Project Cy-27

StrikeMax

I agree the plane does look stunning. I was wondering when SIM's would use actual digitized skins. I remenber there some back in the DOS times but they looked awfull and developersswiched back to traditional methods of texturing. That untill now. I think they will potentialy look far better and make the traditional skins look like out of comic books.

All credits to you strikemax, cheers.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To strikemax, can we get some more screenshots of the canopy? The first picture made the glass canopy look very white due to the glare. I was wondering can you make it more transparent something like this

su27fbr_04.jpg

that's why I'm asking for some more screens since it may have been that particular angle since the second picture looked fine.

Second question, hows the gears coming along? I would figure that would be a b*tch to model, with all the wires and lights like this

Su11.jpg

Su4.jpg

Third, do you plan to model the inside of the engine? For example when you look at the Su-25T's intakes, you can see very faintly something spinning. The same applies if you look into the exhaust. Because if you did model that, it would be crazy yet awesome.

And to other modelers or strike, i know the cockpit is hard coded but is it possible to replace an existing cockpit. To my knowledge you can't add new cockpits but can we replace old ones? Like since the Su-27 cockpit we have now is not 6dof, if someone were to create another su-27 cockpit and replace it, would we get 6dof and still have our instruments work properly? It would be cool to have these types of angles

Su6.jpg

These pics came from

http://www.cgtalk.ru/exc.php?id=sds

and

http://www.meshfactory.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22_24&products_id=435

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eh eh, calm down guys... The pics of SuperKungFu are not from StrikeMax, but form another 3d model (a commercial one). But I think that the StrikeMax model can be even better!

We're aware of that..

We're excited about the initial post.

SU-30MKI

simvavatarhornetqg8.jpg

F/A-18F

...Beauty, grace, lethality.

Working on NoseGear Assembly.

Sorry for not updating sooner. Was quite busy.

I can see that you've posted many remarks re. details. Well, The most difficult decision for me is choosing what parts to model "fine" and what to model "coarse". I know I will exceed the 50,000 poly. quota by 10-20% but not more than that.

to SK. Thank you for that superb model pics you posted, But I bet that the Nose Gear alone is almost 50,000 polys if not more.Add to that 2 main gears, and you will get a enourmous FPS hit when in Landing configuration. Not mentioning the possibility of your wingman landing with you at highest LOD.

Also, do not worry much about the canopy glass color tint or transparency, these are easy to modify.

Re. posting more screenshots(ingame), I have many, but all taken from the same session, there would be no "update" value to it( besides, the other side is not properly textured ;) ).

Attached is what Im working on right now:

WIP220906nosegr.jpg.d434997533f836016212efc2f2dac0f5.jpg

sig3small320x1503vh3.jpg

Keep up the good work :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

how many polys is the Su 25ut model,will Su 27 have more polys,will Su 27 be even more detailed, will there be high res detailed skins like on Su 25ut,I want Soviet Era Su 27 skins, can we get those! Can someone give me a rough estimate on when this model will be released!!!

I'm afraid so, that's why I wanted to see 2D wireframe shots, front, side, top, cuz something is wrong. You can easily see it when you check the line that starts from the top of the nose, and goes via canopy, via belly of the plane. I hope you know what I mean. This is not correct Flanker geometry. I might be wrong, screnshots could loose aspect ratio or something...

that's why I need to see those technical views.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

It might be the camoflague skin that is making it look confusing and difficult to judge? it does look like it could be mishapen but that might only be because you have mentioned it that i think that or it could be the camera viewpoint on lockon like theres no sense of perspective or over done perspective hard to describe what i think i can see.

do post a wire frame though would be better to know sooner before lots more work goes into it.

Why don't you try to be more specific? if you really know what ur talkin about.

OK, i try to describe it but my english not so good. First of all,in this model has uncorrectly modeled nose of the plane, angle of the inclanation not so big it must be bigger and then nose will stand lowwer.Then it has some problems with his tail. The tail of Su-27 has another shape.Some more screen shots please

I think it would help if you guys provided some pictures of what the the problem appears to be with a real Su-27 and point it out to Strikemax rather than just saying it with words. Again, strike already said those pics are compressed that's why the star and such looks narrow. So give strike some hard evidence so he can pinpoint what you guys are talking about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]