My new rig

Ok I'm finally going to get my own 'gaming' rig (as opposed to parents choice in PC which is for homework only - its a miracle LOMAC works at all ¬_¬)

I've verified my choice so far on certain other PC sites to get a feel for whats good or not (im a first time PC builder so havent got much clue what im doing) but most of these sites only care about the FPS on FPS gmaes, so yeah i need helping choosing a mainly lockon computer

choice so far

Intel E6400

Asus P5LD2 deluxe (think thats compatible with the proc.)

Sapphire X1900XT

Corsair DDR2 2GB (the cheaper corsair stuff i can get)

As for these main components how will the run on LOMAC?

im on a bit of a budget and getting an E6600 and X1950XTX (or anything above an X1900XT) is a bit much for me at the moment.

This will be an upgrade from virtually nothing so any improve moment in system will be welcome.

thanks in advance

That system will run Lockon fine. Like some others that have posted, you will likely have highest visual settings except view distance. Make sure you get procaff for the dual core otherwise you will get a choppy game. Set lockon to the second core.

I look forword to the day when we have so many cores that we can assign cores to various duties. E.g., Processor 4-8 = games, 1-3 = OS / Apps.

Scrap the 2GB of RAM thinking I might just settle for 1GB of DDR2 RAM - that will still be good right?

thanks

No, hes right by using 2 GIG's. LOMAC will take good use of those and when I made the upgrade myself I noticed a huge difference in fluidity.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

certainly better and safer to buy whatever cpu now and upgrade ram later.

Just to make sure the bios doesnt get wacked. Happens even if your safe.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Don't get E6400, get E6600. It's your best bet. Not too expensive, and VERY overclockable. Save on the ram and go for that processor. You will not regret it. Have you concidered nVidia cards btw?

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

well, if hes considering changing a GIG for another CPU thats another story, initialy I did not meant him to scrifice one for another, if he could afford both.:lookaround:

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I would get the E6600 now, get the 2 gig of RAM as soon as you can. Just like Pilotasso said it will run more fluid. I also noticed this when I upgraded from 1 gig to 2 gigs. I think you will be very happy from what people are saying that already have a E6600.