Still some trim issues

docWilly

as I know the "miracle" of trimming the Gazelle is widely discussed I just want to ask if anyone experieces similiar behaviour:

M-loadout, 4 HOT, medium fuel, mag brake on, trim on, AP on or off (does not matter): vertical trim works fine but not "lateral" trim (both trim functions assigned to hat on HOTAS warthog) It seems to be not working at all. As far as I remember I never had this behaviour in earlier release versions, but since 1.5.4-versions. Currently updated to the latest.

In earlier versions I was able to fly it "on rails" = climb/descent managed by vertical trim, direction managed by "lateral" trim.

In "AP ALTITUDE" mode direction was easily controlled by small inputs in lateral trimming (for example to compensate wind shift).

If anyone could provide some information - maybe I am doing something wrong or missed some information on that.

The behaviour is not affiliated to "running out of trim" (reported somewhere else in the forum).

Thank you in advance

Willy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Btw, flying and trimming with 3 x HOT3 works.

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

Check out this threat...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172046

Polychop already corrected this behavior but we're still waiting for ED to put out the next update.

Exil,

my issue seeems not to be the same. I am talking about the LATERAL trim. i.e. "left wing down"/"right wing down" assignement in controls. This is set up in the correct way, controller is working for other aircraft but the gazelle (as it works for example with Mirage 2000). AFAIK there are 2 ways of trimming the Gazelle:

1. nose up/down (which works fine for me despite the thread you quote)

2. left/right (i.e. helo would roll to the left or right) = in fact change direction as it is then in a turn; this does not work for me anymore

mag brake and main trim (T) are on.

Am I doing something wrong? Is lateral(roll) trim not working anymore in general? (I am not talking about some kind of "rudder trim"!)

DCS repair is done, same behaviour; Easy controls on/off does not have any effect on that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

• 4 weeks later...
Exil,

my issue seeems not to be the same. I am talking about the LATERAL trim. i.e. "left wing down"/"right wing down" assignement in controls. This is set up in the correct way, controller is working for other aircraft but the gazelle (as it works for example with Mirage 2000). AFAIK there are 2 ways of trimming the Gazelle:

1. nose up/down (which works fine for me despite the thread you quote)

2. left/right (i.e. helo would roll to the left or right) = in fact change direction as it is then in a turn; this does not work for me anymore

mag brake and main trim (T) are on.

Am I doing something wrong? Is lateral(roll) trim not working anymore in general? (I am not talking about some kind of "rudder trim"!)

DCS repair is done, same behaviour; Easy controls on/off does not have any effect on that.

Could we get an answer please same issue here and nothing has changed.