Paris 2016/07/14

Harke

There is still one squadron, its main purpose is to train new Mirage 2000 pilot with Mirage 2000B (like the video above) and Mirage 2000C.

Secondary task are:

- QRA

- bomb truck with GBU-12 alongside Mirage 2000D in Africa.

Front line air defense fighters are now Rafale and Mirage 2000-5F in FAF.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

There is still one squadron, its main purpose is to train new Mirage 2000 pilot with Mirage 2000B (like the video above) and Mirage 2000C.

Secondary task are:

- QRA

- bomb truck with GBU-12 alongside Mirage 2000D in Africa.

Front line air defense fighters are now Rafale and Mirage 2000-5F in FAF.

This would be a blast! Pun intended :pilotfly:

I'm looking forward to some A-10C FAC and Mirage bomb truck fun, myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Pardon my ignorance, but how come he is working the throttle so much, being the flight lead? Flying to a set speed? I can see he has a Mirage on his right, slightly behind, and he would be the one Id expect to do 'all' the work?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hum, a light on the warning panel is blinking yellow, what could it be ?

Probably the Oxygen Flow Indicator.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Pardon my ignorance, but how come he is working the throttle so much, being the flight lead? Flying to a set speed? I can see he has a Mirage on his right, slightly behind, and he would be the one Id expect to do 'all' the work?

He isn't the flight lead, he's the left wingman being in a Vic formation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He isn't the flight lead, he's the left wingman being in a Vic formation.

Ah, that explains that then, thx :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Knock-Knock, two seconds in you can clearly see he is on the left wing of another jet. Look just above and to the right of the mirror. Don't feel bad I missed it too and was asking myself the same question. I was sightseeing and not looking in the 'pit. It was during my second time through that I picked up that he was not alone. I've flown the arrivals and departures to CDG dozens of times. Although they don't get as close to Paris, the additional altitude gives you a really nice look at the city.

Looks like he has some kind of Tablet PC on his left leg? Anyone knows anything about that?

It's internal development in FAF. It's used as moving map and interactive checklist.

They can put put in it pretty much what they want...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Using Tablets with GPS maps for older aircraft that don't have moving map displays is generally becoming more and more common in western air forces.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I know I'm not subjected to the same amount of regulatory restrictions as a military pilot is when I'm in the Citabria 7KCAB but I carry my iPad mini on my leg with a Bluetooth GPS receiver on the glare shield. It's equipped with ForeFlight, which is approved by the aviation administration for navigation. It has almost completely replaced my paper kneeboard, though I still keep it as a backup.

I use the same program for approach plates in aircraft I fly that have moving maps, however the Citabria doesn't even have a transponder, much less a moving map display ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist