OT: Too much TrackIR

Ironhand

You know you've been using TrackIR too much when you're driving down the road and lean forward fully expecting your view to zoom in and give you a closer look at the traffic ahead. Happened to me yesterday. I started laughing so hard I nearly ran off the road. :)

Just thought someone else might get a chuckle out of it, too.

Rich

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

funny

Guys it is crazy!!! :D

I dont have TIR, but before few monts when I flyed very often on VVS504 I was in my office. I am working for Air Traffic Services, and in one moment i heard beep beep beep beep - sound like missile locked you :) I dont know what was that, but I expected that reason was poor sleeping and more than normal spending time in virtual Su-33 :).

i one time was driving with my track ir hat...i was on the way to a LAN and the buddy that waited for me to pick him up with his PC (we were going to fly IL-2) he saw me with my track ir hat (he has one too, was wearing it as well LOL) he started laughing his ass off!

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

• ED Team

Lol! Nice stories indeed. :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

I went to wash the car and:

I found myself once trying to remove the scratches out of my Renault Twingo wind shield for extra perfomance... :D

Did alot of rubbing untill I realized i needed some more sleep. Too much after hours play, like right now. :D

I just hope I dont start sneaking on peoples 6 on the road tomorrow. The art of dogfighting has exactly the opposite rules of driving and, believe it or not that hampered my driving lessons. :pilotfly:

I dont own Track IR and use X52 mini stick for views. Sometimes when somenone honks the horn behind me, my first reflex is to reach the left door handle after the mini stick.

If I get into an accident, I better come bout a better excuse than mistakening driving for flying a fighter on the road.

For those who dont believe me, I'm THAT distracted, even more with sleep privation, I end up doing the craziest things. My younger sister keeps telling me the first thing she wants to do with the money she saves is to buy a camera to film me in such situations. I already have provided her lots of wasted oportunities. :D

I have worse examples but Im not making a lengthy post unless you want me to.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You know you've been using TrackIR too much when you're driving down the road and lean forward fully expecting your view to zoom in and give you a closer look at the traffic ahead. Happened to me yesterday. I started laughing so hard I nearly ran off the road. :)

Just thought someone else might get a chuckle out of it, too.

Rich

Thanks for this, Ironhand, nothing beats a good laugh before work. You made my day today.

Cheers

The worse case scenario would be when some one is illuminating (flashing) you on the motorway to signal you he wants to take you over... you to enter in scissors with him. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I had been flying Lomac for about 6-7 hours (with a solid 3 hour session near the end) when my wife called me and asked for me to go and pick her up in the car. This was at abut 2am Sunday morning, so I was more than just a little tired.

Anyway, out of the driveway, drive down the straight road, come to the first roundabout and move my head to see if there is any traffic... but kept my eyes pointing straight forward. Thankfully something waved a big red flag and set off loud alarm bells in the back of my brain, and I stood on the brakes and screeched to a halt on the white line.... <phew>

I carried on driving very carefully, and with the car windows wound all the way down to keep me very much awake. My wife thought it was funny.... i guess I would as well, if it wasnt me it happened to :)

unrelated to flying, yet similar in the fact that gaming can affect real life.

in my part of the world we drive on the left side of the road and our cars are right hand drive, after racing nascar online in a left hand drive car i soon after drove my real car and found myself positioned in the wrong part of the lane, almost hitting the median strip, hehe.

when you realise what you have done its quite a shock, and then quite amusing...

its best to simply avoid reality, its safer :)

for 20 years ......1957 custom regretfully she finds a new home in a couple weeks , my new one is a 2001 buell , soon she will find a friend with a new fxdwg.

Know ye the kingdom of kicks, booze, bikes, LOMAC and chicks.

And yes last year I wrecked the Buell into a bean field. Flew about 50 feet in front of a couple friends on a Sat aft. after 800 bucks you cant tell though. Pays to be a Harley tech. :)

site1031.jpg.dc68583fce1c5d96eb0edc84ec33bce1.jpg

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/