SATAC 2016

FLANKERATOR

satac2016_banner.jpg

SATAC stands for Squadron Air to Air Championship; this will be the second edition after 2013, which saw the triumph of the 51st PVO Regiment over NFI in a thrilling final match on a score of 2 rounds to 1.

Date will be Saturday 17th of September and Sunday 18th of September. Depending on number of teams, we could also use a second weekend to wrap it up (24th and 25th of September).

This a pure A2A competition opposing squadrons.

Format will be 6v6. Reserves are strongly recommended to avoid going in outnumbered if any no shows.

Depending on how many teams will sign up, this tournament will run either on a best of 3 rounds double elimination or best of 5 rounds single Elimination.

Even though it is a squadron based event, we also want to welcome lone wolves who can sign up to team up together.

This event will count for the SA-SIM's air-to-air rankings.

We look forward to seeing many DCS squadrons as well as lone wolves stepping up to the plate to make the most out of what we hope will be a great competition and a great opportunity to train and fight against some of the best DCS fighter squadrons.

All modules not suffering from severe glitches are allowed although given the nature of this competition, it would be foolish to fly anything but the Su-27 or the F-15.

Here is a promo video put together in 2015 as this is when SATAC 2 had been planned for initially before getting postponed. Now all lights are green, so let's bring it on!

To register, please post in this thread:

- Squadron Name

- Squadron website link

- Pilot Names

- Aircraft selected

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 51st PVO Regiment are reporting in with a full roster of pilots to defend our title! Flying strictly Su-27S. This time we are putting up only 1 "A" team, with pilots rotating in-out to meet the mission requirements. Up to 8v8 might be possible on some match dates (should both squads agree).

Confirmed Roster as of 19 Aug:

Breakshot

X-Man

Frostie

Teknetinium

Rage

Holimoli

Chimanov

Seetricks

And possibly more to make a return or fresh appearance...

Looking forward to the event!

S!

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Squadron name: 373vFS Phoenix

Pilots:

373vFS_Greg: SU-27

373vFS_Kyro: SU-27

373vFS_TaliG: SU-27

373vFS_Giannis: F-15C

373vFS_Geo:F-15C

373vFS_Daredevil: F-15C

373vFS_Castor: M2KC/ F-15C

373vFS_AirMagic: M2KC

373vFS_Petritis: SU-27

373vFS_Cvah: MiG-29S

Reserves:

373vFS_Tzanet: SU-27

373vFS_Mav: SU-27

373vFS_Gas: M2KC/ F-15C

373vFS_Spanker: SU-27

373vFS_Nightmare: SU-27

373vFS_Wardog: F-15C

373vFS_Anastasis: SU-27

Looking forward to it. Will know the names of the available pilots and our selected aircraft soon.

Thanks.

Greg

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Lonewolf

TurboRUSH

Airframe TBD (Are mixed airframes allowed within the squadron? Willing to fly F-15, Su-27, M2000, F-5 or Mig-21)

Ramsey's F-5 vs. Mig-21 match will be on the same day. Is there going to be any conflict or overlap? Thanks for setting this up!

Squadron Name: TAW

Squadron website link: http://taw.net/

TAW Team 1 (TAW1)

TAW_OverG F-15C

TAW_redcoreSix F-15C

TAW_GERSTRYKER F-15C

TAW_ExNihilo Su-27

TAW_Dutch Baron Su-27

TAW_Panthir F-15C

TAW Team 2 (TAW2)

TAW_AlephRo F-15C

TAW_DarksydeRob F-15C, Su-27

TAW_overdude F-15C

TAW_Wingthor Su-27

TAW_SeraphimGray F-15C

TAW_Kougar Su-27

Looking forward to this event. :thumbup:

https://www.facebook.com/dcsflight/

Edited by HiJack

Lonewolf

TurboRUSH

Airframe TBD (Are mixed airframes allowed within the squadron? Willing to fly F-15, Su-27, M2000, F-5 or Mig-21)

Ramsey's F-5 vs. Mig-21 match will be on the same day. Is there going to be any conflict or overlap? Thanks for setting this up!

Thanks for the sign ups so far guys.

Yes, having different aircraft within the same team is allowed.

SATAC first round matches kick off at 1800z so all will be done before Ramsey's event kicks off at 22:30z.

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Squadron Name: EDP 71st

Squadron website link: http://dcslatino.forospanish.com/

the squadron 71st can not attend the SATAC event, due lack of staff at the indicated dates and times. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope the missiles proximity fuze will be repaired before the event, in the past blue flag the shot downs were only scored with direct missile hit, meanwhile I was shot down several times by Matra 530D exploding at 450 meters away! maybe a desync or maybe a bug

the problems are still there in the latest version

oS2s_59EIAA

Edited by JunMcKill
Added Content

I dont think Tacview is always accurate when it comes to flight paths. The fetched logs are usualy accurate but Tacview has sometimes to guess estimate and extrapolate flight paths to stay consistent with the logs.

What you see in Tacview has sometimes to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Moreover, missiles is dcs will always be subject to controversy so I'd say let's go with what we have, otherwise the wait could just never end :)

Edited by FLANKERATOR

Basically whats happening in game right now is that any maneuvering is being smoothed out because, AFAIK, of the netcode's anti-warping provisions.

BFM/ACM is darn near impossible right now, Archers will, this is no Bravo Sierra, fly right through my canopy and not detonate because on the other guy's screen I'm somewhere else.

Think BFM again, I see the bandit in my control zone, with his nose about 25 degrees aft...Then I see him shooting, with his nose STILL 25 degrees aft...Yet on his screen he's pulling lead for a tracking shot that I can't see.

SATAC's gonna be real interesting... :D

Oh, also, somewhat related, guns don't work well either. It would appear that sensor-cued gunsights don't track in the vertical - I don't know specifics, but I know my bullets pass aft more often than not when the bandit's going up or down.

Lord of Salt

Basically whats happening in game right now is that any maneuvering is being smoothed out because, AFAIK, of the netcode's anti-warping provisions.

BFM/ACM is darn near impossible right now, Archers will, this is no Bravo Sierra, fly right through my canopy and not detonate because on the other guy's screen I'm somewhere else.

Think BFM again, I see the bandit in my control zone, with his nose about 25 degrees aft...Then I see him shooting, with his nose STILL 25 degrees aft...Yet on his screen he's pulling lead for a tracking shot that I can't see.

Oh, also, somewhat related, guns don't work well either. It would appear that sensor-cued gunsights don't track in the vertical - I don't know specifics, but I know my bullets pass aft more often than not when the bandit's going up or down.

Agree, I think that to avoid desync will have to limit client ping to 150 - 200 ms and not more than 30 players.

In case of SATAC is more easy, because there are no ground forces, in this scenario all comms are only from aircrafts and missiles.

I dont think Tacview is always accurate when it comes to flight paths. The fetched logs are usualy accurate but Tacview has sometimes to guess estimate and extrapolate flight paths to stay consistent with the logs.

Moreover, missiles is dcs will always be subject to controversy so I'd say let's go with what we have, otherwise the wait could just never end :)

This is true only if you base your tacview recording on one of the players in a multiplayer server. The track will then be correct for that player but may wary on the other units. If you set up the server to record tacview track it is precise for all players. Check TAW's tacview public storage which is tacview and tracks directly form the server after the round is played. I also believe the new version 1.5.0 of tacview have increased the precision on tracking.

And best of all if you need to prevent users from recording their own track and "cheat", you can do and the server will still record tacview file! :)

Edited by HiJack

Sweep this problem can be temporarily solved by using the old netcode. Make a file autoexec.cfg into your users/username/saved games/dcs/config folder and add there a line "net.use_new_fm = false". This way you can at least practice BFM while ED tries to fix what they broke :)

• Like 2

Sweep this problem can be temporarily solved by using the old netcode. Make a file autoexec.cfg into your users/username/saved games/dcs/config folder and add there a line "net.use_new_fm = false". This way you can at least practice BFM while ED tries to fix what they broke :)

Is this setting server enforceable? If so, I would strongly suggest it to be used for SATAC, unless ED actually fixed it before then...

Sent from mobile Android via Tapatalk

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

How does it work in conjunction with other users using the new netcode? Am I still warping for other clients or they for me?

I don't think so. It passes thru integrity check though..

Very interesting. So you're saying one can use it while everyone else around are on new code... I wonder how that affects everything... Seems like a big discrepancy on the part of ED.

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Sorry Flanker, I know, that we cant wait for the missiles ok to make a competition, but regarding to tacview, it shows exactly what was saved in the track, remember that all servers have the export option OFF, so we need to replay the track to produce the tacview info. I can upload the video or the R-27ET dissapearing in air if you want, in the track is the same.

Thanks stuge, I will insert the code!

Very interesting. So you're saying one can use it while everyone else around are on new code... I wonder how that affects everything... Seems like a big discrepancy on the part of ED.

Yeah it seems to affect your own perspective only.. probably doesn't affect how others see things. Brings back the warpings at least. However I don't know what the effect of serverside setting of this is.. I mean if server also needs to set old code for things to completely work the old way, or if it is enough that a client has this setting.

Edited by Stuge

Yeah it seems to affect your own perspective only.. probably doesn't affect how others see things. Brings back the warpings, but at least aircraft are shown at their proper attitudes :)

Just tested on 104th. Works great. Back to normal. Good stuff

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg