLP lovers down this road.

Yes please, i can only get to 124 and 126MHz with manual , but in Mirage you can only set manual with one radio. so the other radio is not used

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With all due respect Skipper, I don't think there is any kind of political problem. As Greg said before, it's more or less about new modules being introduced for BlueFor and players want to fly them and not sfm rusty FC3 counterparts.

And changing Red vs Blue to Orange vs Green is just too ridiculous, since it won't solve the problem. Hell, we might even come to Carebear's funs versus MLP lovers down this road.

I was making more of a general observation from my perspective across rounds 5-8, the time I have been a part of this event. I'm in no way saying that is the one and only factor, and it might be negligible as you suggest.

The lack of high fidelity modules for Red in round 8 was probably the primary reason for the numbers disparity, I think everyone can agree on that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks will check tonight along with the refuel issue.

Greg

I think you have the ATMZ-5 at the FARPs, maybe try the ATMZ-10? I have no idea what the problem could be. Unless you put a different member of the coalition as the vehicles other than Russian. We are working around it by just loading wing tanks and filling up that way. Takes a bit longer, but it works. Anyway, thanks again for all you and your teams hard work putting this together.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

The lack of high fidelity modules for Red in round 8 was probably the primary reason for the numbers disparity, I think everyone can agree on that.

I agree with you, yet from my experience flying WWII era air-frames I can say that attempt to fix a broken balance by adding La-Fünf an groß Yak-Ein to a blue side is the worst idea ever.

Just to clarify, I'm OK with restriction of any new module as "limited availability" for one side or another, but I'm against allowing anyone to fly everything. I've tried it before I know how it ends.

All gazelles should be on all airports, you need 6 gazelles to have the same firepower as a single KA50. This is a serious statement.

6 Gazelles equal 1 Ka50? Aren't they able to spawn 4 Gazelles and 4 Hueys at each FARP, where we can only spawn 2? Even though it would suit my needs, I'm not sure I'm on board with making available Helis at all airfields. And purely having Blue able to spawn Helis at all airbases and not Red I am definitely not on board with that one. Aren't Gazelles also able to carry a Man-Pads?

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

While I would not say that you need 6 Gazelles to have the impact of a single KA-50, I too think that it was a misstake to give the Ka-50 the ability to call in bomber strikes. Considering the power of the Shark's rockets and gun I always thought of the recon ability of the Gazelle als the balancing factor between the two.

The other factor to consider is that Blue already has a (well deserved) advantage in sheer number of Helos that can spawn at a farp, thanks to the amount of different versions of Gazelles that get slots at a farp, which enables Blue to set up defenses extremely quickly and efficiently (which I consider the second balancing factor between Gazelle and Ka-50).

I just see the Helo setup of Blue and Red as asymetrical. Red has a better offensive Helo setup (Ka-50/Mi-8 can kill a lot of stuff on the ground, travel faster to targets), while Blue has a better defensive setup (more Helos that can carry stuff, very maneuverable and with the Gazelles, especially the Mistral, very dangerous in Helo combat, even against jets now).

TL;DR: Take away the recon ability from the Ka-50, let Blue keep a few more Helo slots than Red and we're peachy IMO. :) And with the L-39 Red can still call in bomber strikes, it's just a lot more dangerous but at the same time a lot of fun to pull off.

Sure they can, the question is: is pilot able to land Gazelle intact on any kind of terrain and surface in time? As for this moment Gazelle is extremely fragile compared to UH-1H/Mi-8

Not to sound like a troll but, adding more Gazelles is going to fix this problem? I don't have the Gazelle, and honestly have no plans on buying the thing. I'm sure being it's a new module, it's going to have bugs or whatever. But could landing the Gazelle without damage be done with practice or training? I know it took me a while to land the Shark without damage back in the day.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

While I would not say that you need 6 Gazelles to have the impact of a single KA-50, I too think that it was a misstake to give the Ka-50 the ability to call in bomber strikes. Considering the power of the Shark's rockets and gun I always thought of the recon ability of the Gazelle als the balancing factor between the two.

The other factor to consider is that Blue already has a (well deserved) advantage in sheer number of Helos that can spawn at a farp, thanks to the amount of different versions of Gazelles that get slots at a farp, which enables Blue to set up defenses extremely quickly and efficiently (which I consider the second balancing factor between Gazelle and Ka-50).

I just see the Helo setup of Blue and Red as asymetrical. Red has a better offensive Helo setup (Ka-50/Mi-8 can kill a lot of stuff on the ground, travel faster to targets), while Blue has a better defensive setup (more Helos that can carry stuff, very maneuverable and with the Gazelles, especially the Mistral, very dangerous in Helo combat, even against jets now).

TL;DR: Take away the recon ability from the Ka-50, let Blue keep a few more Helo slots than Red and we're peachy IMO. :) And with the L-39 Red can still call in bomber strikes, it's just a lot more dangerous but at the same time a lot of fun to pull off.

I personally am ok with taking away the bomber from the Ka50, for me personally it is useless. Unless I want to divert enemy fighters from an area, I hardly use it. Also, just to note that they have added more buildings to airfields. So no longer can a single Ka50 pilot destroy an airfield. Actually I should say... The Ka50 still can take down an airfield on his own, but it is very difficult compared to previous rounds.

Just to note as well, if I am correct the Gazelle is multirole? So having two sets of eyes would be an advantage over the Ka50, If using the correct tactics. I think at least from my view, that is where Blue Heli pilots are lacking, not machinery.

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Not to sound like a troll but, adding more Gazelles is going to fix this problem? I don't have the Gazelle, and honestly have no plans on buying the thing. I'm sure being it's a new module, it's going to have bugs or whatever. But could landing the Gazelle without damage be done with practice or training? I know it took me a while to land the Shark without damage back in the day.

Reaper6

1) I don't think it will fix the problem. As for now it's much more complicated and limited in terms of a combat appliance. But since the multi-crew is already in open-beta stage this might change.

2) Practice surely helps, but still it requires a lot of practice. The main issue is if the one has even a slightest side-slip it would most likely result in a crash. So yes, it's either auto-hover landing or decent amount of practice.

Feel free to ask. I only have about 10 hours of flight time in Gazelle, but maybe I still can help you with something.

Just to note as well, if I am correct the Gazelle is multirole? So having two sets of eyes would be an advantage over the Ka50, if using the correct tactics. I think at least from my view, that is where Blue Heli pilots are lacking, not machinery.

Reaper6

Well, yes, It is definitely an advantage to have a second pair of eyes and it makes shooting on the go with the Gazelle much more viable for sure, but you also have to consider that basically takes up a player slot. Is a second pair of eyes more valuable than a whole other Gazelle/Jet? Probably not. ;)

1) I don't think it will fix the problem. As for now it's much more complicated and limited in terms of a combat appliance. But since the multi-crew is already in open-beta stage this might change.

2) Practice surely helps, but still it requires a lot of practice. The main issue is if the one has even a slightest side-slip it would most likely result in a crash. So yes, it's either auto-hover landing or decent amount of practice.

Feel free to ask. I only have about 10 hours of flight time in Gazelle, but maybe I still can help you with something.

From what I've read the Polychop dudes have already addressed the grass problem and you can even do sliding landings now since the last big patch. I didn't have a chance to try it, yet, so no promises. ^^ But even before I found it to be quite possible to land on grass, you just had to be ultra careful about it. Most of the time I just landed on roads/rooftops or something to be completely safe.

Well atleast BLUFOR has the numbers to send out 6 gazelles :P

I'm not sure but maybe we could just change the targets for BLUFOR/REDFOR so they would match the module comming to kill it.. Even though I think we should stay away balance, shut up, fight like a man I do after many rounds in REDFOR begin to understand the idiocrazy settings we sometimes have to live/die with ^^

All gazelles should be on all airports, you need 6 gazelles to have the same firepower as a single KA50. This is a serious statement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, yes, It is definitely an advantage to have a second pair of eyes and it makes shooting on the go with the Gazelle much more viable for sure, but you also have to consider that basically takes up a player slot. Is a second pair of eyes more valuable than a whole other Gazelle/Jet? Probably not. ;)

Depends on how you look at it I guess. There has been several times I have encountered multiple Gazelles. Generally they are easier to spot that way, because they fly so close together. It would be about the same as having 2 Ka50s in the same area, or even a Ka50 and an Mi8. I personally don't want another Heli flying anywhere close to me, so I make them stay back a few hundred meters. Having multi-role does take away from having an additional aircraft, however sometimes fewer is better.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"