Su-30 Mod

Spad

Just a quick querry.

I am a ground pounder by nature but am slowly learning air to air.

I noticed there is an Su-30 Mod, but I would like to know is.....Will all the weapons systems be available to the Su-30 that are avialiable to it in the real world or will it just default to the weapons available to the Su27/33?

Also why cant the Eagle Dynamic guys do an Su-32 and Su-30 for LOMAC? Fair enought the A10 and Su25 are fun to fly but I like to be able to slam the throttles open and scarper when fighters show up!! :thumbup:

Thaks guys

Spad

:pilotfly:

Just a quick querry.

I am a ground pounder by nature but am slowly learning air to air.

I noticed there is an Su-30 Mod, but I would like to know is.....Will all the weapons systems be available to the Su-30 that are avialiable to it in the real world or will it just default to the weapons available to the Su27/33?

Also why cant the Eagle Dynamic guys do an Su-32 and Su-30 for LOMAC? Fair enought the A10 and Su25 are fun to fly but I like to be able to slam the throttles open and scarper when fighters show up!! :thumbup:

Thaks guys

Spad

:pilotfly:

How you want to simulate 2 seater airplane?

I haven't got a clue hehehehe

Well I used to fly DID's Tornado and also Jane's F-15. They both had back seats in them. What they did was have a wizzo's station but also duplicate most of the systems into the front seat, so you could use either and still fly and fight the aircraft. Possibly even have it open for multiplayer too. Jane's did it in Longbow 2. That was fearsome. Flying as Pilot and Gunner!!!

:joystick:

WARNING! The lockon.RU forum Mafia are on the prowl.. You should watch what questions you ask here. Hehe...:lol:

To answer your quesion, no, you wont see any two seaters here because of the "realism" factor. ED figures that it has to simulate the aircraft with max realism, and doesnt feel the need to dump time or money into cultivating a decient "back seater" sim. They prefer to make helo's...:noexpression:

You can toy around with some files and get the Su-30 flyable, and it might even have a few "new" weapons. They will only be new in appearance though.

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

I haven't got a clue hehehehe

Well I used to fly DID's Tornado and also Jane's F-15. They both had back seats in them. What they did was have a wizzo's station but also duplicate most of the systems into the front seat, so you could use either and still fly and fight the aircraft. Possibly even have it open for multiplayer too. Jane's did it in Longbow 2. That was fearsome. Flying as Pilot and Gunner!!!

:joystick:

Yep, duplicating systems for easy control of 2 seater aircraft in simulator leads to step back. I think developers tried to made more real simulatorm, so you understeand - I hope. If they will be able to make two seater airplane for multiplayer, and one player will be pilot and another weapon operator and they will be in one airplane - ok np :) But I am not sure, If they are able to do that.:noexpression:

Tis a shame really because LOMAC is missing a really good Strike/Interdiction aircraft. Like I said the Hog n Frog are fun to fly but they are battlefield interdiction and cloase air support not full interdiction strike aircraft. Plus I also miss flying SEAD. That was fun in Flanker 2. Going head to head with air defences :)

Yeah they maybe concentrating on Helos in the form of the Ka-50 Hokum A.....but remember there's also the Ka-52 Hokum B 2 seater :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

That still goes along the lines of the sim engine itself. It' not so much "realism" (then there would be two-seaters) but limitations. And so far, there hasn't been a move towards it, or the Ka-52 would have been flyable. britgliderpilot back in the day managed to get a LAN "two-seater" going, but not workable in MP.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers