New GME software

sedenion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have one question. Is it possible to successfully use this program to manage mods on my server (I run 3 instances from a batch file each having their own Saved games folders as follows : Instance 1, Instance 2 and Instance 3.

If this is possible it would make management of all my mods over all three instances so much easier, atm I just installed the mods in the correct folders in the save games folder for each instance , but for troublshooting and bug fixing (say if I had to record and send an unmodded track file to ED for eg. Its a massive PITA to manually unistall all the mods one by one etc)

thanks in advance.

I have one question. Is it possible to successfully use this program to manage mods on my server (I run 3 instances from a batch file each having their own Saved games folders as follows : Instance 1, Instance 2 and Instance 3.

yes, it is possible. You have to create one OVGME config for each instance.

If you are using a DCS Server with Mods, your clients will have to also have those Mods .. OvGME includes a feature called "Repositories", that allow you to place the Mods on a WebServer and then create an XML file that your clients can use to keep their own OvGMEs updated with the correct version of each Mod .. it is a really powerful feature, Moltar´s uses it for his Mod Pack, see here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195640

(it's under "Download and Stay Up-To-Date On Moltar's Mod Pack Using OvGME" )

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 5 months later...
OvGME links seem to be broken.

Does anyone have up to date links for this GME please?

Look 5 or 6 posts above this one.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

I feel like I'm doing something wrong... when creating the Mod-Archives (.zip) files I'm using OvGME's "Make Mod-Archive..." process in the menu and it completes successfully but when having someone download the mod from a repository it will not automatically populate to OvGME and when attempting to "Import Mod(s)" it gives the error "The file is not a valid Mod-Archive and will not be imported."

Any help would be appreciated!

Not sure what your issue is, but, I created a folder with a couple of files in on my desktop. Then, I used the Make Mod-archive option successfully, and the 'mod' showed up correctly in OvGME.

I then placed the 'mod' on my desktop and successfully imported it into OvGME via the menu option.

Can you post an example of a mod zip you have created?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not sure what your issue is, but, I created a folder with a couple of files in on my desktop. Then, I used the Make Mod-archive option successfully, and the 'mod' showed up correctly in OvGME.

I then placed the 'mod' on my desktop and successfully imported it into OvGME via the menu option.

Can you post an example of a mod zip you have created?

This issue is that the application does not recognize the .zip files I am creating using the "Make Mod-Archive..." process.

Sorry, here's a file I created as a test. I used the "Make Mod-Archive..." process on this file, it was recognized on the server then after downloading it using the repository function it was not detected and required me to unzip the folder.

You are not following any of the folder requirements of a mod.

Lets say you want to mod the default joystick/throttle bind definitions of the P-51D, bc that is a very typical modding done by many. The original file is in 'c:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Input\P-51D\joystick\default.lua' --depending on your DCS version and it's installation location--.

Start with a folder named how you want to address the mod. I strongly suggest using highly structured names. For example my P-51 HOTAS mod folder is named 'DCS P-51D Cockpit Controls - HOTAS'

Then you need to mirror of the folder structure of the original file starting with the level below the installation/version folder. In this example the installation/version is '..\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World', so 'Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Input\P-51D\joystick'.

You should now have 'DCS P-51D Cockpit Controls - HOTAS\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Input\P-51D\joystick'.

Copy the original 'default.lua' into 'DCS P-51D Cockpit Controls - HOTAS\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Input\P-51D\joystick' and edit it as desired.

When complete, open OvGME -> Mods -> Make Mod-Archive... Under Directory-Mod root folder navigate to and select 'DCS P-51D Cockpit Controls - HOTAS', insure your mods archive folder is selected under 'Destination path for Zip file' and click [Make].

That's it.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

As Orso said. Just to add, one can manually create the zip without using OvGME. As long as the first folder in the zip has the EXACT same name as the zip itself. Then simply move it to the (OvGME) MODS folder.

Of course, folder structure still as Orso described.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Sorry, here's a file I created as a test. I used the "Make Mod-Archive..." process on this file, it was recognized on the server then after downloading it using the repository function it was not detected and required me to unzip the folder.

OK, so the basic problem with this file is that it is named incorrectly. The zip file name has to be the same as the folder containing the mods. Here you have the zip called 'Test' but the mod files are in 'TestFolder'.

Rename the zip to 'TestFolder' and you'll find it imports into OvGME perfectly.

Now, as to why the OvGME 'Make Mod' function is calling it 'Test.zip' from your 'TestFolder' for you I don't know. If I put your 'TestFolder' onto my PC, and then use OvGME's 'Make Mod' on it, then it creates a 'TestFolder.zip' and is automatically imported into the DCS OvGME folder. It also creates VERSION.txt and README.txt if you include that info on the App. Very useful.

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

OK, so the basic problem with this file is that it is named incorrectly. The zip file name has to be the same as the folder containing the mods. Here you have the zip called 'Test' but the mod files are in 'TestFolder'.

Rename the zip to 'TestFolder' and you'll find it imports into OvGME perfectly.

Now, as to why the OvGME 'Make Mod' function is calling it 'Test.zip' from your 'TestFolder' for you I don't know. If I put your 'TestFolder' onto my PC, and then use OvGME's 'Make Mod' on it, then it creates a 'TestFolder.zip' and is automatically imported into the DCS OvGME folder. It also creates VERSION.txt and README.txt if you include that info on the App. Very useful.

That fixed it, I had been adding the version at the end of the zip and that was getting me! I appreciate the help.

That fixed it, I had been adding the version at the end of the zip and that was getting me! I appreciate the help.

Glad to be of help!

hi guys!

i install HELIOS today. but i have a problem

i have laptop and a monitor.

if i use laptop monitor as a primary, and second monitor for helios, there is no problem

But

i want to use second monitor as primary monitor. i changed settings.

helios is getting data and mfd, rwr vs perfectly, i can hear aircraft sound but no screen change and aircraft is on same point

can you help me

hi guys!

i install HELIOS today. but i have a problem ...

can you help me

What is the relationship between the GME software and your problem? :noexpression:

• 2 months later...

As a fairly new user of DCS I just want to thank you for the software. Even though I currently have very few mods to deal with, this software is a God send to save me from editing the ..\joystick\default.lua for my F/A-18 custom HOTAS setup and a few more mods after each update. Keep up the good work. Cheers...

---

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/3/2021 at 10:04 PM, IAF.Cheetah said:

I know that this program is no longer updated or maintained, but is there an option to use other repository server than a simple unsecured http ?

This is covered in the help(menu) that comes with the program ... (as are many of the above questions)
Under "Repository management" in this case.

Edited by Stix_09

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...