HUGE IFF Bug Now Discovered

Voodooflies

Hello everyone,

Well here's the little story, I made a blue-on-blue on Blue Flag flying the plane yesterday. Fact is, I was 100% sure my actions were checked and that I didn't had commit any mistake whatsoever. However, I managed to do the unthinkable so I wanted to know what exactly happened.

Since I was sure it wasn't my fault, I decided to go for a bug hunt as I believed the plane was faulty as crazy as it sounds regarding the IFF system (I do believe this bug isn't new)... and I was right, I found the bug.

That might explain a lot of blue-on-blue situations on Blue Flag while flying the plane even though the pilot is faulty most of the time. Here's a real bug with the IFF that needs an urgent fix, it was tested with a friendly M-2000C AI flying hot.

The bug seems to occure as soon as you're into CCM mod and you select the S530D, passing this point your IFF system will consider your target as hostile. Video proof as follows. Peace out.

http://youtu.be/10-BOQkXtlo

Edited by Sacha
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello.

Another bug linked with the IFF :

-You do not need to select the "Radar IFF power switch" to "SECT" or "CONT" to have an IFF interrogation. All you have to do is press on your keyboard/joystick the "Nosewheel steering / IFF interrogation button".

Hello.

-You do not need to select the "Radar IFF power switch" to "SECT" or "CONT" to have an IFF interrogation. All you have to do is press on your keyboard/joystick the "Nosewheel steering / IFF interrogation button".

Weird I do have to switch it on

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Nosewheel steering / IFF interrogation button however is still not linked to the "S" function. IFF it does work but the button on the M-2000C doesn't. IT just work for the nosewhell. I'm talking about 3D.

Not dure what you're talking about...

But indeed, you can't click on the button on the stick in 3D cockpit. Anyway this button is on forward of the stick.

Button assigned on my HOTAS works as intended.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hello everyone,

Well here's the little story, I made a blue-on-blue on Blue Flag flying the plane yesterday. Fact is, I was 100% sure my actions were checked and that I didn't had commit any mistake whatsoever. However, I managed to do the unthinkable so I wanted to know what exactly happened.

Since I was sure it wasn't my fault, I decided to go for a bug hunt as I believed the plane was faulty as crazy as it sounds regarding the IFF system (I do believe this bug isn't new)... and I was right, I found the bug.

That might explain a lot of blue-on-blue situations on Blue Flag while flying the plane even though the pilot is faulty most of the time. Here's a real bug with the IFF that needs an urgent fix, it was tested with a friendly M-2000C AI flying hot.

The bug seems to occure as soon as you're into CCM mod and you select the S530D, passing this point your IFF system will consider your target as hostile. Video proof as follows. Peace out.

Yes good catch.

But the target isn't "hostile" because of no IFF, it isn't "friendly" :D

I'm out, don't shoot :lol:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Just teasing :thumbup:

Jokes aside, the more the aircraft is complex, the more you're adding functionalities, the more you have chances to find bugs.

Lets not forget it's Razbam first aircraft in DCS.

So reporting bugs is legitimate.

But "WTF" exclamations, or charging devs (in another thread) is a bit rude IMHO.

Taking care of the form is a matter of courtesy.

Just my feelings...

Mirage fanatic !

But "WTF" exclamations, or charging devs (in another thread) is a bit rude IMHO.

Taking care of the form is a matter of courtesy.

Just my feelings...

I don't get your point, but next time keep your feelings for you, would you ? I don't think this is the right place for such pointless debate as I don't even know what you are referring to. Bugs are being reported, that's it. :thumbup:

Edited by Sacha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't even know what you are referring to.

he's referring to the thread where I accuse CptSmiley of all the sins concerning FM and plane's behaviour with FBW off

(and he's absolutely right - my accusing was way too rude and awfully ungrateful)

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just had this one today. So if I avoid CCM mode with the 530 I won't see it? For me it seemed to appear after I selectively jettisoned the center fuel tank.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Hello everyone,

I checked the bug and it will take some time and ED's help to get rid of it.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Just had this one today. So if I avoid CCM mode with the 530 I won't see it? For me it seemed to appear after I selectively jettisoned the center fuel tank.

Should only be an issue if you grab a target with CCM, only then switching to 530 right. If you already have the 530 selected you should be fine.

Hello.

When you starting mission in air, IFF power switch is in OFF, but IFF works. Bug

IFF hostile/friendly bug happens every time when you switch weapons (Magic, Gun, 530) in CCM lock, not only 530. You need unlock target, switch weapon, select CCM, lock and profit!

I almost shootdown friendly F15 in Blue Flag, thanks to Simple Radio and GCI i aborted missile(530) 2 seconds before impact.:music_whistling:

I checked the bug and it will take some time and ED's help to get rid of it.

Hi Zeus, I was wondering if there was an update on this bug? I know it is a tricky one, I was wondering if it was going to make it into the "fixed" list for this Friday?

Thanks

JD

AKA_MattE

Hi Zeus, I was wondering if there was an update on this bug? I know it is a tricky one, I was wondering if it was going to make it into the "fixed" list for this Friday?

Thanks

JD

AKA_MattE

NO updates yet. As I said, I need ED to help as well on this one. Unfortunately they have a lot on their plate right now.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 1 month later...