New GME software

sedenion

Hello sedenion,

first let me say thank you for your effort on doing OvGME! Our Wing asked a few days before about an auto update function for our few mods and now you´ve released 1.5 :thumbup:

I tried 1.5 but i have some problems...

I get stuck in trying to check/download the mods. OvGME says "Getting data from repositories, please wait..."

I do so.. still.. :music_whistling:

What i did...

Uninstalled old Version 1.2

Installed 1.5

used "Make Mod archive"

uploaded it to our server --> created directory (root/ovgme/)

put the .zip file into it also the ovgme.xml

pointed the path in "Repositories Config" to our serveradress/ovgme/

Tried it... and still waiting... :helpsmilie:

Ok, can you let all as it is in your server and give me your server adress ? I have to try to debug and know what happen...

Improvements:

- @Repositories Configuration may add the option to edit the path

hem... the path of what ?

- @Make Mod Archive --> Description: field --> new line only with STRG+Enter, if you hit only enter it starts creating the archive...

Haha ! funny bug... forgot that Windows takes the "IDOK" identifier as default button, and active it when press "Enter"...

Ok, can you let all as it is in your server and give me your server adress ? I have to try to debug and know what happen...

PM send

hem... the path of what ?

URL

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

URL

You want to edit the URL in the Repository config ?... Why ? can't you simply add a new repos and delete the wrong one ?

Well, i have replaced the installer binary, you can redownload it and reinstall it.. the comment return bug on Mod Make is fixed, and now the software output a log.txt during Mod Update check process...

So:

1) you download the new version

2) you add the repos as befoe

3) you run the check mod update

4) if it freez, you kill the APP

5) Go to <user>\AppData\Roaming\OvGME and open the log.txt file

6) Copy-Paste the log.txt file content here...

Ok, i found the "Getting data from repository" never ending bug... This is aparently related to compilation optimization who "optimizes" a bit too much and skips some "if" test within thread function...

Bug fixed in the last available 1.5.0 installer build.

Edited by sedenion

You want to edit the URL in the Repository config ?... Why ? can't you simply add a new repos and delete the wrong one ?

You´re right but i thought if you have a typo in it so you didn´t have to type the whole thing again...

Now it work like a charm :thumbup:

DL was successfull.

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --

Sir yes Sir, will do so. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot!

Regards / Grüße

Neo

Well, first feedbacks with current repositories feature implementation tells me that some things must be improved or changed. I brainstormed on how to make the feature both flexible and simple, so:

1) The Repositories configuration will allow to enable or disable any repository by a simple check-box, so, to easily choose what kind of "update" or "donwload" we will do. So, no need to remove or delete repositories if we, for example, want to donwload updates, or synchronize with the team repository

2) The check update will become a generic repository, showing mods who are either:

- Allready present in local and up to date

- Allready present in local, but with new version available

- Allready present in local, but with older version available

- Not present in local, so, downloadable

User will have choice to download what he want, new version, older one, or, finaly a new mod to download.

3) The mod description will be supported within the "repositories" list, using the XML file to store mods descriptions.

4) The XML generator will let user to choose a custom folder to create the mod list, the XML generator will let user to edit the source, and will be implemented a "save as" to write the "ovgme.xml" where user want to.

Implementing what i speak about above will take awhile... Anyway, currently, i have rewritten the network code in a more stable and simple way with way more error check and reports (it is now armored). The previous implementation was also buggy due to over-usage of imbricated threading, making threads synchronization a kind of Rubix's Cube.

Good news. Next week I think I will be able to test the network functions too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

New 1.5.9 version (1.6 Release Candidate) available for download (see first page) :

- Rewritten network code to avoid threading sync bugs.

- Better network error handling.

- Reworked Repositories feature.

- Added Ability to enable or disable repository.

- Help and Readme updated.

+ many details...

Before asking a question, please read the help and FAQ embedded with the application, everything (or almost) is explained !

( if you experience problems with some "404" error while the provided URL is perflectly valid and encoded, this is an identified bug, it will be corrected in the next release. For now, please use non-encoded URL (OvGME will encode them anyway) )

Edited by sedenion

Looking good! You tide up the menus also.

Thanks for update!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It will do automaticly at deinstall...

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Oyé, oyé... I passed OvGME to stable 1.6 release (i hope, not too early).

Changelog:

- Fixed bug for already encoded URL being re-encoded with "%" char interpreted.

- Added support for HTTP chunked transfer.

- Added some error check for XML parsing.

- Empty error message on repository check fail fixed.

- Help updated and corrected.

- Help now starts with good window size.

- Added help source files.

In the menu, except some bugs fixed, the big new thing is that OvGME now supports HTTP chunked transfer for repositories query... What that mean ? That means OvGME can eat XML data from dynamically generated web page such as PHP or ASP... which mean ?... A repository manager can, if he want, create a repository based on a real database that provides XML data to OvGME (using PHP code for example)...

About the help file... I have remade the help files (the first help version was created using a WYSiWING software that generated very dirty HTML code) and included them in source code...

If some people want to translate Help in their language, they can, i will include it as option during setup.

To translate, it is easy, just open HTML files (do not care about other files), transalte, save, and post here the translated files in joint piece (in a zip file for example).

To stay consistant, does not translate the buttons and menu names (the main GUI will not be translated) and take care to respect the inner HTML tags (<b>, <i>, <blockquote> etc...).

Sources are here: https://github.com/sedenion/ovgme/tree/master/help

I am on the french version...

PS: To edit html files, i recommand you using Geany or Notepad++ (i prefer Geany, but this is matter of taste).

Edited by sedenion

Great Program

I love the possibility to use the same mod for different instances without having duplicate files

One issue I've encoutered:

If you load a mod profile switch games while it is applying the mods, it will continue applying the mods in the game you just switched to

Also, when saving a mod profile, I think it should ask for confirmation before overwriting the old profile, because apply and save are very close to each other and vulnerable to clicking the wrong one

Edited by St3v3f

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help!

I've just downloaded OvGME 1.6. I'm a first-time user and initially I could not make it work. Well, I simply had not launched the program in Admin mode, and strangely there was nothing under "Help" so I thought that I'm too stupid for this program...

I would suggest that the program should start itself in Admin mode just like JSGME does.

Now that I could make it work (and the "Help" stuff is visible) I will explore more.

Edit:

I'm wondering how to create the description for a mod. Found nothing under Help. Please add!

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

One issue I've encoutered:

If you load a mod profile switch games while it is applying the mods, it will continue applying the mods in the game you just switched to

Hm, because the operation is a separated thread, and the thread continues its job (like if nothing happened)... this kind of thing will not be easy to handle, i had a lot of problem on canceling safely threads without purely blocking the app (there is something about how MS implements threading with dialogs that lets me perplex)

Also, when saving a mod profile, I think it should ask for confirmation before overwriting the old profile, because apply and save are very close to each other and vulnerable to clicking the wrong one

I will see for a enhanced "save profile" dialog...

Can you creates these two issues on this page ? : https://github.com/sedenion/ovgme/issues

I have to stop the dev for awhile, and i don't want to forget.