Questions about SPO-15 Beryoza RWR

JunMcKill

I was reading the real SU-27SK manual and found a serie of differences, but the most important was about the SPO-15 threat type warning lights, in the DCS SU-27 and FC3 DCS manuals it appear like below:

Threats types:

П – airborne radar

З - long-range radar

X - medium-range radar

H - short-range radar

F - early warning radar

C - AWACS

but in the SU-27SK manual, is more complex, and it's not that simple to delimit the air and ground targets:

SPO-15LM

2nbyk4k.jpg

П – irradiation from SAMs "Terrier" or aircraft type F-4, F-104 with simultaneous inclusion of spike for aiming "Sparrow" missile

З – irradiation type SAM "Chaparral", "Vulcan" or naval SAM "Sea Wolf"

X – irradiation of SAMs like "Hawk" or aircraft type F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18 (long-range)

Н – irradiation SAM type "Nike Hercules," "Patriot," or naval "Talos";

Г – exposure to short distance of the aircraft F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18 or missile "Phoenix" in ARH (possibly flashing signals Г together with the X)

С – irradiation aircraft type F-4, F-5, F-104, F-111 (without including the illumination channel П), Mirage, Jaguar, nails of SAM type "Terrier", "Crotale"

Original:

П – облучение ЗРК «Терьер» или самолетами типа F-4, F-104 с одновременным включением подсвета для наведения ракет типа «Спарроу»;

З – облучение ЗРК типа «Чапарел», «Вулкан» или ЗРК «Сивульф»;

X – облучение ЗРК типа «Хок» или самолетами F-14, F-15, F-16 и F-18 (с больших дальностей);

Н – облучение ЗРК типа «Найк-Геркулес», «Патриот», «Талос»;

Г – облучение с малых дальностей самолета F-14, F-15, F-16 и F-18 или ракетой «Феникс» с РТС (возможно высвечивание сигнала Г совместно с сигналом X);

С – облучение самолетами типа F-4, F-5, F-104, F-111 (без включения канала подсвета), МИРАЖ, ЯГУАР, ЛАЙТНИНГ или ЗРК типа "Терьер", "Кроталь",

In this case the FC3 SPO RWR were designed to give a more easy way to deal with it?

Edited by JunMcKill

Yep, just like the western RWR is missing a lot of things,

Eg: Timed-out contacts should be 'ghosted', search contacts half brightness, STT contacts full brightness, relative altitude indication and other fun stuff like contact-specific sounds (actuall a series of sounds indicating the operation mode of the contact)

Plus a whole bunch more logic like a contact limit button, contact separation button and contact handoff.

In general these sensors are simplified in flight sims.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yep, just like the western RWR is missing a lot of things,

Eg: Timed-out contacts should be 'ghosted', search contacts half brightness, STT contacts full brightness, relative altitude indication and other fun stuff like contact-specific sounds (actuall a series of sounds indicating the operation mode of the contact)

Plus a whole bunch more logic like a contact limit button, contact separation button and contact handoff.

In general these sensors are simplified in flight sims.

Thanks! thats I supposed

Different sounds? Are you sure on that? From what I've read the simulation of the SPO-15 we have is pretty accurate sound wise. As in sounds for search, lock and launch. Haven't heard of different sounds for specific emitter types.

• 3 weeks later...
When SPO-15 picks up threat type warning lights, a long range ground radar, a medium range ground radar, an airborne radar and an AWACS all showing at once, how do you know which green direction indicator light goes with each threat type warning light?

You don't, you can try turning the RWR off and then on though which can sometimes initially give you different priorities allowing you to decipher the emissions a bit.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

When SPO-15 picks up threat type warning lights, a long range ground radar, a medium range ground radar, an airborne radar and an AWACS all showing at once, how do you know which green direction indicator light goes with each threat type warning light?

By rolling aircraft you get to filter out the angles (ranges) and this way what is how far. You work with the RWR by flying the aircrat and looking outside and this way marking on your kneeboard the threat.

It doesn't matter what other threats are when you are under attack as it is your primary concern and it is then promoted and you only want to work with that one threat as you can't concentrate to two different threats. And when you ain't under a attack, you can easily work with the threat situation fairly accurate manner.

Old but covers well the basic philosophy

The 30 degree RWR angle is as well easy to use with the avionics as they have 30 degree marked. And then you can quickly and easily calculate the ranges by looking your altitude and angles and this way get fairly accurate visual positioning where threat is.

And then when you are suppose to get the information in briefing of enemy threats, you can use that information.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Different sounds? Are you sure on that? From what I've read the simulation of the SPO-15 we have is pretty accurate sound wise. As in sounds for search, lock and launch. Haven't heard of different sounds for specific emitter types.

Are you saying that the real SPO-15 does not provide signal audio? Because that's a pretty flawed set-up if you ask me.

What is the key command to turn the RWR off and then on, I couldn't find it?

I think he might mean "declutter" (R-Shift + R).

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.