[REPORTED]chat window in latest update

bkthunder

Not sure if something is wrong on my side.

I enter an MP mission

> pressing Tab doesn't open the chat window

> Pressing LShift-tab opens the chat window but then I can't close it.

> I have to keep Tab pressed for a couple of seconds to close it.

> I still see the chat, although I can't write

> I press LShift-Lctrl-Y to make the messages disappear

> pressing Lshift tab doesn't open the chat, so I have to press LShift-Lctrl-Y and then press Lshift Tab again.

Seems a bit of a complication compared to how it was :huh:

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Multiplayer Chat Button Newest Update?

So according to the newest update, the chat buttons have been moved to the UI Layer. However, the entries still exist in the General Layer. I'm not sure if that's part of the problem, but even then, opening and closing the chat box, opening and closing the chat ENTRY box for all or allies are not consistent whatsoever and not reliable. I have posted a video to demonstrate it.

[ame]

[/ame]

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

HOLD the tab down for a few seconds....... Then the menu will come up and you can chat or move the window.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

• ED Team

chat window issue has been reported.

press and hold tab to close seems the best work around, but it is being a little temperamental

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

actually i think i have a fix for it

use chat read/write command to type to everyone

use multiplayer chat - mode allies to type to allies

and use multiplayer chat - mode all to open and close the message log (doesn't let you type)

the chat open and close command is almost like a master arm switch. If it's toggle off, you won't be able to see any of the actions you made with the above key bindings because they are "hidden". Only until you toggle the window OPEN with Lctrl+LShift+Y by default, you can actually see what you are doing.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

ED why you set the chat message key to tab compulsively

After new update, I can not set my chat message show key to any other key, and when I press the left TAB key,it shows the chat message. ED you set the chat message key to left TAB compulsively? It's my lock target key for 5+ years!

Edited by dizzy27

Related to this post farther down in this same forum: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171864

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Now you can no longer assign the TAB key to do something else. I had it set for my Communications Menu, but now I can't assign it to anything at all. It's like it's a totally unavailable key and can no longer be reassigned. :furious:

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset