New GME software

sedenion

Bon, je crois que je vais arrêter de t’embêter et de polluer ce post.

Mais tu n'as pas lu le début de mon message, tant pis.

Amicalement.

Won't blame you, but you know that this is the english part of the forum? ;)

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Just added 1.6.2 release...

There is only some minor changes on log output, help correction, and a small logic change for Mod apply/backup...

For who don't want to uninstall and reinstall all, you can download the binay exe, and copy the file into the OvGME installation folder.

I had the same problem like fill.

I made some screenshots

z7o4Ca5.jpg

XQdbARy.jpg

hSc5QLk.jpg

What I observed is when the archives that didn't worked were made they were empty although they should have been full of skin files.

I entered one of the folders and just renamed a subfolder with a dot in name... like "fol.der"

I'm not sure that this did it but after that it worked.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Installing 1.6.2 I get the error message that some "libg...." are not installed.....

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Actually... I don't think it has anything to do with the dots or other strange characters in the path... it seems random some how. Because I redone some mods without doing anything and it worked this time. One mod took 4 or 5 tries until it worked most of the times the files were discarded only the directory structure was inside the archive but once, I saw few files in it... even appearing as I open one the folders from archive... like they were still written although the mod creation was completed "successfully".

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Installing 1.6.2 I get the error message that some "libg...." are not installed.....

Ho shit... sorry, my bad... I correct that tomorrow as soon as possible, for now i (what is the correct translation for "cuver" in english ?) my delicious Corbières wine...

(I switched Hard Disk, reinstalling systems, and some of my build confing "disapeared" with fresh compiler install... and then, you have this error because <guess here a long technical explanation>)

EDIT: Finally rebuild the softwar full of wine... obliged to switch from Linux to Windows to do, but duty is duty... The new available build should not prompt you any "libgcc" or "libg++" missing anymore...

Edited by sedenion

I had the same problem like fill.

I made some screenshots

z7o4Ca5.jpg

XQdbARy.jpg

hSc5QLk.jpg

Ho that ugly messages... Extraction failled and Write error on config file is not the same error as fill... Fill have a simple write error, here, you have very dirty errors...

What I observed is when the archives that didn't worked were made they were empty although they should have been full of skin files.

Empty archive, you mean ? Nothing in, or folders but no files ?

I entered one of the folders and just renamed a subfolder with a dot in name... like "fol.der"

I'm not sure that this did it but after that it worked.

Don't understand the strategy here... please give details... (and logs if possible)

most of the times the files were discarded only the directory structure was inside the archive but once, I saw few files in it... even appearing as I open one the folders from archive... like they were still written although the mod creation was completed "successfully".

Hmmmmm.....ok... so files are created on "random basis" in the zip file... i will look at that. Note, you should not have error on write config file (this mean OvGME failed to write into the ProgramData/OvGME/config.dat file, where it logically allways have write access)... when and how do you got this error ?

Edited by sedenion

I checked the zip generation code again, and i don't see how and why this error happen... Please download the last build (either setup, or update exe [to copy in installation folder]) I added some log output to have details about that kind of thing...

If you encounter problem again, at the first error message, copy past log here.

OK. Will do. I will return home from work in few hours.

P.S. Above I was meaning the folder structure is always there intact. Only the files within (sub)folders are missing. Once when I opened an archive immediately after creation and navigate inside the subfolders I saw files appearing one by one... but no all and that archive was also not good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can confirm zaelu's complain.

I had this failure due to make an mod archive for Starways Blacksee Texture Mod.....:cry:

edit: wait! Is it possible that packing already ziped archives in your packed archives could be the issue?

I can confirm zaelu's complain.

I had this failure due to make an mod archive for Starways Blacksee Texture Mod.....:cry:

Strange... where can i download this mod to test on my side ?

edit: wait! Is it possible that packing already ziped archives in your packed archives could be the issue?

Theorically, no...

OK. Will do. I will return home from work in few hours.

P.S. Above I was meaning the folder structure is always there intact. Only the files within (sub)folders are missing. Once when I opened an archive immediately after creation and navigate inside the subfolders I saw files appearing one by one

!!! something asynchronous seem a bit too asynchronous...

... but no all and that archive was also not good.

I think once you access to the archive, there is some access competition, so the file is not well finalyzed... i guess the bug is amplified with big mods (heavy archive), long to write...

Strange... where can i download this mod to test on my side ?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2795895&postcount=1

You should try this mod and dont forget to breath :D

Ok, i worked a bit on the "Make Mod-Archive" algo...

You can download the binary pre-release of the 1.6.3 version here : https://github.com/sedenion/ovgme/releases/download/1.6.3-64/OvGME.exe

Just overwrite the old OvGME.exe in the OvGME installation folder... I hope now, the Mod-Make work correctly:

- I found ONE "bug" (the opened files for reading were not closed after use, which is bad)... but i am not sure this is the root of problems you encounter (i have no problems on my side, all work perfectly, even on huge archives).

- I also changed some file creation logic to prevent access on archive while in creation process which could corrupt the archive... The zip file is first created as temporary file with .build extension, then, renamed ONLY when all is finished and finalized (zip central directory created)... So, normally, from now, while the file is not a ".zip" file, the file is not finished... Once it is a "zip" file, the file is (theorically) finished and valid.

I can see an hypothesis on why the Mod creation is so strange and random, if the mod-archive is directly created in the Mod stock folder: When any change occur in the Mods stock folder, OvGME rebuilds the Mods list, and gathers data about available mods.. And so, it OPENS all zip archives to check if they are valid, gets description, version etc... I could imagine what can happen if an archive is both opened on a side for writing/compression, and in an other side for reading/extracting... Not good thing anyway...

I can see an hypothesis on why the Mod creation is so strange and random, if the mod-archive is directly created in the Mod stock folder: When any change occur in the Mods stock folder, OvGME rebuilds the Mods list, and gathers data about available mods.. And so, it OPENS all zip archives to check if they are valid, gets description, version etc... I could imagine what can happen if an archive is both opened on a side for writing/compression, and in an other side for reading/extracting... Not good thing anyway...

This might be some valid trail. When I put the mods to be finished on the desktop I had no problem but then I got lazy and made it create them directly into Mods folder... and with big archives for skins (hundreds of megs) the bug appeared.

I will test now that I am home 1.63 :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link is the same as above?

https://github.com/sedenion/ovgme/releases/download/1.6.3-64/OvGME.exe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, I made close to 10 mods (with skins so big files) all worked minus the last one. The archive is big... seems to have all files but when I try to activate it says:

Dn6tz8E.jpg

The log at this location is empty (and old 22Aout2016):

C:\Users\bogda\AppData\Roaming\OvGME\log.txt

The good part is when closing the OvGME no other errors appear!

What to do next?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C:\Users\bogda\AppData\Roaming\OvGME\log.txt

The OvGME data are no longer in Roaming since the... 1.6.1 if i well remember... you can delete this folder.

The OvGME home directory is now C:\ProgramData\OvGME or C:\Users\All Users\OvGME

Here the log text should not be empty...