new activation code

SailorDoc1

I'll try the forum route as I have submitted 4 or 5 emails to support in regards to getting a new activation code. I have yet to get a reply from tech support. I had to install xp as I was getting at least 6 bsod a day. A combination of STOP ERROR codes and memory dumps. So the only thing I knew to do was format and get xp (was using win2k). Any suggestions on getting a new ac or an I just SOL. Thanks

SailorDoc

SailorDoc

ASRock Dual Series Mobo

AMD 4600 Dual Core

OCZ 2gig 3200 DDR II

ATI 9800 Pro 256mb video

ViewSonic A90f monitor

8in. Touch Screen w/TouchBuddy

Cougar HOTAS

CH Pro Pedals

me too

Yup I am waiting on a new key as well. I like to do full installs to place new OS's in my computer. I go back and forth to the Vistas. Great OS by the way.

But guess what? There is a "limitation?" on keys for a PURCHASED product!?

Correct me if I'm wrong. In a logical world we would buy a game, downloaded or not, and we get only one key which will work. It doesn't matter how many times you format your hard drive the key would still work. Right? So why put a key generator in? You have a serial number that never changes so why not have a activation key that never changes?

Now we have to wait 15 days for a new key! NOT GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT...U THINK??

Here's what I think. I beleive there are some "really smart" people whom works "över there" that thinks that if we use up all the activation keys that we would be dumb enough to buy another game to get more activation keys.

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Got news for ya............

All I know is that I have sent numerous emails to the various addresses provided and I have not heard one reply. As 9thAF Mac stated "NOT GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT...U THINK??". My feelings exactly. Hey, for most people Starforce has been a hinderance and a royal pia, why make things worse with the lousy customer service. At this point I would be happy with just a reply to my lousy email, I really don't care if they give me a f***ing activation code or not. Ok, I've got it off my chest. Thanks for listening.

SailorDoc

• Like 1

SailorDoc

ASRock Dual Series Mobo

AMD 4600 Dual Core

OCZ 2gig 3200 DDR II

ATI 9800 Pro 256mb video

ViewSonic A90f monitor

Cougar HOTAS

CH Pro Pedals

Could be but...

Or maybe they correctly think that one person could give away the activation key and then everyone would be using it ...

Since the serial number does not change you think maybe the first initial activation key would be generated to match that individual serial number for the product you bought. Then you would have to register that combination on-line so if anybody else wanted to use your same key they couldn't because that person would have a different serial number.

Now lets say somebody was given a dublicate copy of your game"serial number" and the key to match. The system, right now, should not let people be able to play the same game at the same time. Even though through installation you would have to register online but you couldn't because you would have a different computer hardware hash that nobody else would have.

The servers should. right now. be able to tell if two people has the same key on the server at the same time. Right?

Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm in the same boat here as far as getting a new activation key. I think it's been over two months now and i'm still waiting... I've been through several emails to tech support and the last one they told me this, "

Hello, Your message was forwarded to sales service. Wait for responce please.

Best regards Tuseyev Daniel ED lead tester." This was on the 28th of Augest. Never got a reply after that. Thanks Daniel. Christ...

hmm

Well looky here I just got a reply. In my first reply I had stated my username and password plus i had added my Serial number and hardware code. Just so they have different areas to look to make sure that I am legit.

This is thier reply:

"Hello.

What is your username on the site and where did you buy the game?"

--

Ummm...so I told them again.

Guess I have to wait another few days or more. ;(

• Like 1

heheh

StarForce - Protection ???

What. Let me tell you what protection truly/really is. Setting up a CDKEY Authentication Database. One Activation per CDKEY - duplicate install ban em both. Done you've solved your little cunudrum. But, hey that would take some forethought and ingeniuty that would require to much work:

A) A website

B) A database

C) A connection method to said Servers.

Whats really funny about this whole escapade is that if I never go online or block all transactions and SLL my drives what the hell does StarForce or any other protection method know??? Nadda...

Or even better why not create a virtual CD and a virtual HDD Image. Install the software to the Virtual HDD from a virtual CD after you've disconnected the CDROMS.

Your answer saying that it could be published online blah blah blah...is rubbish 100% of the games currently protected by StarForce have their equivelants online via BitTorrent - Warez Sites and many other seedy places that are working and will work with wonderfully enough StarForce removed from their base.

Hell a medium intellect hacker could figure out a way of bypass using resHacker to bypass the hooks for it would allow you to run the app with no problems. But, hey its better to have it auto disable based upon installations...

Got to love that model and mode of thinking.

GaretJax - aka Joe W. Garrett

Ok. I think we can all agree that were getting the runaround when it comes to getting a new activation key. I mean if I were to post all the emails that tech support replyed with, (all four of them in a two month time span) it would be quite obvoius. So how do we get the ball rolling on this?

Emailing them doesn't help. Posting here so far hasn't helped. I'm getting the feeling that for whatever reason they won't be offering any more new activation keys.

I don't know if contacting Ubisoft would help or not. My impression of the whole deal is this. They came out with the great add on that most people that have the original Lock On would want to have. Now that THEY have got you, it's like they don't need you anymore nor are they obligated to provide you with acceptable customer service. They have gotten too big to be worried about the individual. Sounds familiar. Or maybe they are just on an extended Russian holiday.

SailorDoc

SailorDoc

ASRock Dual Series Mobo

AMD 4600 Dual Core

OCZ 2gig 3200 DDR II

ATI 9800 Pro 256mb video

ViewSonic A90f monitor

Cougar HOTAS

CH Pro Pedals

I think your first assumption is correct. There's no excuse for someone to have to wait two months just to be told someone in sales will contact me. They even wrote back before this to ask if i was having the same problem with getting a key? two weeks later I had to write him back to find out it's up to sales... Either tell us that you will still provide keys, or that you won't. But stop wasteing our time with email reply's that might as well be from an automated service. There almost to the point of being condecending.

Sounds to me like you just uninstall the ED Version of the game and move on. Lock-On works and will provide you with simulation additions. Or you could manuall extract and place the 'addtional' content into your lock on folder...personally. I am no longer going to purchase games from a company that isn't going to consider its 'outside' of russian countrymen its business to bother with.

Sorry...Boycotts are a wonderful thing...or at least until they clear up the problems they are having with using the game.

• ED Team

Special for gerrybbard!

Dear user! We sent you over 4 support emails in August.

First, we sent you the new serial number on July, 25 upon your request (ticket #1930 July, 25 13:00) of new serial number.

Second, we sent you the explanation where you can find the new serial number on the site on August, 4 upon your request (ticket #1976 July, 27 11:40).

Third, we sent you the serial number once again on August, 25 upon your request (ticket #2379 August, 22 to support@lockon.ru).

Fourth, we sent you the explanations about previous letters and serial number once again on August, 28 upon your request (ticket #2417 August, 27 17:11 to support@lockon.ru).

Maybe you have some spam filtering program that filters our mail? Check it please for address *@lockon.ru and *@eagle.ru

Regards,

Site administrator

Borovik Konstantin

image_259187.png.12ec9a78d99caec431e08ab83fd4ee4d.png

• ED Team

And for SailorDoc1

We sent you 3 letters in June and one in September.

Tickets:

1. First on June, 22 upon your request (ticket #1445 July, 22 13:14).

2. Second on June, 23 upon your request (ticket #1459 July, 23 11:08).

3. Third on June, 26 upon your request (ticket #1461 July, 23 12:14).

4. Fourth on September, 21 upon your request (ticket #2590 September, 21 12:11).

Regards,

Site administrator

Borovik Konstantin

• ED Team
Const. first, thank you for responding. I have been getting your emails and they have always been in my main folder. In fact, i've kept them for use in replys. But i've never recieved an email concerning a new key? Can you try sending it once more?

You can find your serial number on the Files -> Downloads section of our site http://lockon.co.uk (under Flaming Cliffs)

It is colored in yellow.

Please, make sure that you are logged in.

Regards,

Site administrator

Borovik Konstantin

• ED Team
Ok, I've tried activating it but I keep getting the same message. "Activation failed. You have exceeded the number of activations allowed for the given key."

I tried useing the manual option but no joy.

You should use the second key (it's begin with "CSK..."), not the first!