skin installation and selection

dave76

You can also unzip them to DCS\Bazar\Liveries\[plane name]\ folder. There's also a third possible location on C:\drive in SvedGames\DCS\ folder, but I don't remember the path exactly. All and all, three alternatives to choose from.

Skin selection is done in mission editor, in plane properties tab.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys when you get to the Mission Briefing Screen there's a middle button at the bottom of the screen that allows you to access the mission in order to change weapons load out. In that screen there's some icons in the bottom right side, right above a box. One of those icons looks like a star. Click on it and the small box changes showing the skins of the aircraft. Look below the aircraft for a drop down menu.

1st pic when you get to this screen click bottom middle button....Mission Planner

Screen_160918_235904.jpg

2nd Screen look at red arrow and click that icon then your aircraft will appear and under that is a drop down with all the skins.

Screen_16.jpg

3rd after selecting the skin here in the screen below:

Screen_160919_001103.jpg

Then Click the green check mark and then save....Now go kick some butt!

Screen_160919_001207.jpg

Edited by uscstaylor

!Thank's uscstaylor, for the explanation and the effort You spent giving me this reply. I downloaded from the DCS User's File thinggy the Huey '(red, white and blue)Uncle Sam Skin" for my Huey and put it in the proper folder, I will try Your suggestion tonight and report back.. Thank's Again......

!uscstaylor, Thank You so much for helping me solve this what now seem to be a very simple problem. I followed your tutorial and found the drop down menu that's selects the skins. I even found the cuctom 'Huey Uncle Sam' skin listed in the menu. You should post Your tutorial for other noobs like me it did the job. I will remove the instructions post by me before Your's that I tried to help JaySmizzie with so that it won't confuse another person heeding help.