DCS World Weekend Updates - August 11th, 2016

SkateZilla

Weekend Update From Wags (F/A-18C Information)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2871762&postcount=42

Weekend Newsletter:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2872415&postcount=43

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks for the update Wags, that's exactly the information i was looking for. Maybe when you guys feel ready, can we shed some light on exactly what's going down on the Su-33/MiG-29 PFM/AFM?

All we got was "su-33 PFM/AFM is coming" and haven't heard from it since. What PFM/AFM will we get first for the MiG-29? A? S? Will we get both at all?

Not exactly looking for release dates on them, just some more information.

Edited by wilky510

Yes great to get an update!

I , like many others I am sure, are really looking forward to this one.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team
Thanks for the update Wags, that's exactly the information i was looking for. Maybe when you guys feel ready, can we shed some light on exactly what's going down on the Su-33/MiG-29 PFM/AFM?

All we got was "su-33 PFM/AFM is coming" and haven't heard from it since. What PFM/AFM will we get first for the MiG-29? A? S? Will we get both at all?

Not exactly looking for release dates on them, just some more information.

Right now our flight dynamics engineering team is occupied with the Spitfire. When there is news on those FC3 aircraft, it will be shared.

Thanks

JHMCS? :thumbup:

JHMCS = Joint Helment Mounted Cueing System.

Will it include NVCD? Night Vision Cueing and Display?

Somehow I thought we would be further along at this point but All Good. Thanks for the news on this much anticipated Module!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Thanks for the update, Wags. Great to hear, that we get the JHMCS. :pilotfly:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JHMCS = Joint Helment Mounted Cueing System.

Will it include NVCD? Night Vision Cueing and Display?

Somehow I thought we would be further along at this point but All Good. Thanks for the news on this much anticipated Module!

All of the Above systems are required to integrate the Professional Flight Model,

other systems were said to be integrated already (which systems and how many were not specified), and the HUD and symbology linked to those systems is being done.

the Hydraulic, Gear, and Electrical tie into the PFM, which is a main Part of the Module.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

hornet could be still far from us

more interested in updated content of nevada map

Yeap !! That's what I understood from the update. :(

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

• ED Team
No word on the ground radar? Is that good news or not?

I thought that was a major factor according to earlier posts when it came to finishing the Hornet.

Why would the do a Hornet without ground radar? That is pretty much the reason for them developing ground radar.... We dont need to be reminded of each feature every time the Hornet is mentioned... we already know that is a thing.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Why would the do a Hornet without ground radar? That is pretty much the reason for them developing ground radar.... We dont need to be reminded of each feature every time the Hornet is mentioned... we already know that is a thing.

Not sure what you are talking about, did I say something wrong?

Wags mentions specific systems, but what seems like the biggest and most impressive one is absent. It is a feature that is a big deal for not only the Hornet, but also a factor in the development of several other DCS projects. Since there is, like you say, no Hornet without the ground radar it is surprising to me that there is no news on it. I certaintly see it as a massive leap for DCS if it is indeed on track.

It seemed like an especially big deal in one of the previous updates, so seeing nothing here nothing mentioned on it is either a good or a bad thing. Is it crazy that I'm interested in how its going with such an important DCS milestone?

Edited by iLOVEwindmills
  • Like 1

IMO i think talking about the ground radar is not such a bad thing as it ties with lots of possible 3rd party devs projects.

I mean Wags amd ED is free to talk about what they want, and as a fan hoping for more info is never a bad thing about a product. its quite a good thing, and hows interest.

Also AIm9x plzkthanksbye

Not sure what you are talking about, did I say something wrong?

Wags mentions specific systems, but what seems like the biggest and most impressive one is absent. It is a feature that is a big deal for not only the Hornet, but also a factor in the development of several other DCS projects. Since there is, like you say, no Hornet without the ground radar it is surprising to me that there is no news on it. I certaintly see it as a massive leap for DCS if it is indeed on track.

It seemed like an especially big deal in one of the previous updates, so seeing nothing here nothing mentioned on it is either a good or a bad thing. Is it crazy that I'm interested in how its going with such an important DCS milestone?

You're looking too much into it. Wags' update wasn't a top to bottom synopsis of the project but just a quick blurb. No specific mention of the radar or any other sub-system carries no additional or hidden meaning.

• Like 1

You're looking too much into it. Wags' update wasn't a top to bottom synopsis of the project but just a quick blurb. No specific mention of the radar or any other sub-system carries no additional or hidden meaning.

Well the hope in making the post is that we do maybe get some additional info.

And if not too bad.

• Like 1

im still looking forward to some pics of the new fidelity of the caucuses. hopefully newsletter tomorrow?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Nice little update there by Wags today on the F18 :thumbup: much appreciated.

However, all I want in my stocking at the moment is a Spitfire! I think they must have forgotten all about her as no news "direct" from ED for 17 weeks now :(

Looks like we may well be lucky to get her in a Christmas stocking! In fact if we get her before Christmas I'll eat said stocking!!!

Here's hoping for some news on the old girl in tomorrow's newsletter :music_whistling:

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.